Sign in to follow this  
Armchair LB

Who would you keep?

Hey guys, first time poster, long time fantasy player.

I run a 14 team league, we can keep two players of different positions, scoring is 1 per 20 rush yard, 25 rec yrd and 25 pass yrd. TD's are 6. We give one point for good games (100 yrd rush, 100 yrd rec or 300 yrd pass).

Last year I had an injury ridden season and stumbled into 13th place. With the 2nd pick overall I'm hoping to improve. Here's my roster, who would you keep?

QB: Delhomme

QB: Brunell

RB: M. Anderson

RB: C. Dillon

RB: A. Stecker

WR: K. Curtis

WR: B. Edwards

WR: J. Horn

WR: M. Jenkins

WR: A. Toomer

WR: Muhammad

K: Akers

K: Bironas

DEF: Detroit

DEF: SD

So as you can see, last year was tough. I'm leaning towards Delhomme and Dillon. Thanks in advance.

Can you drop them all and start all over? Sorry - I've been there. If it doesn't cost you any draft picks, you might as wel start with Delhomme and Dillon. Hopefully you won't need to keep Dillon after this year.

Based on the overall crappiness of your choices you need to pick your keepers based on your target draft picks. For example if the talent pool in the draft is going to leave you with some options at both QB and RB, I would definitely consider taking Joe Horn and Kevin Curtis. They will at least be serviceable starters in your league (I should say 'could be').

On the other hand if you are a big believer in Maroney, it makes sense to take Dylan. Likewise with Jamal Lewis/Mike Anderson.

I guess the bottom line is that you don't have any players in the top 28 (that's how many keepers are in your league) so you need to do some research and figure out how your team is going to shake out next year. There is no obvious choice.

I agree, I'll have the second pick overall and it's looking like either LT or LJ will be available plus either Rudi or Edge. My first pick will go towards a RB.

As for Curtis I'm thinking with Linehan they are going back to the run more, at least that's what I read. Not to mention I'm thinking I could get him later in the draft.

I agree, I'll have the second pick overall and it's looking like either LT or LJ will be available plus either Rudi or Edge. My first pick will go towards a RB.

As for Curtis I'm thinking with Linehan they are going back to the run more, at least that's what I read. Not to mention I'm thinking I could get him later in the draft.

Sure if you're not high on Curtis take DIllon. All I'm saying is that you need to let your projections (both for the players and your FF team) make this decision for you. You don't have an obvious choice.

Your roster depresses me....I would keep Jake,Dillon just because you got no one else.

Your roster depresses me....I would keep Jake,Dillon just because you got no one else.

hehe, well thanks for feeling sorry for me, it's a tough league and as I've said, injuries killed me last year. We can't all have top 5 players at every position.

Why do you say that?

He said that because typically passing yardage isn't as valuable as receiving/rushing yardage. Often, passing yardage is about half the value of rushing or receiving yardage...e.g. 1/20 rushing or receiving, 1/40 or 1/50 passing, or 1/10 rushing and receiving and 1/20 passing. That's pretty standard.

I'm betting that QBs are always the top scorers in your league, yes? That's not a criticism, just another way of running a league. But, compared to the 'normal' league, it is QB-heavy.

Sorry you ended up with that last year. Injuries do happen, so hopefully you get a season without any this year.

I think you are on the money keeping Dillon and Jake Delhomme based on your team. It's too bad that you have to keep them though, you're not getting any value for them, but you do have a shot at a decent #1 back from your other post, so that is a positive step for you.

Good Luck!!

He said that because typically passing yardage isn't as valuable as receiving/rushing yardage. Often, passing yardage is about half the value of rushing or receiving yardage...e.g. 1/20 rushing or receiving, 1/40 or 1/50 passing, or 1/10 rushing and receiving and 1/20 passing. That's pretty standard.

I'm betting that QBs are always the top scorers in your league, yes? That's not a criticism, just another way of running a league. But, compared to the 'normal' league, it is QB-heavy.

Wow, I'm actually glad you guys caught that, it was a typo, problem is I set my league up that way as well. It should read 50 pass yrds per point.

Thanks!