Sign in to follow this  
shake_a_leg

Draft Strategy, 10 team League

Now I realize these are mock draft outcomes, but I've been on ESPN the last couple hours testing the waters and around the 12th or 13th round (of 16) I run into this:

Top 5 RBs

Bradon Jacobs, Greg Jones, Chris Perry, Duce Staley, Ryan Moats

Top 5 WRs

Terry Glenn, Derrick Mason, Deion Branch, Matt Jones, Muhsin Muhammad...Reggie Brown down the line a bit.

At this point I usually have all my starting positions filled, save maybe a kicker, so to me Duce Staley is the best pick. It just seems that he's going to be the one most likely to get touches...and touchdowns. Derrick Mason is also a good pick, but for some reason Reggie Brown just seems enticing. Any thoughts?

Now I realize these are mock draft outcomes, but I've been on ESPN the last couple hours testing the waters and around the 12th or 13th round (of 16) I run into this:

Top 5 RBs

Top 5 WRs

Terry Glenn, Derrick Mason, Deion Branch, Matt Jones, Muhsin Muhammad...Reggie Brown down the line a bit.

At this point I usually have all my starting positions filled, save maybe a kicker, so to me Duce Staley is the best pick. It just seems that he's going to be the one most likely to get touches...and touchdowns. Derrick Mason is also a good pick, but for some reason Reggie Brown just seems enticing. Any thoughts?

I don't understand, those receivers are availabile in the 12/13th rounds?

Top 5 RBs

Top 5 WRs

I like D Mason with McNair as the new sheriff in town. They were a great tandem in TN.

I don't understand, those receivers are availabile in the 12/13th rounds?

Yeah. I know it's absurd, but it's been happening a lot. Maybe not so much that Mason is still around that late, but the others have been there enough for me to contemplate my decisions more than a few times. I just hope I'm not being tainted by poor mock drafts. I know some of the picks are way out of left field...Rackers going in the 4th or 5th rounds, stuff like that.

The team I ended up with on that draft was:

QB Bulger

RB LT

RB Droughns

WR Fitz

WR SanMoss

TE Heap (passed on Gonzo, even)

DEF Giants

K Rackers

Bench: Rhodes, FTaylor, LEvans, Warner, Duce, RegBrown, KeyJohnson, Klopfenstein

Rhodes was like a 10th round pick...got Warner in the 13th. Depth of the draft or stupidity of the mock? You decide.

Yup those WR's are available late in the espn mocks that i do as well. I think it's more a factor of depth, b/c you have sooo many WR's that will produce this year.

RB is a different story. Duce is ok, but damn he's always hurt. I would take a flyer on Greg Jones b/c Fred Taylor gets hurt early and often and he came on a bit last year.

I'd go with a guy like Glenn or Mason any day over Reggie Brown.

I believe Terry Glenn is going to have an outstanding year lining up next to T.O. If Glenn is available late then grab him!