Sign in to follow this  
JOHN 316

Trade away LT ?

Yahoo league. Standard scoring 6pts TD, 1 pt / 10 yards rushing & receiving. We start 2 RB / 2WR / 1W/T and 2 WR/RB.

My roster

RB - LT, JJ, Chris Brown and a couple of backups (Moats, Gado)

WR - Boldin, Mason, Driver, Ma Clayton

I was think of offering LT and Mason for Ronnie Brown, Roy Williams and Marion Barber

Is this a good offer......am I giving up too much ??

I like Ronnie Brown, but I do think giving up LT isn't a good idea here. Right now you're banking on Roy Williams making up for it by having a great year. It COULD happen, but this trade would make more sense if it was an Anquan Boldin type instead who is proven. I say if you are high on Roy then do it, but if not you should use LT to get some better guys.

thanks for answering my post by the way

Yahoo league. Standard scoring 6pts TD, 1 pt / 10 yards rushing & receiving. We start 2 RB / 2WR / 1W/T and 2 WR/RB.

My roster

RB - LT, JJ, Chris Brown and a couple of backups (Moats, Gado)

WR - Boldin, Mason, Driver, Ma Clayton

I was think of offering LT and Mason for Ronnie Brown, Roy Williams and Marion Barber

Is this a good offer......am I giving up too much ??

I'd go a different route. I'm not thrilled with the Julius Jones/Marion Barber situation. I think Parcels loves Barber, and will give him a lot of playing time. I'm also not big on Chris Brown. He's bound to get injured again, and isn't happy being a Titan. That never spells big numbers.

I'd go this route: offer Jones, Chris Brown, and Mason in return for Ronnie Brown and Roy Williams. You're down a RB, yes, but you've got LT and Ronnie Brown now, and your WRs include Boldin, Roy Williams (I'm high on Williams), and Driver. Better yet, offer JJ, Chris Brown, and Mark Clayton. If you can find another mildly productive back to add to your squad, go for it. This is particularly better if Chris Brown gets traded. Grab Henry or LenDale White, and call yourself happy.

The guy who has Barber would LOVE to get Jones, I'm betting. And it'll benefit you to not have both Mason and Mark Clayton on your team.

That's how I'd go.

I wouldn't.

LT is the only sure-fire running back you have and Mason could have a renaissance year with McNair at quarterback.

You're talking about exchanging that for a back who has yet to prove he can handle more than 17 carries, every game. Roy is talented, but he's learning a new complicated offense (Rams and Chiefs didn't light it up in their first years of this particular offense) and his quarterback situation for the future is far from settled. Barber would make a nice cuff but he's not an elite talent.

Trading LT before his career hits some snags would be shrewd, and I couldn't fault someone for doing it, but I don't think this deal is good enough, imo.

I would not give up LT2 for a back that could be great, but hasn't been the only back on his team yet.

Also, I would try to shore up that #2 RB spot. I believe you could get hurt there later in the year with JJ and C. Brown, both of whom I don't think will be the starter by season's end.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the input. I've offered a trade to the Barber owner.

I give: JJ, C.Brown and Ma Clayton

He gives: R.Brown and Roy Williams

He hasn't replied yet, so we'll see where that goes.