Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Mike Williams fined over 400K last season

Because last year's fines were imposed after taxes, Williams had to "earn" more than $600,000 to pay the fines. Williams made $230,000 in salary last year and is scheduled to make $350,000 in salary this season so, not counting the bonus money, Williams will be playing for free in his first two seasons.

It apparently hasn't helped. During the first mandatory three-day minicamp this spring under new head coach Rod Marinelli, Williams was sent home for the final two days after he was late for a meeting and a rehabilitation session for his sore hamstring. It is not known if Williams was fined for those infractions.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/index.s....xml&coll=1

that's great.

And just to think, if it wasn't for that initial judge's ruling that Maurice Clarett could come out early, Mike Williams would've played one more year at USC and probably come out as an early 1st round draft pick - meaning he would have signed for millions. Now he's gotta get a second job just to pay fines from his boss... I really didn't know that NFL teams could MAKE money by drafting troubled players. Maybe the Fords are smarter than we think...

How hard is it to show up in shape and on time? :thumbsup:

Maybe the Fords should not fine him and buy him a watch.

probably safe to say that he's going to have a $hitty year ... he'll probably end up getting benched at some time during the season. this is a man to avoid ...

no doubt he deserved it. let's see what this year brings.

If $400K in fines doesn't get through to the guy, it's hard to believe that Marinelli being "tough" is going to change an awful lot.

The guy you blasted the Bears for not drafting, and went down on Millen over....is a POS.

If $400K in fines doesn't get through to the guy, it's hard to believe that Marinelli being "tough" is going to change an awful lot.

The guy you blasted the Bears for not drafting, and went down on Millen over....is a POS.

"Millen is a draft guru"

I think Sampy is still upset at M. Williams for not being able to be Terd Ferguson's stats last year costing him a two-month "ban" :doh:

that's great.

And just to think, if it wasn't for that initial judge's ruling that Maurice Clarett could come out early, Mike Williams would've played one more year at USC and probably come out as an early 1st round draft pick - meaning he would have signed for millions. Now he's gotta get a second job just to pay fines from his boss... I really didn't know that NFL teams could MAKE money by drafting troubled players. Maybe the Fords are smarter than we think...

Wasn't he the 10th overall pick? I thought he got close to 10mil for a bonus.

Wasn't he the 10th overall pick? I thought he got close to 10mil for a bonus.

oh yeah, you're right. MWilliams sat out for a year, became a turd and Millen STILL spent a high first round pick on him... how could i forget MWilliams was BPA!!!! :cheers:

nice revisionist history. a lot of bear fans were lamenting not drafting mike williams last year. hindight's 20-20, eh?

not that benson has shown he's not the next curtis enis, either.

nice revisionist history. a lot of bear fans were lamenting not drafting mike williams last year. hindight's 20-20, eh?

Revisionist history? You ripped the Bears for not drafting him and claimed that Millen was a draft guru because he did. That's actual history...

At least Benson shows up to practice and is working hard not to be the next Enis. When Williams decides to show up to a few practices, he's more concerned about when lunch break is.

I still would rather have him than Troy Williamson....

At least Benson shows up to practice and is working hard not to be the next Enis. When Williams decides to show up to a few practices, he's more concerned about when lunch break is.

didn't curtis enis show up to practice? that means nothing. i'll spot you a lot of guys who show up to practice, work hard, and then get cut.

both the lazy and the hard-working can end up unemployed in this league. so save the our-player-is-holier-than-thou bullshiat.

even better idea: let's see how this year works out, okay? :lol:

Revisionist history? You ripped the Bears for not drafting him and claimed that Millen was a draft guru because he did. That's actual history...

hate to burst your bubble, but there is no evidence that the bears picking benson is going to end up being a better pick than the lions picking mike williams. i realize it's fun to start a mike williams thread every-other day and make career pronouncements, but at the end of the day it means nothing. nada.

let's see what this year brings--for both players. both have a lot to prove.

herman moore got absolutley skewered by detroit media his rookie year. he was slow, had hands of stone, seemed like a prima donna, etc etc etc. had this board--and you--been around at that time you would have had a field day posting "herman moore sucks and the lions blew that pick" threads.

again, let's give these players a fair trial--at least two years--before we sentence them to the gallows.

and i'll do the same for your boy toy benson, whom i do have serious, serious reservations about at the moment.

