Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

Need advice.

During my pregnancy, it was discussed that hubby would get a Vasectomy after baby arrived.

Baby is here and is five months old. Hubby has not visited Dr. to get referral to urologist. I have mentioned it several times, and while he knows that he needs to go, he hasn't done anything. I've also told him that while going to his reg. Dr. and getting the referral, the actual procedure can take MONTHS to schedule.

How do I light a fire under his ass to get this done?!

We don't have the sex enough right now to "fake" a pregnancy, either, LOL.

When was the last time he got a physical? You know, for the baby's and your sake, you want him around for a long time, so you should both get regular checkups. So, when he's in there, casually remind him/or just ask some questions of the doctor yourself.

And I was totally going to go for a fake pregnancy, but you beat me to it :(

Let HIM decide when the time is right.

Well, you know how some men can be about going to the doctor. Not sure if your hubby is like this or not.

Why don't you just ask him if he wouldn't mind if you scheduled it for him?

Tell him you really want to start getting 'freaky' with him again really soon (without the use of condoms so he can feel the real thing) and the sooner he gets this done - the better for both of you!

Good luck! I never could get mine to do it.

Why don't you just get fixed? Maybe he wants to have kids with another woman sometime in the future.

I am currently looking into that as well, however, it's a it more than just a "snip snip" for chicks.

I don't think that he's going to have any more kids with me or anyone else. He's too old.

I am currently looking into that as well, however, it's a it more than just a "snip snip" for chicks.

I don't think that he's going to have any more kids with me or anyone else. He's too old.

If the female is going to do it, the best time would have been at the time you had your last child.

Also, I'm sure everyone is aware that Vasectomy's are reversible, so there should be no problem there.

Slurpeeeeeee Slurpeeeee :thumbsup:

Ultimatum:

Somethings gets cut off.

Him or hits nuts!

His choice.

HTH

Also, I'm sure everyone is aware that Vasectomy's are reversible, so there should be no problem there.

Don't be so sure. :thumbsup:

We're talking MICRO SURGERY you know!!!!!!

If the female is going to do it, the best time would have been at the time you had your last child.

Yeah, but I wasn't ready when I was having the baby. It was TOO final, you know? Well now, having had said baby and remembering the whole crap-ass infancy stage, I think that it was a great reminder that we don't want any more kids, LOL. He knows that it's much more invasive for me, and would probably cost more too - inpatient surgery, anesthesia, etc.

Vasectomies are much easier to reverse than tubals, that's for sure.

why not get the implant (norplant?) thing that goes in your arm and protects for like 5 years.

then no snip snip around his pee pee, and everybody wins :thumbsup: :wub:

I have nothing to offer as far as help, but after two kids I so not wanted anymore that I skipped a Metallica concert (the tour with Kid Rock) in order to get my boys snipped.

Also, if he said he would do it and won't call him a pussie all the time till be lives up to his words. If a man can't stand by his words he is a focking welcher. I guess I did have something to offer. :D YW.

:D :P :banana:

:D

Tell him that he does not get any of the cooter until he gets the boys snipped. It is not that big of a deal. I had mine and it was very easy.

On a separate note, I wonder if you did not just skip over the discussion when you were having the baby so that you would not have to get tied while they were there. It seemed like you were very apprehensive during that time about even discussing it. He is probably feeling the same way now.

Tell him that he does not get any of the cooter until he gets the boys snipped.

Hell, he'll just bend her over the sofa and she'll love that for a while.

:shocking:

Maybe he is metally having a hard time doing it. Bear with him and be patient. Practice safe sex in the mean time and be understanding that you are asking him to do something that involves his (perceived) manhood.

Tell him that he does not get any of the cooter until he gets the boys snipped. It is not that big of a deal. I had mine and it was very easy.

On a separate note, I wonder if you did not just skip over the discussion when you were having the baby so that you would not have to get tied while they were there. It seemed like you were very apprehensive during that time about even discussing it. He is probably feeling the same way now.

We didn't "skip" over the conversation, actually discussed it MANY times. For the first few dr's appts, the doctor mentioned tying my tubes during my c-section. We went back and forth (hubby and I) MANY times. Truth be told, it's just TOO final for me. Even when I was pregnant with my first, he'd said that he'd be the one to get snipped, so it's been in the plan for quite some time.

He just won't get off his ass and get a referral.

Was it discussed and agreed upon?

See my previous post.

It was agreed upon back in 2002 when I was pregnant with our first kid.

