Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

draft pick trade help

I have the 2nd overall pick in a 12 team serpentine redraft. I am planning on Taking LJ or Alexander with my 1st pick. The guy who picks 7th wants t otrade me his 1st and 5th round picks for my 2nd and 3rd round picks. I would get to pick at 2 and 7 in round 1, but I would not pick again until the end of round 4. Then I would pick twice in round 5.

I made a couple of counter offers to try and sweeten the deal a bit, but that is as good as he will give. I am leaning towards doing it. The prospect of 2 early pics is looking good to me. What do you guys think. Is there any reason I shouldn't pull the trigger?

I have the 2nd overall pick in a 12 team serpentine redraft. I am planning on Taking LJ or Alexander with my 1st pick. The guy who picks 7th wants t otrade me his 1st and 5th round picks for my 2nd and 3rd round picks. I would get to pick at 2 and 7 in round 1, but I would not pick again until the end of round 4. Then I would pick twice in round 5.

I made a couple of counter offers to try and sweeten the deal a bit, but that is as good as he will give. I am leaning towards doing it. The prospect of 2 early pics is looking good to me. What do you guys think. Is there any reason I shouldn't pull the trigger?

I would do it.

You could potentially have Larry Johnson/Shaun Alexander and Peyton Manning/Steven Jackson/ Someone of top tier caliber!! To have two great superstars....is as good as having three sometimes four good plaeyers.

Quarterbacks are very even. I think you can get a qb in round 6-8 that puts up just as good of numbers as a guy taken in rounds 3-5....so you can wait on them. So while Manning would be a great pick, I would advise to use that pick on a running back.

Assuming you draft Manning with the 7th pick:

With the fourth and your two fifths I would take the best available wr with your fourth pick. Then in the fifth round handcuff a couple of backs....Foster/Williams....Rhodes/Addai....whoever falls to you. Or you could take Ahman, Curtis...guys that just might have one more great year left in them.

Assuming you draft a RB with the 7th pck (which I advise):

You can get three wr's in those three picks (round 4-5) I think you'll be able to get Driver, Jackson, Roy, possibly Ward....some pretty good ones..........then with your 6th pick for your team I'd go QB.

Make the trade....I think it would work fine!!

I would do this trade. It favors you as far a pick value goes and you move up.

How to use the 7th pick depends largely on if you must start 2 RB's and whether it's a PPR league.

Also, you could consider other draft pick trades after completing this one and improve your situation even further. You could perhaps make out very nicely trading away that #2 pick as it should draw a premium.

I thought about after making the trade, trying to trade my 4th round and one of the 5th round picks for a 3rd and a later round pick. I also thought about trading both of my 5th round picks for a 4th and a later round pick.