Sign in to follow this  
Portis26

Chris Brown requests a trade

I hate this becuase I was high on Lendale... now he will go higher and for more $$ $ then originally expected :cry:

Titans RB Chris Brown has requested to be traded

7/20/2006

Sirius NFL Radio is reporting that Tennessee Titan RB Chris Brown has requested to be traded. More on this as we get it! Link

I have 2nd pick in the rookie draft :cry: I've been eyeing him and D.Williams.

I hate this becuase I was high on Lendale... now he will go higher and for more $$ $ then originally expected :cry:

My thoughts exactly

Good-

I don't think the Titans are deep enough to trade Brown.

Brown is worried about his job- and that's a good thing.

LW will be the starter by next year, probably the second half of this season.

I have 2nd pick in the rookie draft :lol: I've been eyeing him and D.Williams.

I heard if you select Lendale he comes complete with a C-cup bra..... you should be eyeing that Lawrence Maroney in a dynasty league with that # 2 babY ! :(

I heard if you select Lendale he comes complete with a C-cup BRO..... you should be eyeing that Lawrence Maroney in a dynasty league with that # 2 babY ! :lol:

Fixored.

I heard if you select Lendale he comes complete with a C-cup bra..... you should be eyeing that Lawrence Maroney in a dynasty league with that # 2 babY ! :(

:clap: :banana: :lol:

I heard if you select Lendale he comes complete with a C-cup bra..... you should be eyeing that Lawrence Maroney in a dynasty league with that # 2 babY ! :wall:

Thing is Foster gets hurt every year. Dillion might be around for a few more years.

Thing is Foster gets hurt every year. Dillion might be around for a few more years.

Craft is a little on the cheap side though... Corey Dillon isn't really the type to take a pay cut to stay around IMO, but ya never know.... I just think Maroney is the perfect mold of an every down NFL RB... and you know the King Brady isn't going anywhere so that offense will be nice for a long time... MARONEY !!!!! :wall:

Craft is a little on the cheap side though... Corey Dillon isn't really the type to take a pay cut to stay around IMO, but ya never know.... I just think Maroney is the perfect mold of an every down NFL RB... and you know the King Brady isn't going anywhere so that offense will be nice for a long time... MARONEY !!!!! :wall:

I agree with that. That is what scares me about D.Williams because of the goaline carries. Maroney will get the rock on the goaline.

really, I don't expect the TEN offense to be very good this year. And as a result, I don't expect any of the TEN RBs to put up big stats.

A pitiful offense with a RBBC consisting of and overweight, lazy rookie, a guy that wants to be traded, and an oft-injured question mark. I just don't understand why any fantasy owners would be "high" on any TEN RBs.

Brown article on Yahoo

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Brown, who is entering the last year of his rookie contract, officially has requested the right to seek a trade, according to Brown's representatives from Morgan Advisory Group.

The Titans received official notification of the request in a letter written by agents Ryan Morgan and Wynn Silberman and delivered to the team on Monday. Brown decided his long-term future in Tennessee was in doubt after his agents met with general manager Floyd Reese.

In early June, Brown became a bit anxious over the fact that he still had not received a contract extension. The Titans' drafting of USC's LenDale White and the re-signing of veteran Travis Henry further added to Brown's uneasiness.

League sources said that Brown's name was mentioned in a variety of possible trades, but Reese had yet to provide Brown or his new representation permission to seek a trade. Reese, who has been on vacation in recent weeks, also had not given them any indication that the team felt obligated to negotiate a new contract.

Brown entered Tennessee's most recent minicamp as the only healthy running back among the team's top three. He was prepared to have his best season, though his numbers dropped off from career bests of 1,067 rushing yards and a 4.9-yard carry average in 2004 to 851 yards and a 3.8 mark last season.

At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, Brown – who led the Big 12 Conference in rushing during his senior year at Colorado – has ideal size. His attributes would be best served in a run-oriented scheme that favors backs who like to make one cut, move and go, as he has shown an extra burst in the open field. Brown also has better hands than advertised (53 career receptions in 37 games).

Teams that could potentially show interest in obtaining the rights to Brown include the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans. The dark horse team would be the Minnesota Vikings; Brown's former position coach in college, Eric Bieniemy, is now part of the Vikings' coaching staff.

I really don't think Tennessee will give permission to seek a trade. The staff doesn't trust Travis Henry, since he's just a puff away from being suspended for the entire season, and they have an unproven commodity in Lendale White, and they're not sure how he will turn out. Bottom line is Chris Brown is far and away the best RB on the roster, and I doubt they will give that away.