We talked about it after first kid was born, but decided that we weren't sure about having more kids, so it got put on the back burner.

It was brought up again during pregnancy with second kid, and he agreed that he would do it. He mentioned getting it done when I was pregnant with second kid, but I said we should wait until she's born "just in case."

Well, she's 5 months old, and he hasn't even visited his reg. Dr. to get the referral to the urologist. A friend of mine's husband got his referral in MAY and the procedure isn't until OCTOBER. So, even if he went now, we are looking at 6 more months of waiting.

We are practicing safe sex, and I must say that I totally and completely 100% DESPISE condoms. There IS a difference in sensation/feeling.

And no, I REFUSE to go back on the pill.

Two ways to approach this.

1) Masturbate in front of him and tell him he gets none until he is snipped.

2) Tell him you have arranged for a threesome with one of your hot friends. The only condition is he needs to be snipped first. When he has it done and approaches you about the threesome, you look at him and yell out PSYCHE!!!

Two ways to approach this.

2) Tell him you have arranged for a threesome with one of your hot friends.

Pick me!! Pick me!! :shocking: :bandana:

And no, I REFUSE to go back on the pill.

The pill definitely has it's advantages, though.

High maintenance women. :shocking:

"I want this now! I want you to lose your manhood!" :bandana:

Pick me!! Pick me!! :shocking: :bandana:

Hey! I thought I'd be her 1st pick!!

:mad:

:bandana:

We should leave the husband out of it and make it you, sawilon and TNG. :shocking:

We should leave the husband out of it and make it you, sawilon and TNG. :shocking:

One of your better ideas. :bandana:

Im not being mean here in any way, shape or form but I would get rid of the girl before I got rid of my ability to have kids. No matter what my age is.

more than just a "snip snip" for chicks.

Sounds "just" like a woman.

We don't have the sex enough right now to "fake" a pregnancy, either, LOL.

That's the problem: Why should he go through the agony if you aren't putting out?

BTW, I have had my beans disconnected, and it's more than just "snip, snip". Women always think they have it harder than men.

That's the problem: Why should he go through the agony if you aren't putting out?

BTW, I have had my beans disconnected, and it's more than just "snip, snip". Women always think they have it harder than men.

Its the drama queen in them.

Re: not puttng out - we have a four year old and a five month old, and I am breastfeeding. Enough said. I don't think that I need togo into more detail than that.

So, going in, getting local anesthetic, and leaving 20 minutes later is different than getting a general anesthetic, getting laproscopic surgery in your abdomen, and having to possibly stay over-night? Hmmm...interesting. Never said that I had it "harder" than my man, just that it's a bit more invasive.

:P

That's what I was hoping thinking! ;)

Perform the Vas yourself

;)

A self surgery would include a bottle of vodka, a knife, a gun, and a shovel. The gun and shovel are in case the surgery does not go well.

A surgery on hubby would include a bottle of vodka and your teeth.

Fixed!

A self surgery would include a bottle of vodka, a knife, a gun, and a shovel. The gun and shovel are in case the surgery does not go well.

He knows that I LOVE CourtTV, so I am practically an expert in not leaving behind any forensic evidence.

Try some reverse psychology. Tell hubby you just love motherhood, etc., and that you want to have more babies. 3 or 4 more babies, and be a stay at home mom and that you want to start up a day care in your house, etc

Try some reverse psychology. Tell hubby you just love motherhood, etc., and that you want to have more babies. 3 or 4 more babies, and be a stay at home mom and that you want to start up a day care in your house, etc

I have thought of this approach.

I have thought of this approach.

Don't say this if it is untrue.

Lies like this are remembered forever.

Be open and honest & straighforward & he will do it. Especially, as you said, with the 'unprotected sex' being that much better.

I agree it is.

Don't say this if it is untrue.

Lies like this are remembered forever.

Be open and honest & straighforward & he will do it. Especially, as you said, with the 'unprotected sex' being that much better.

I agree it is.

Of course. I have often said, "You sure you don't want anymore kids?" He is POSITIVE that he doesn't want more. If there was even an inkling in his mind that he wasn't sure, I wouldn't ask him to consider doing it. He's almost 40, he's done having kids.

Although she's an EXCELLENT baby, we were both reminded of how hard the infancy/newborn stage is and that we really don't want to do it again.

When it was only my son, things really didn't feel complete. Now with two kids, my family feels more complete and we are all ready to move onto the next stage.