Sign in to follow this  
ilovemustachios

Your Honest Opinion Please

I don't know if I'm a music snob or if I am just biased because the lead singer is one of my best friends and I think his voice is bad.....but let me know what you think of my friend's band. Maybe I'm crazy but I think they blow:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...friendID=517936

naw dude, the force is indeed strong in you. you're right, they totally blow.

naw dude, the force is indeed strong in you. you're right, they totally blow.

OK good...I felt like I was on crazy pills...because all my friends are like " it's good" and I'm like "are you serious??"

The guitar parts are predictable and boring bass and drums are quiet standard and the vocals are laughable.....right???

OK good...I felt like I was on crazy pills...because all my friends are like " it's good" and I'm like "are you serious??"

The guitar parts are predictable and boring bass and drums are quiet standard and the vocals are laughable.....right???

definitely not worth losing a friend over though. just play nice and do a little head bopping at their next show like you actually enjoy that miserable crap they play, and all will be good. you may even get some groupie action cuz your tight with the suckass lead singer. :doublethumbsup:

definitely not worth losing a friend over though. just play nice and do a little head bopping at their next show like you actually enjoy that miserable crap they play, and all will be good. you may even get some groupie action cuz your tight with the suckass lead singer. :ninja:

:banana: :thumbsdown: :banana:

All I know is, if I was the lead singer in a band and wanted opinions from The Geek Club on how we were/I was, this is EXACTLY how I would pose the question. :banana:

All I know is, if I was the lead singer in a band and wanted opinions from The Geek Club on how we were/I was, this is EXACTLY how I would pose the question. :banana:

Definately not my band, mine is much more entertaining.... I will post a link to my bands myspace page as soon as I remove my name and any connection to me :banana: because I know geeks better than to be that stupid.

No likey :wall:

Hopefully, your freind wasn't the lyrical master who came up with this little diddy:

Like Oasis is to Manchester, The Beatles to Liverpool, MC5 to Detroit and the Stones to East London, The Design is the voice of a rustbelt generation ready to rise and willing to capture their dreams, visit the world and take the necessary steps to realize their true calling, at any cost.

The Design is the sound of youth, ambition and confidence set to Rock n Roll. Let us Make History together.

uuuuhhhhh, okay.

Guest Black Label Society
I don't know if I'm a music snob or if I am just biased because the lead singer is one of my best friends and I think his voice is bad.....but let me know what you think of my friend's band. Maybe I'm crazy but I think they blow:

that music is the kick ass!!!

They sound like a bit of a cross between At The Drive In and Ben Folds Five, none of which gets props as influence.

Unless they think they're just superfockinggreat but ain't and all arrogant, then more power to them, because it's just fun to be in a band.

Guest Black Label Society
seriously??????

No. I didn't even listen to it. :wall:

I've heard worse.

At least they're out there writing their own stuff, and hopefully having some fun.

They could stumble into one halfway decent tune down the road and become the next no talent assclowns to sign with a major label.

Of course, it's more likely that they'll end up selling mazdas or working security at the local VA hospital.

I've never said this before, and can't envision the circumstance where I'd say it again, but you're not crazy.

That said, I still give credit to anyone willing to create and offer it up for criticism. More power to them.

That band sucked. I mean REALLY sucked. I've heard bands suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

Actually, I agree with most of the others here. I'm not going to dog anyone who's got the balls to go out there and write and perform original material. Just be a good friend, support him while he chases his dream, and offer up your couch when he's broke and needs a place to crash for a few weeks while they cut some tracks at the studio.

:bandana: