Sign in to follow this  
onejayhawk

Will these RB's do it?

I saterted with LJ, but after that it got thin. I have McG, DomDavis, Ron Dayne and Reggie Bush.

Its 12 team flex league with IDP. My WR is Driver, and no QB yet. I kept LJ and Davis and Driver, drafted Reggie in round one, then picked up McG and Dayne in rounds 2 and 3. Assuming that I can get a workable QB next round (Vick, Bulger, Green, Warner, Bledsoe still out there, but 10 picks to go), will this team be able to contend?

J

In all honesty, part of me wants to ask if you're being serious with your question. Assuming you're 100% serious, here's my take.

That's a great set of RBs. Getting LJ, Davis, and McGahee is a great trio. 12 team league and you have 3 of the top 14 rated (based on ADP) RBs????? Come on, that's tremendous. And then to add 2 guys with major upside in Dayne and Bush....both guys who will get some points this year but could be very nice surprises.....well, I'd say you'll be just fine.

However, you had better start stockpiling some WR help. Depending on your roster size, I'd probably stay away from RB the rest of the way.

In all honesty, part of me wants to ask if you're being serious with your question. Assuming you're 100% serious, here's my take.

That's a great set of RBs. Getting LJ, Davis, and McGahee is a great trio. 12 team league and you have 3 of the top 14 rated (based on ADP) RBs????? Come on, that's tremendous. And then to add 2 guys with major upside in Dayne and Bush....both guys who will get some points this year but could be very nice surprises.....well, I'd say you'll be just fine.

However, you had better start stockpiling some WR help. Depending on your roster size, I'd probably stay away from RB the rest of the way.

It was serious, because its a keeper league and the returning champ has LT, Fitz and Peyton. That is pretty typical of returning champs if I am any judge. I also have big reservations about McG.

As to WR's, I only HAVE to have one. I can play RB's at all the flex positions, but I need three flexes.

J

I saterted with LJ, but after that it got thin. I have McG, DomDavis, Ron Dayne and Reggie Bush.

Its 12 team flex league with IDP. My WR is Driver, and no QB yet. I kept LJ and Davis and Driver, drafted Reggie in round one, then picked up McG and Dayne in rounds 2 and 3. Assuming that I can get a workable QB next round (Vick, Bulger, Green, Warner, Bledsoe still out there, but 10 picks to go), will this team be able to contend?

J

First things first: get Vick and Green out of your list of workable QBs. Vick is good if you own a real football team, but he's not good on your fantasy team. I play a lot of fantasy ball, and I've never, never, seen anyone win a league with Vick. Since he came into the league, not once. Trent Green had a couple of good seasons, but he didn't last year, Vermeil is out, and Herm is in...Herm will run the ball, and then he'll run the ball, and then, for a change of pace, he'll run the ball. Green might as well tie his elbows to his sides for all the passing he'll be doing. Bledsoe and Warner are good for this year, but not after. Go for Bulger, definately. He's still pretty young, and has a good passing game.

Okay, sorry about that :lol: Now, RBs...

For a keeper league, you're looking good. In two years, you'll be stomping on everyone with LJ and Bush. What you need is firepower for the present, before Bush takes off. I like Dom Davis, if he can stay healthy. McGahee will get better. He won't be as great as I thought he'd be two years ago, but he'll get better.

Be happy with your RBs, go get Bulger, and then grab a lot of good WRs.

First things first: get Vick and Green out of your list of workable QBs. Vick is good if you own a real football team, but he's not good on your fantasy team. I play a lot of fantasy ball, and I've never, never, seen anyone win a league with Vick. Since he came into the league, not once. Trent Green had a couple of good seasons, but he didn't last year, Vermeil is out, and Herm is in...Herm will run the ball, and then he'll run the ball, and then, for a change of pace, he'll run the ball. Green might as well tie his elbows to his sides for all the passing he'll be doing. Bledsoe and Warner are good for this year, but not after. Go for Bulger, definately. He's still pretty young, and has a good passing game.

Okay, sorry about that :wub: Now, RBs...

For a keeper league, you're looking good. In two years, you'll be stomping on everyone with LJ and Bush. What you need is firepower for the present, before Bush takes off. I like Dom Davis, if he can stay healthy. McGahee will get better. He won't be as great as I thought he'd be two years ago, but he'll get better.

Be happy with your RBs, go get Bulger, and then grab a lot of good WRs.

I was just listing the available QB's in the default queue. Bulger is now gone, and I picked up Lee Evans. I might take Bledsoe and someone like Frye when I get around to QB's. Seven QB's are gone, one team with two. :D

J

I agree with Brother's remarks completely. again another great post by you!

I would try to get Bledsoe for this year, Frye could get hot if B Edwards and Winslow hold up, Kitna could have a great year with that firepower and Martz if he is still available and I am not a big beleiver in K Jones, I would even look for Mat Jones, or Michael Clayton, or B Edwards if they are still around to build up on. I have them in one of my leagues but it is not a keeper but could have upside.

See my post-