Fat, Lazy, Pile of ###### Williams is a TOTAL 100% L-O-S-E-R.

didn't curtis enis show up to practice? that means nothing. i'll spot you a lot of guys who show up to practice, work hard, and then get cut.

both the lazy and the hard-working can end up unemployed in this league. so save the our-player-is-holier-than-thou bullshiat.

even better idea: let's see how this year works out, okay? :cheers:

hate to burst your bubble, but there is no evidence that the bears picking benson is going to end up being a better pick than the lions picking mike williams. i realize it's fun to start a mike williams thread every-other day and make career pronouncements, but at the end of the day it means nothing. nada.

let's see what this year brings--for both players. both have a lot to prove.

herman moore got absolutley skewered by detroit media his rookie year. he was slow, had hands of stone, seemed like a prima donna, etc etc etc. had this board--and you--been around at that time you would have had a field day posting "herman moore sucks and the lions blew that pick" threads.

again, let's give these players a fair trial--at least two years--before we sentence them to the gallows.

and i'll do the same for your boy toy benson, whom i do have serious, serious reservations about at the moment.

Nice spin...nobody was talking about Benson...you brought him up...as usual...in your straw man attempt to deflect away from the real topic...and your actual words.

Nice spin...nobody was talking about Benson...you brought him up...as usual...in your straw man attempt to deflect away from the real topic...and your actual words.

who the fock asked you? nice spin yourself.

mike has a lot to prove. no question. will he? don't know. let's see what this year brings. end of spin.

but as the lions are reportedly gaga over what charles rogers has been doing this offseason (tom kowalski report 7-20-06) mike may find he's the odd man out unless he really steps it up.

that's no spin. just reality.

As usual, swamp puppy has a hard time being a man about the things he's said in the past. No surprises here. :blink:

I don't know why we can't give up on BMW after one year, when apparantly the organization that owns him already has. All reports indicate that they have already investigating cutting his lazy, sorry ass. But when someone explained to Millen for about the 20th time how the cap works, he realized it's not a great option. :clap:

Mike Williams -------> :bench:

That's what you'll be seeing this year. What a waste of a first round pick. :thumbsdown:

As usual, swamp puppy has a hard time being a man about the things he's said in the past. No surprises here. :banana:

I don't know why we can't give up on BMW after one year, when apparantly the organization that owns him already has. All reports indicate that they have already investigating cutting his lazy, sorry ass. But when someone explained to Millen for about the 20th time how the cap works, he realized it's not a great option. :)

the argument on draft day was drafting bpa versus need. there were a lot of people here on draft day criticizing millen for not drafting need at pick 10; i said i believe in the philosophy of bpa in round 1. and mike williams was the bpa at that date at that time, given what is known.

could it end up being a bad pick? sure it could. we'll know a more definitive answer after this year, most likely.

not sure why that's so hard for you to understand but incessantly re-hash this issue and choose not to comprehend it.

Why?

who the fock asked you? nice spin yourself.

mike has a lot to prove. no question. will he? don't know. let's see what this year brings. end of spin.

but as the lions are reportedly gaga over what charles rogers has been doing this offseason (tom kowalski report 7-20-06) mike may find he's the odd man out unless he really steps it up.

that's no spin. just reality.

I did not realize we had to be asked to post in threads now a days. :P

You do this all the time as well...someone posts about the Lions...if a Bears fan...you bring up Benson...or something else...Packers you would probably bring up Harris...or the Walker or McKenzie situation...before it was just Ferguson. Great defense of your team..."yeah but XXX drafted this guy and he might not work out either". Then you have the audacity at times to call other people's arguments straw man? When that phrase does not even apply? It certainly applies to nearly every one of your responses.

Just once try to stick with the actual topic rather than your typical deflection. You are the torrid of the main board.

Wow...a team is gaga so far over a player? Right now? Yippeeeee.....

why not? troy has proven zilch so far, too. flip a coin.

It's not about what Troy hasn't proved as much is it about Mike Williams proving he has an attitude problem and is a lazy ass.

Brings for the Lions?...well thats easy....most predictable team ever....

Answer-BELOW AVERAGE

At least Williamson isn't lazy and overweight like Williams...

but as the lions are reportedly gaga over what charles rogers

lol - this is pure desperation. Ready to throw Mike under the bus and throw the rally machine around the crack addict pencil neck that gets hurt when someone farts in his direction. :P

It wouldn't surprise me to see Williams be cut in camp. Talk about someone who is clueless.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Williams be cut in camp. Talk about someone who is clueless.

It would cost them about 12 mill in a cap hit, so even if he is a healthy scratch, he is staying

Go Charles Rodgers! the new #2.....well maybe.

For what it's worth, I have heard good things about Rogers working hard and coming-in in great shape.