Sign in to follow this  
oban14

What should I give up for Peyton Manning?

This is a 10 team keeper league - we get to keep any 9 players every year, no penalties. I'm keeping:

Ronnie Brown

Clinton Portis

Willis McGahee

Antonio Gates

Andre Johnson

Michael Vick

Roethlisberger

Derek Mason

Lee Evans

I have two first rounders and two second round picks.

Anyway, the guy with Peyton says he might trade him for Andre Johnson and Portis OR Brown. Should I consider this? A counter offer? Or should I just sit tight with Roethlisberger/Vick?

TIA and leave a link if you'd like my advice on yours.

I'd do it for AJ and Ronnie, but noway is Manning worth Portis. Portis is already great, but now he is paied up with Al Saunders. Big season coming from him. Outside of that I'd pair anyone on your team up and trade for him.

This is a 10 team keeper league - we get to keep any 9 players every year, no penalties. I'm keeping:

Ronnie Brown

Clinton Portis

Willis McGahee

Antonio Gates

Andre Johnson

Michael Vick

Roethlisberger

Derek Mason

Lee Evans

I have two first rounders and two second round picks.

Anyway, the guy with Peyton says he might trade him for Andre Johnson and Portis OR Brown. Should I consider this? A counter offer? Or should I just sit tight with Roethlisberger/Vick?

TIA and leave a link if you'd like my advice on yours.

I would say no to either one of those trades.. 9 keepers means that there really won't be ANY RB's out there, so your 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks don't help you much in that respect.

I'd be nervous with having to start one of those guys with mcgahee every week. I would feel far more comfortable with all three of them on my team.

I also personally think that Peyton is going to have a very dissapointing FF season and be the bane of many an owner. Losing Edge hurts the running game, but it also hurts the passing game due to the fact that he is prolly the best at picking up the blitz and protecting Manning. Without him Manning will get sacked a lot more. When he gets hit he starts to unravel. JMO

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=214943

Interesting. I was thinking Ronnie Brown would be having a pretty killer year as well... Couldn't really decide between those two.

I'd do it for AJ and Ronnie, but noway is Manning worth Portis. Portis is already great, but now he is paied up with Al Saunders. Big season coming from him. Outside of that I'd pair anyone on your team up and trade for him.

I don't think I would do it for either back. Brown will be a monster without Williams eating up carries and like the other guy said, you have Portis paired with Al Saunders. Saunders did OK with a little back by the name of Priest Holmes. I live in Atlanta, but I am in no way a Vick fan. But I keep hearing great things coming out of their camp about Vick working with Roddy White and improving his passing. Hey I can't leave a link but take a minute and look at my post "Running Back Discussion"

I'd do the AJ/Brown combination. Portis would be a risk, but I'm a little high on him this year. Got him ranked #4. If you have a shot at Bush with your 2 first round picks it would make the trade even more enticing since you'll be able to fill the void, but I don't think Bush could fill the Grand Canyon void left by Portis.

Like the commercial says, Go with Brown.

I agree with everyone else. No way you can make that trade. While Peyton is the top QB, points wise there is not a huge separation between him and the other QB's. You only need a QB who is competive with the other QB's, not Manning. There are easily 10 QB's that can service that position. There aren't 20 RB's that service the need.

Roethlisberger isn't going to be sexy, but he will score and be consistent. I understand the "accident" fear, but let it materialize on it's own. Don't materialize on you own. Worse case, trade less valuable or needed players for a less popular QB. Most manager get caught up in the name. I suggest you get caught up in the stats. Ignore hype.