Sign in to follow this  
ExtremeFajita

Swimming with the sharks: 25-round IDP Redraft

I've been bit by the fantasy bug much harder this year. I'm putting significantly more time in doing research and mocks so I decided to find a more competitive league to get a nice trial by fire. It will be my first league with IDPs and will be the longest draft (25 rounds) I have done, so I'm hoping some of you may have some tips for my final preparations and for draft-day itself. The league has 12 teams and only the top seven finishers are invited back for the following year.

If you can remember a mistake or regret you had in a similar draft (or something you did that worked perfectly), that would be most helpful. Here's the details:

Starters: 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2DL/2LB/2DB/2DFlex

The defensive flex position is one flex per position, so you must start 3 IDPs at any two positions, leaving you two at the other. The ten bench positions have no restrictions.

Offensive Scoring:

6 points for all TDs

1 point for 25 yards passing (fractional)

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving (fractional)

-3 points for interceptions and fumbles lost

Defensive Scoring:

.5 points for assisted tackles

1 point for solo tackles

1 point per pass defended

3 points for sacks,

3 points for blocked kicks and punts

3 points for fumbles forced or recovered

4 points for interceptions

5 points for safeties

6 points for tds

Thanks for your comments!

This is similar to my league....

My best advice is to go heavy on LB's. They tend to get you the most points. Then DB's, so i'd probally use LB and DB as your flex spots.

Lots of depth on the defensive side of the ball, but the studs like Zach Thomas, Donnie Edwards, Vilma, etc...can pull you out of some tight spots b/c games that that have like 10+ tackles plus sacks, ff's, etc, they will net you a buttload of points and will be the difference maker in close games.

I still would grab offense first and defense later. After you feel your offense and offensive depth is nice, I'd start grabing those stud LB's. Often in these leagues people get anxious and start going defense too early.