Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Very tempting trade offer...

14 team league. I have the 4th pick, but essentially the 5th as LJ is being kept in the 5th round by his owner (shakes fist angrily like old man).

I know everyone agrees that there is a dropoff after the top three, but I'm even less sold on Tiki and Portis than most. If I do keep the pick, I think I'm going to "reach" for Caddy. However, I've been offered the rights to Chester Taylor, who would cost me the 98th pick of the draft to keep (then, if I so desire, he could be kept next season for whatever 5th round slot I'm in), to move down to the last spot of the first round. I'm definitely excited about Taylor's potential. A good o-line that got even better in the offseason + the chance of having a primary ballcarrier with Tice gone pretty much means that he doesn't even have to be great to put up great stats, just good enough to beat out Moore and Fason.

If I'm lucky, one of the guys I'm high on in the middle of the first (Brown, Dom Davis) may drop to the 14th. I've even seen Caddy going that low in mocks. What say you?

Well, I *do* like Portis this year (first time I've said that since he left Denver). Redskins offense did well last year, and that was before whats-his-nuts from KC took over the offensive coordinator spot. Better WRs, too. I'd go with Portis.

Sounds like you're high on Taylor, which I'm really not. Not that he's terrible. He's not a stud, but he's okay. Problem is just the Vikes offense. New head coach, same old (OLD) QB, nothing much to speak of at WR (I don't know why people are so big on Ko-Ro)...if I'm playing the Vikes, I stack the line of scrimmage and let the flakes and old dudes they have at WR go one-on-one.

I would seriously doubt that someone to make it worth your while would drop to the 14th pick...I really don't think you can get the same value from a 14th pick and Taylor as you can with the 4th(5th) pick.

So essentially, all you're giving up is the 4th pick in the 1st round for the 14th pick in the 1st round? If you're not planning on taking Clinton or Tiki with that pick then........

Do it before he changes his mind! :banana:

Out of this you're basically switching 1st round picks and getting a decent #2 RB for your 7th rounder. I'm pretty high on Portis this year, but even if you kept the 4th pick, since LJ is being kept Clinton could/should go #3. That leaves Tiki, and the fact that you'd rather reach for Caddy anyway makes this a perfect situation for you and gives you plenty of drafting options for the later rounds.

I doubt Caddy will drop to you at 14, although you never know. Most likely, DD, Westy or Willis. Here's the cool part though! Lets assume you get your other starting RB at the end of the 1st. Since at that point you've got your 2 starting RBs, in rounds 2-6 you now have the opportunity to focus on getting a couple top notch WRs and taking some high risk/reward guys like Foster, Bell, Benson, Palmer or Culpepper.

Honestly, if I knew I would get Clinton at #4, I might stay put. But since that isn't for sure, I'd do the deal. :thumbsdown:

Barber will be off the board. The guy picking #2 is a NY homer. I'm not high on Portis at the #4, but I still think he's a garuntee to put up decent stats, not the case for whomever I'm getting at 14. Plus I'm a bit worried about Alstott stealing Caddy's TD's.

What's really making me think about pulling the trigger is the off chance Alexander or LT is available there. The guy picking third had Portis last season, so there may be some kind of loyalty there.

That's a tough call man. 10 spots in the first round is a LONG way to go. You're essentially passing on Portis, Edge, SJax, Jordan, Tiki, Caddy, Brown. You're going to get stuck with a 3rd tier back as your #1 back. Taylor MIGHT be an ok #2 back, but I think it's a high price to pay.

If I were you I'd offer the 4th pick for Taylor, his 14th, and switch draft spots in the 2nd round. Then you can get 3 solid backs in case 1 doesn't pan out.

Mine

Yes, you could get Caddy at 14, but not likely, IMO. I don't see the value in taking Caddy at 4, and with Tiki going #2, you get either SA, LT2 or Portis? I would much rather have that than C. Taylor and a WR (because not much will be left at RB at that point IMO).

Good Luck!!