Sign in to follow this  
bigdawwg

Need Help

Here are my keepers in an 8 team yahoo league...

Drew Brees QB

Mark Brunell QB

Edgerin James RB

Steven Jackson RB

J.J. Arrington RB

T. Houshmandzadeh WR

Keenan McCardell WR

It's a big points league (we start 2 QB, 2 RB,2 WR, 1 TE, 2 K, 2 DEF and 3 Flex) so there are lots and lots of points. We are allowed to keep one "rookie keeper" each year. I have the #1 over all pick, and as you can tell from my keepers...I stunk last year. The stud RB, QB, and WR are all kept. According to the projections, the best available RB is Westbrook, QB is Plummer, and WR is Donald Driver or Reggie Wayne.

I know this is a bad situation to be in, but I'd really like to improve my team. I really don't know whether to take one of these guys or to go crazy and pick Reggie Bush...it seems crazy to take him #1 overall, but I have some guys in my league who are stacked enough to take him first round.

Some one just offered me Jamal Lewis for the pick...I've had no other offers.

Any pointers??

Do not take Lewis for that pick! I think Bush will end up with more fantasy points this year anyways.

How many years can you keep your keepers? If you can draft Reggie and keep him for several years, it's a no brainer. The only trade I would take is for a super-stud who will help your team this year in a major way. You've got a good 1-2 RB punch now with Edge and S-Jax. You are going to need to break this team down and make a 2-3 year plan. Your team is bad now but you have the #1 pick in a year when there is a player generating more excitement than anyone in a long while. Here's what I would do...

#1.) Draft Reggie Bush. Do not trade him unless you get an offer of 3 quality starters ala the Herschel Walker trade (like Shockey, Deion Branch and Chester Taylor). You might be surprised how desparate some teams are to get him.

#2.) Dangle Edge out there to see what you might get for him in terms of a young studly QB or super-stud WR (ala Chad Johnson, Roy Williams + next year's #1 or 2, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning (not straight up for Eli...they would need to sweeten it more)...you don't have a chance to win this year, Edge is getting older and going forward with Reggie and S-Jax as your future RB 1-2 is huge. There will be a team(s) that will salivate over adding Edge to help them get over the top this year and if they are deep at QB or WR you will get some bites.

#3.) Read all of Matt Waldman's rookie reports or better yet buy his scouting portfolio and live with it until your draft so you can outdraft every other owner and get the most value out of your picks.

Good luck with this. I hope you didn't pull the trigger on that trade yet!

Agree, take Bush #1.

He will produce some points for you this year and become your rookie keeper next year. The rookie keeper fact increases his value!

I didn't take the trade...the guy is notorious for offering heinously unfair trades to see if anyone is stupid enough to take them.

He actually pulled off a Manning and Barber for Vick and Jamal Lewis two years ago....not to me, but some other really stupid guy in our league. This stupid guy kept 2 TE and Seattle's Defense this year....yeah...it's pretty nice having a guarenteed win every week we play him... :D :D