Sign in to follow this  
Derno

Best Trade for Reggie Bush

My team:

QB; P Manning, Culpepper, Kitna

RB: Alexander, Caddy, Barlow, M Moore

WR: Fitz, Chambers, A Johnson, D Stallworth

TE: Gates

We start 2RB, 2WR + Flex RB/WR. I have the #1 and #6 picks in the rookie draft too; and since I am not deep at RB, I would prefer to trade and get a known quantity.

Here are my current possibilities to trade the #1 pick in our rookie draft and get in return:

1 - Straight up for Portis and a future #1 or #2 pick

2 - Steven Jackson and the #7 in the rookie draft

3 - Some combination of TO/Marvin & Dillon/J Jones (my preference would be TO/Dillon since the league is TD heavy)

So... how would you prioritize these offers... which one should I pull the trigger on? Leave a link and I will answer yours.

Why not do 1 and 2?

This would give you the following at RB:

Alexander, Caddy, Barlow, M Moore

Portis and S Jackson

You were basically stacked before this, now you are really stacked with 4 1st round RBs!!

Why not do 1 and 2?

This would give you the following at RB:

Alexander, Caddy, Barlow, M Moore

Portis and S Jackson

You were basically stacked before this, now you are really stacked with 4 1st round RBs!!

<blink> Ummm...he can't trade his pick away twice. :cheers:

Why are you wanting to avoid Bush? He's really hyped, yeah, and in redraft leagues, he's *over* hyped. But in keeper leagues, the hype is justified. He's not only extremely talented, he's a talent that everyone who evaluated him in the NFL agreed would translate well into the pros. It's not a question of IF he'll do well, it's just a question of when. And when's the last time McAllister had a great year? He only had a thou and 9 TDs two years ago. His holdout isn't nearly as bad as people were claiming, too. It's progressing, and he'll be in camp soon.

I guess if you really don't like Bush, then I'd go with option #2.

Option 3 is only good if you want to win THIS year, at the expense of your future. I wouldn't touch TO with a ten foot pole in a keeper league, and would have some serious soul searching to do in a redraft league before I grabbed him. A great WR can't do you any good if he pisses off Parcels and sits at home on Sunday. (And he's already started: he told an Atlanta paper the other day that he "really wanted to go to Atlanta". Nice work, bonehead.) Marvin is good, no doubt. Dillon? He's on the wrong side of 30, and they just drafted his replacement. Julius Jones has the problem that his coach likes his backup more than him.

Option 1...so, you don't get a 1st round pick this year in that option? You give the #1 pick to a guy, who then keeps his current pick as well? And you get Portis, plus a pick in the future? Heh, I think Bush is worth more than that, my friend. :banana: At least with option 2, you get a draft pick this year.

But to me, just keeping your pick and grabbing Bush is the better by far.

(Maybe you can go back to the option #1 guy and say you'll give him the #1 pick, but you want his first round pick THIS year, PLUS Portis, PLUS his first round pick NEXT year...that would be worth it...)

you have great nucleus. keep bush and you've got bush and caddy for the next 8 years and SA for the next 2 to 4 years. gates solid. great young corps of receivers with potential. keep bush for the long haul and many championship trophies.

you don't want TO in a dynasty league, he'll be solid this year but he is chemically imbalanced.

If you want a known quantity, then you should go with option 1. Portis is going to be monster this year and many more years to come. But I agree with previous post, try to get another 1st rounder for this year if is is high enough (top 6 maybe). Because the new Bush owner's future #1 might be too low later. :thumbsdown:

OK - I had one more offer tossed out that needs to be flushed out more, but seems legit.

This guy has Deuce, and has offered Kevin Jones or Rudi Johnson plus his #3 pick for the #1 pick and a WR (likely Andre Johnson).

Is that even better than the other offers since I would get a current starter, and with #3 still have a chance at Maroney, Williams, possibly even Addai?