Sign in to follow this  
LiGhTs-OuT

S.Jackson and T.Holt

All the cards are lined up for Holt and Jackson to have big seasons. However I am not sure I should draft both of them on my team. Having to studs from one team is a little scary.

Input please

All the cards are lined up for Holt and Jackson to have big seasons. However I am not sure I should draft both of them on my team. Having to studs from one team is a little scary.

Input please

It depends on how the draft is playing out. If you can get an equally valued player at each spot, I would split the picks between different teams. If I had Steven Jackson, which I do, I would go with Chad Johnson, L. Fitzgerald or Terrel Owens before Holt.

yeah, the whole 'all your eggs in one basket thing' can screw you. however if I were to do something like that I would certainly prefer to go SJax and Holt rather than, say, Peyton and Harrison or Larry and Boldin, both situations which have been discussed here before.

The idea being that these guys are not mutually exclusive to eachother. If Peyton goes down, Harrison's value goes down big time. Vice versa, if Harrison gets hurt, Peyton's numbers go down. With Larry and Boldin I'd worry more about Warner going own. Then you've got to WR's that went from top ten to bottom barrel. Whereas neither Holt nor SJax rely on each other to make their numbers go up. Also, if one has a bad day, that doesn't necessarily mean the other didn't blow up.

Honestly the only reason I can see doing this is if you are gunning for ALL of your starters to have the same bye week, thus accepting one loss in return for having 100% strength for the rest of the season (something that intrigues me, but I'll prolly never do).

That or you're a homer

All in all though, it ain't worth it.

Please answer mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=214943

Yes, all your eggs in one basket can kill you, but c'mon....these aren't ordinary eggs!

If you took Jackson and your next pick rolled around and Holt is your next highest rated player, then I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. He is the most productive wr in the game for six years running...you are getting the safest bet in the wr market in Holt.

Whereas neither Holt nor SJax rely on each other to make their numbers go up. Also, if one has a bad day, that doesn't necessarily mean the other didn't blow up.

And an "off week" by Holt or Jackson will still be better than a good week by about 80% of the rest of the league. I'd avoid a QB/WR combo, but not this one. You'd have a top 10 RB, a top 5 WR, and with the depth of the draft, you can get a top 10 QB in the 3rd. Just don't get Bulger. :rolleyes:

Don't shy away from those guys if you really like them. Holt is always a beast, so you don't have to worry about him not performing. Jackson is the main guy and not sharing the rock this year.

If you have the opportunity, you really can’t pass up the chance to take both of these players. They are both set to produce huge numbers this year. However, in my opinion I would take them both and use one, or both, as trade bait to diversify your team. I too agree with the previous gents- putting all of your eggs in one basket is just to risky for me.

Injury to Bulger = less effective passing to Holt therefore causing more emphasis by opposing DST to stop the run.