Brown article on Yahoo

Tennessee Titans running back Chris Brown, who is entering the last year of his rookie contract, officially has requested the right to seek a trade, according to Brown's representatives from Morgan Advisory Group.

The Titans received official notification of the request in a letter written by agents Ryan Morgan and Wynn Silberman and delivered to the team on Monday. Brown decided his long-term future in Tennessee was in doubt after his agents met with general manager Floyd Reese.

In early June, Brown became a bit anxious over the fact that he still had not received a contract extension. The Titans' drafting of USC's LenDale White and the re-signing of veteran Travis Henry further added to Brown's uneasiness.

League sources said that Brown's name was mentioned in a variety of possible trades, but Reese had yet to provide Brown or his new representation permission to seek a trade. Reese, who has been on vacation in recent weeks, also had not given them any indication that the team felt obligated to negotiate a new contract.

Brown entered Tennessee's most recent minicamp as the only healthy running back among the team's top three. He was prepared to have his best season, though his numbers dropped off from career bests of 1,067 rushing yards and a 4.9-yard carry average in 2004 to 851 yards and a 3.8 mark last season.

At 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, Brown – who led the Big 12 Conference in rushing during his senior year at Colorado – has ideal size. His attributes would be best served in a run-oriented scheme that favors backs who like to make one cut, move and go, as he has shown an extra burst in the open field. Brown also has better hands than advertised (53 career receptions in 37 games).

Teams that could potentially show interest in obtaining the rights to Brown include the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans. The dark horse team would be the Minnesota Vikings; Brown's former position coach in college, Eric Bieniemy, is now part of the Vikings' coaching staff.

I really don't think Tennessee will give permission to seek a trade. The staff doesn't trust Travis Henry, since he's just a puff away from being suspended for the entire season, and they have an unproven commodity in Lendale White, and they're not sure how he will turn out. Bottom line is Chris Brown is far and away the best RB on the roster, and I doubt they will give that away.

The only thing Brown is the far best at is at being very undependable.

As a Colorado homer (both Broncos and Buffs) I would love to see him get a chance here. I do think he's a good fit for the blocking scheme the Broncos run. Having said that, aside from Portis, the broncos can't keep backs healthy, so not sure Brown would be much different.

Tennessee may as well get something while they can..He's gone after this year and Lendale & Vince will be starting at some point.

I disagree. Jarret Payton is a decent 3rd string/back-up RB. They drafted Ganther. They have had Nash on the roster for 2 years. Fleming is also fast enough to play in single back sets with Kinney, Troupe, and Scaife that is probably a viable option as well.

They also signed Ahmad Hall as UDFA (supp draft) who could develop into a decent FB/RB tweener and have an impact on special teams.

There are only so many roster spots.

If Titans can get a 1st day pick for Brown, they might as well do that now...

I disagree. Jarret Payton is a decent 3rd string/back-up RB. They drafted Ganther. They have had Nash on the roster for 2 years. Fleming is also fast enough to play in single back sets with Kinney, Troupe, and Scaife that is probably a viable option as well.

They also signed Ahmad Hall as UDFA (supp draft) who could develop into a decent FB/RB tweener and have an impact on special teams.

I think a 4th or even a 3rd rounder is good for Brown considering his injury history. If the Broncos are going to spend 3rd rounders on guys like Claurette, they may as well not even have one. :thumbsup:

Anyone else thinking Brown may be lobbying for a move back to Colorado in the way of a Lelie for Brown trade? Interesting timing here, but Lelie has demanded a trade, and now Brown, and Brown went to Coloardo U...not that Denver needs any more RBs, but he's as good as anyone they have there. And not that TN really needs an Ashley Lelie type WR, but theyd probably rather have him than a disgruntled RB wanting to be somewhere else.

Anyone else thinking Brown may be lobbying for a move back to Colorado in the way of a Lelie for Brown trade? Interesting timing here, but Lelie has demanded a trade, and now Brown, and Brown went to Coloardo U...not that Denver needs any more RBs, but he's as good as anyone they have there. And not that TN really needs an Ashley Lelie type WR, but theyd probably rather have him than a disgruntled RB wanting to be somewhere else.

Interesting :thumbsup:

really, I don't expect the TEN offense to be very good this year. And as a result, I don't expect any of the TEN RBs to put up big stats.

A pitiful offense with a RBBC consisting of and overweight, lazy rookie, a guy that wants to be traded, and an oft-injured question mark. I just don't understand why any fantasy owners would be "high" on any TEN RBs.

Don't leave out the son of a dead legend...

