Sign in to follow this  
TheNewGirl

Need advice.

My wife has told me that I have to go get my yambag sliced soon. I'm dragging my feet too, so I can understand. She gave me until Christmas. :blink:

My wife has told me that I have to go get my yambag sliced soon. I'm dragging my feet too, so I can understand. She gave me until Christmas. :rolleyes:

WTF. Man there is no way I would let someone give me that ultimatum. Like I said I would get rid of the woman before I got sliced and it would be QUICk with the ultimatum she gave you. Here's your X-mas present, divorce papers.

WTF. Man there is no way I would let someone give me that ultimatum. Like I said I would get rid of the woman before I got sliced and it would be QUICk with the ultimatum she gave you. Here's your X-mas present, divorce papers.

kilroy, are you married? Do you have kids?

I wouldn't give my husband an ultimatum. Last night I said, "If you want me to look into getting a tubal, I will. I don't want to have an 'Oops' pregnancy."

He said, "No, I will make an appointment."

I am not FORCING him to do anything. This is something that he agreed to YEARS ago.

My wife and I have talked about doing this after we have a second child. Still scares me. I dont know why, I have heard it isnt that bad but it just scares me to have my equipment worked on. :thumbsup:

kilroy, are you married? Do you have kids?

I wouldn't give my husband an ultimatum. Last night I said, "If you want me to look into getting a tubal, I will. I don't want to have an 'Oops' pregnancy."

He said, "No, I will make an appointment."

I am not FORCING him to do anything. This is something that he agreed to YEARS ago.

I understand where you are coming from but to tell someone they have till X-mas to get snipped would send me through the roof. And no I am not married but I can't see a huge difference there. Married or unmarried I could not deal with that. I don't deal well when I feel like im being forced into anything.

Attitudes like this are a byproduct of the woman having "all" of the reproductive rights in this country.

Sure, he said he would do it. Now, he is having second thoughts. Tough for you.

I already have 3 kids. I don't want any more. What's the big deal? Also there was no ultimatum.

Attitudes like this are a byproduct of the woman having "all" of the reproductive rights in this country.

Also why you never agree to sh!t like this...ever...cause chicks will hold it over your head like you signed some g0ddamn contract..

I already have 3 kids. I don't want any more. What's the big deal? Also there was no ultimatum.

:highfive:

I've been lazy getting around to it, but I'm having it done as well.

And another thing...

What if the wife agreed a LONGGGG Time ago (as TNG says) to have her boobs done.

Now she is having second thoughts...

So I can get all pissed off?

Or how about "Honey remember when you said you'd get your boobs done, well you have been taking your time so I made tha appointment for you"

It's really simple surgery nowadays right? Just a quick snip and a tuck?

And another thing...

What if the wife agreed a LONGGGG Time ago (as TNG says) to have her boobs done.

Now she is having second thoughts...

So I can get all pissed off?

Or how about "Honey remember when you said you'd get your boobs done, well you have been taking your time so I made tha appointment for you"

It's really simple surgery nowadays right? Just a quick snip and a tuck?

There is a difference in getting bigger boobs and being able to impregnate you dumb fock.

There is a difference in getting bigger boobs and being able to impregnate you dumb fock.

There is?

Thing about it is, dips1it, you can find alternate ways to not impregnate, without surgery.

Can't make the boobs bigger.

It was an analogy more to the point that you can agree to something a long time ago, and should still have the right to change your mind, especially when it comes to surgery.

Jesus focking christ, see past the surface will you? Expand that limited mental range.

TNG,

Can you make the initial appointment for him? Just the consultation, not the procudure. And go with him so he can't skip out.

Obviously if he doesn't want to have it done, you can't force him, but let him know he'll have to wear protection until you hit menopause.

he'll have to wear protection until you hit menopause.

Isn't that only a year away?

Why not wait?

TNG,

Can you make the initial appointment for him. Just the consultation, not the procudure. And go with him so he can't skip out.

No offense, but isn't that a little bit on the absurd side of controlling? Making the appointment is acceptable, but going to the appointment? I don't need my wife holding my hand at a vasectomy consultation. If my wife came with me to the consultation, that might piss me off and make me resistant to the procedure.

There is?

Thing about it is, dips1it, you can find alternate ways to not impregnate, without surgery.

Can't make the boobs bigger.

It was an analogy more to the point that you can agree to something a long time ago, and should still have the right to change your mind, especially when it comes to surgery.

Jesus focking christ, see past the surface will you? Expand that limited mental range.

The difference is one surgery is cosmetic, the other is to prevent pregnancy. Smaller boobs vs. more kids. It's a stupid analogy. I think your point was, "Hey a guy can change his mind" I agree to a point, but for important life decisions, you gotta stick to your word. "I will create a college fund for the kids and not spend the money on hookers and blow", "I will get a vasectomy so we don't have any more kids". Kinda different than "I'm changing my hair color"

make me resistant to the procedure.

I think you mean immune.

Expand that limited mental range.

Are you calling him... a..... mental....... MIDGET?!?!

If he's having second thoughts, he needs to say so. He has repeatedly told me that he will still do it.

I have told him I am more than happy to go to my Dr. and see what I need to do for a tubal (I said this in a previous post). My HMO states that I need to "take a Tubal Ligation Class" and then have my procedure. It will cost me about $50 co pay, and then another $250 for hospital admittance. I have looked into it, and I am prepared to do it. But, he keeps telling me he will. So, he either needs to tell me that he's changed his mind, or he needs to get off the pot and call.

