Sign in to follow this  
bighoss

4th round pick, RB2 advice

I'm in the middle of a 10 team league draft. The 3rd round is wrapping up and my 4th round pick is 6 picks away. I've got Steven Jackson at RB1, Steve Smith at WR1 and Anquan Boldin at WR2. I'm looking for RB2 with my next pick and it looks like Kevin Jones, W. Dunn, Droughns, Tatum Bell, Deshaun Foster, Corey Dillon, Thomas Jones, Ron Dayne, etc. should all be available based on how the draft is playing out.

My problem is that none of those guys really stand out to me. I grabbed Boldin in the 3rd because I didn't see a great option at RB2, but now I need to grab one. I got burned by Jones last year, and Dunn doesn't seem to get in the endzone. I'm waiting on QB1 for my 5th or 6th round.

Which running back would you choose?

I'm looking for RB2 with my next pick and it looks like Kevin Jones, W. Dunn, Droughns, Tatum Bell, Deshaun Foster, Corey Dillon, Thomas Jones, Ron Dayne, etc. should all be available based on how the draft is playing out.

My problem is that none of those guys really stand out to me.

I took Kevin Jones for RB2, but I'm nervous enough that I'll probably take an RB 3 with the 6th pick of round 5. I'll go Droughns, T. Bell or C.Taylor- in that order. QB1 will be my pick in round 6-the 4th pick.

Any thoughts?

I think Droughns and Dunn are the safest but with the least upside. Kevin Jones and Chester Taylor are semi-risky with pretty significant upsides.

I would not consider the others unless you handcuff them.

I would have went with Foster. He has big play potential and is on an offense that is very potent. You know if he stays healthy he will have one helk of a year. Jones is abou the same injury risk as Foster and the offense that KJ is in isn't near as good as Fosters.

For your next pick, I would take Chester over Tatum.....Definitly Droughns first!! I'm a big Denver fan so I try and follow the team close. To me, Tatum isn't the answer Denver is looking for. If he was, they wouldn't have brought in Dayne....and how good can Bell be...he's battling with Ron Dayne...Ron Dayne!!

GL

I would have went with Foster. He has big play potential and is on an offense that is very potent. You know if he stays healthy he will have one helk of a year. Jones is abou the same injury risk as Foster and the offense that KJ is in isn't near as good as Fosters.

For your next pick, I would take Chester over Tatum.....Definitly Droughns first!! I'm a big Denver fan so I try and follow the team close. To me, Tatum isn't the answer Denver is looking for. If he was, they wouldn't have brought in Dayne....and how good can Bell be...he's battling with Ron Dayne...Ron Dayne!!

GL

I hear you on Dayne. I just get the feeling that the Denver coaches are hyping Ron to motivate Bell. They do like the bruising backs, but I think Dayne will disappoint and Bell will get 65% of the carries.

droughns, chester taylor, foster.

I only drop foster down cuz i think he can be had a couple of rounds after the first 2. I am planning on drafting RB/WR/WR this year as well depending on if any rb's drop to me in round two or three that i really like and I figure to draft droughns in round 4, foster in round 6 if possible, and backing him up with williams late in the draft.