R.I.P. - SWEETNESS ! :thumbsup:

this is going to be a great year for rookie runninbacks in terms of value.... could we ask for a better situation for D.Williams? even Dillon is no model of health.... I cant wait to grab one of these guys as a 4th RB and be starting them by week 5

No love for Travis Henry I take it...

Depends on what you mean by "love". Henry just got bumped up considerably on my board. I still have White ahead of him for now (he's always been the highest Tennessee RB), but training camp will bear watching.

Gaither is a 7th round pick, that I doubt will contribute on anything more than special teams. Unless something has changed, the Titans staff was very disappointed in Damien Nash last year, and I doubt they'd feel comfortable with Fleming playing tailback. If they decide to trade Brown, which if they get a first day pick they probably will, I guess it shows how much confidence they have that Lendale White is special. If Brown goes to Denver his and Lendale's value should go up considerably. As a Titans fan, I hope Brown can get it worked out with Tennessee though, because I think Brown and White complement each other much nicer than Brown/Henry or Henry/White or any other combination of backs on the roster.

White will get a chance to show what he can do this year. I'm really high on him contributing early this year, as I just don't think Brown can stay healthy for any stretch of time.

Brown is in the last year of his contract and wants to get paid. He probably asked for a trade for a few reasons including:

1. He is talented enough to be a starting NFL RB & expects to be just that for a team.

2. The 3 year contract offer makes it easy to cut him any time the Titans feel White is ready to take over.

3. The 3 year contract offer also screws Brown if he has a great season & White flops. Brown will be the starting RB for several years at a backup RB price. He would then have to produce for 3 seasons before getting paid...ouch.

If a trade happens, Denver seems most likely to land Brown. Excellent fit for his running style. Even Bronco homers here feel the team is weak (at least thin) at the RB position for the first time in years. Brown could put up :wacko: numbers in that offense.

Most likely, Brown will play for Tenn again this season unless the team would like to get some value out of him via trade. Cuz next year he will be gone.

Brown is going to play his arse off this year becasue if he does well on a lousy Titans team, the man is going to get a big fat contract.

Gaither is a 7th round pick, that I doubt will contribute on anything more than special teams. Unless something has changed, the Titans staff was very disappointed in Damien Nash last year, and I doubt they'd feel comfortable with Fleming playing tailback. If they decide to trade Brown, which if they get a first day pick they probably will, I guess it shows how much confidence they have that Lendale White is special. If Brown goes to Denver his and Lendale's value should go up considerably. As a Titans fan, I hope Brown can get it worked out with Tennessee though, because I think Brown and White complement each other much nicer than Brown/Henry or Henry/White or any other combination of backs on the roster.

good post, but I doubt if anyone would be dumb enough to give up a 3rd for Brown . . .

good post, but I doubt if anyone would be dumb enough to give up a 3rd for Brown . . .

Only a team desperate enough would go with a 3rd... See... The Titans and Brown are in a poor situation. He is a FA so any team giving up something will either want to resign him to a longer term or not give up something that signficant for a 1 year player. If a team wants him and wants to resign him, then have to consider him their starter now and in the future. There are NO teams right now that hard up...

Denver... Dayne/Bell already there. Argue all you want on who will be the starter, but they are not hurting.

KC... Backup

Indy... Rookie in place and backup already there.

Houston... Starter questionable with injury but clearly the starter...

NYJ.... Possible destination but I think they have backs they will want to see what they can do first.

OAK... backup needed.

MIA... Backup needed.

etc

etc

The only way I see Denver moving for him is if they send Bell or Dayne to Tenn in the deal. A Lelei offer would be laughed at for years to come.

why is tenn asking for so much? they're not going anywhere this year, why not trade him for anything before he leaves? i understand if they're in the hunt, but they're not.

The teams that make the most sense to me are the Texans, Broncos, Jets, or Rams.

However, with Brown's current contract status and the Titans asking price, it seems to me that the most likely scenario for any trade (IF one should happen) would be to a team that views itself on the cusp of winning a Superbowl and is looking for an extra piece or two this year to put them over the top.

Personally, out of those teams I mentioned above, the Broncos are the only team that looks like they could seriously challenge for an NFL championship.

why is tenn asking for so much? they're not going anywhere this year, why not trade him for anything before he leaves? i understand if they're in the hunt, but they're not.

Because they want value for their pick and to make up for any discomfort in having your starter gone and replaced by a rookie.

Other teams know they have a weak position and will negotiate accordingly.

The teams that make the most sense to me are the Texans, Broncos, Jets, or Rams.

However, with Brown's current contract status and the Titans asking price, it seems to me that the most likely scenario for any trade (IF one should happen) would be to a team that views itself on the cusp of winning a Superbowl and is looking for an extra piece or two this year to put them over the top.