Supermike, I am not holding ANYTHING over his head. I have not given ultimatums, I have not said "Do this or else." All I have said recently is, "Hey, you gonna call, or do I need to look into getting myself done." His reply is that he will still do it, and that he will call. End of story.

Spider, I won't make the inital call for him. I don't make any of his doctor's or dentist appointments for him. If he's hurting, he can call. If he feels sick and complains, my response is, "Call the doctor."

I had to have my wife's consent in writing to get a vasectomy, yet if she were pregnant, she could murder our unborn child without my approval. This country heavily favors women. (Divorce courts, reproductive rights, Title IX, etc.)

I agree to a point, but for important life decisions, you gotta stick to your word.

:blink:

Yeah, because no one can ever have second-thoughts about a major life-affecting decision in the face of countless other ways to prevent birth. Ass.

I have told him I am more than happy to go to my Dr. and see what I need to do for a tubal (I said this in a previous post). My HMO states that I need to "take a Tubal Ligation Class" and then have my procedure. It will cost me about $50 co pay, and then another $250 for hospital admittance. I have looked into it, and I am prepared to do it.

I could roundhouse kick you in the stomach.

But you would also die.

You take the good with the bad.

If he's having second thoughts, he needs to say so. He has repeatedly told me that he will still do it.

I have told him I am more than happy to go to my Dr. and see what I need to do for a tubal (I said this in a previous post). My HMO states that I need to "take a Tubal Ligation Class" and then have my procedure. It will cost me about $50 co pay, and then another $250 for hospital admittance. I have looked into it, and I am prepared to do it. But, he keeps telling me he will. So, he either needs to tell me that he's changed his mind, or he needs to get off the pot and call.

Supermike, I am not holding ANYTHING over his head. I have not given ultimatums, I have not said "Do this or else." All I have said recently is, "Hey, you gonna call, or do I need to look into getting myself done." His reply is that he will still do it, and that he will call. End of story.

Spider, I won't make the inital call for him. I don't make any of his doctor's or dentist appointments for him. If he's hurting, he can call. If he feels sick and complains, my response is, "Call the doctor."

Then stop focking nagging him about it. Maybe it's easier for him to drag his feet than say "I'm having second thoughts" because of all of your nagging.

Sounds like he is not really wanting to get this done. He is putting it off.

The difference is one surgery is cosmetic, the other is to prevent pregnancy. Smaller boobs vs. more kids. It's a stupid analogy. I think your point was, "Hey a guy can change his mind" I agree to a point, but for important life decisions, you gotta stick to your word. "I will create a college fund for the kids and not spend the money on hookers and blow", "I will get a vasectomy so we don't have any more kids". Kinda different than "I'm changing my hair color"

Ok dweebil, say the same thing twice. I get your point and you're 100% wrong. I don't care what the surgical procedure is, just cause you agree to it years ago does not mean you are obligated to do it now. It's surgery and you are in your right to change your mind.

And my SO getting a boob job is most definately an important life decision.

And my SO getting a boob job is most definately an important life decision.

I'm sorry your SO's t!ts suck. :blink:

Yeah I know.

Yeah, because no one can ever have second-thoughts about a major life-affecting decision in the face of countless other ways to prevent birth. Ass.

I believe that in the era of modern science, vasectomies are reversible. So, it really is not as big of a decision as it used to be.

Also, for TNG, isn't tubal ligation major abdominal surgery?

[ This message edited: 07-26-06 by Jerome In Manhattan ]

Also let it be known that the guys that are against vasectomies are not married. It's different when you are married and are done having kids. It's not a big deal.

Then stop focking nagging him about it. Maybe it's easier for him to drag his feet than say "I'm having second thoughts" because of all of your nagging.

Dood, who is nagging?

We haven't talked about it in MONTHS - like FIVE of them, since that's how old our daughter is. I addressed it yesterday. He said he'd call, I dropped it.

Again, if he has indeed changed his mind, he needs to tell me. Or, he needs to say, "Yeah, why don't you follow up on the tubal thing?"

I believe that in the era of modern science, vasectomies are reversible. So, it really is not as big of a decision as it used to be.

I also believe in this era of modern science, that reversal of vasectomies are pretty invasive and are also not guaranteed nor covered by insurance. So, it would cost thousands of dollars to have done, perhaps more than $10K.

Last time I checked, condoms were cheaper.

Also let it be known that the guys that are against vasectomies are not married. It's different when you are married and are done having kids. It's not a big deal.

I don't see how. I can't imagine me EVER changing my mind. No matter what. I will never,ever,ever go under the knife or laser or whatever to get snipped.

I'm sorry your SO's t!ts suck. :blink:

Least you're back to the level of intelligent conversation that is expected of you. Please do not try to get involved in anymore serious conversations, you just embarrass yourself.

Also, for TNG, isn't tubal ligation major abdominal surgery?

Vasectomies are reversible, and yes it would be abdominal surgery for me.

A vasectomy is outpatient surgery (a local anesthetic), the guy is home in a matter of hours. For me, it would require hospital admittance (going under general anesthetic) and a one or two day stay.

I also believe in this era of modern science, that reversal of vasectomies are pretty invasive and are also not guaranteed nor covered by insurance. So, it would cost thousands of dollars to have done, perhaps more than $10K.

Last time I checked, condoms were cheaper.

Condoms are cheaper. But do you think that he wants to spend the rest of his life using one with his WIFE?

That said, there is also more possible side effects with girls - Tubal Ligation Syndrome is one of them.

I don't see how. I can't imagine me EVER changing my mind. No matter what. I will never,ever,ever go under the knife or laser or whatever to get snipped.

why? Is it a manhood thing?