Personally, out of those teams I mentioned above, the Broncos are the only team that looks like they could seriously challenge for an NFL championship.

Unless Brown is the starter in the new city he won't sign a new deal... if he won't sign a new deal, they won't trade him because they can't get anything decent from him and NONE of those teams has a starting position open, inlcuding Denver, it is the most favorable for him though.

Houston won't pay the price either in my opinion... all they are looking for is a backup to carry the water until Dom is healthy.

Jags :banana:

HEHE... Chrissy Brown would break down stepping onto the field. If it wasn't for his constant nicks and dings, it WOULD be a good place for him to go. There... or CAR.

Brown is just being dumb.

how can a guy who is a borderline starter and cant stay healthy expect to be traded somewhere where he can shoulder a larger load.

he hasnt even fully proven he can carry his share of the load here.

he'd play 6 games and get hurt. A guy like him NEEDs to have another RB in the rotation because you cant count on him to be healthy all year long.

there's not a team in the league that will take him on, guarantee he'll be the starter, and not keep a good second running back in the lineup.

The coach/GM who would willingly do that is asking to lose their job.

6 games in when he gets hurt, the fans & media will point out his injury history and grill him for not having another back that can carry the load.

I think he should quit whining and go back to the job he has. If he leaves, I dont think he can get a better gig than Tennessee.

I know if I was a GM I wouldnt be picking up the phone unless I had no other legitimate options.

Green Bay is hurting. Gado isn't a starter, Ahman might still be hurt and career is on the downside. Brett wants to win now.

Denver can't be happy with just Tatum, he's just too small. Proved that last year. Dont kid yourself and think Dayne will be a starter. Brown's value would skyrocket in Denver.

Green Bay is hurting. Gado isn't a starter, Ahman might still be hurt and career is on the downside. Brett wants to win now.

Denver can't be happy with just Tatum, he's just too small. Proved that last year. Dont kid yourself and think Dayne will be a starter. Brown's value would skyrocket in Denver.

Brown and Tatum Bell are the exact same player. Why would Denver want another back who runs too up right and cant stay healthy when they all ready have one on the roster.

I have heard Denver isnt in the market at all for a RB like everyone thinks. They have Dayne and Bell and they are really high on Cobbs.

Brown is just being dumb.

how can a guy who is a borderline starter and cant stay healthy expect to be traded somewhere where he can shoulder a larger load.

he hasnt even fully proven he can carry his share of the load here.

he'd play 6 games and get hurt. A guy like him NEEDs to have another RB in the rotation because you cant count on him to be healthy all year long.

there's not a team in the league that will take him on, guarantee he'll be the starter, and not keep a good second running back in the lineup.

The coach/GM who would willingly do that is asking to lose their job.

6 games in when he gets hurt, the fans & media will point out his injury history and grill him for not having another back that can carry the load.

I think he should quit whining and go back to the job he has. If he leaves, I dont think he can get a better gig than Tennessee.

I know if I was a GM I wouldnt be picking up the phone unless I had no other legitimate options.

Actually if you listen to what other teams say around the league, through interviews and the like, Brown is generally well respected as a player and as a talent. That doesn't dismiss or discount his injuries or his FF value, but he is seen as a good talent. His value would normally be pretty good, but Tenn is in a bad position and they will end up getting less than they would if he was locked up longterm.

Actually if you listen to what other teams say around the league, through interviews and the like, Brown is generally well respected as a player and as a talent. That doesn't dismiss or discount his injuries or his FF value, but he is seen as a good talent. His value would normally be pretty good, but Tenn is in a bad position and they will end up getting less than they would if he was locked up longterm.

:lol:

No team is going to trade for Brown under his current agreement. It should go without saying a new long term contract will be part of any trade offer. Tenn is not willing to pay Brown guaranteed money & may want to get something in return for his talent going to another team. Right now is their last chance for any ROI.

There is at least one if not a few teams very interested in acquiring Brown for his agent to ask permission to seek a trade. Say what you want, Denver is a perfect match. It shouldn't cost the Broncos much especially if they trade Lelie & a 2nd day pick to get Brown.

Brown and Tatum Bell are the exact same player. Why would Denver want another back who runs too up right and cant stay healthy when they all ready have one on the roster.

I have heard Denver isnt in the market at all for a RB like everyone thinks. They have Dayne and Bell and they are really high on Cobbs.

Because Brown > Bell & Dayne

Plus Brown's price tag will be lower now than after the season is over. If Brown does well (which he reasonably should), he is going to get a bigger contract from someone. Denver may see some value to steal that may help push the team over the top for another SB run.