Sign in to follow this  
hairhelmet2k3

Salary Cap Dynasty League setup questions...

figured I'd try my luck over here on das help bored... here's my original message, if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate em...

I've got a question for all you salary cap league people out there... we're in the 2nd year of a dynasty league... last year we used actual cap impact numbers (which were slightly out of date) and had a $35 million dollar cap, with team defenses at 10% of the total value of the starters to keep them in line with the other salaries... it seemed to work ok, but this year we're trying to change it over, one of the ideas put forth was to use average auction values. How do any of you out there handle dynasty/salary cap leagues? the problem is, under the cap, I had a killer team last year (SA, LJ, CJ, Steve Smith, Gonzo) and while we're still working out the details, it looks like I might be screwed if we just use random AAV's from some site. Plus, it's not a redraft auction league, which begs the question why we're trying to use AAV's. I'm just trying to find out from people with similar league setups how they come up with salary cap values? anybody out there help me out?

thanks

We use position minimums at each spot. For example:

QB - $2.0MM

RB - $1.5MM

WR - $1.5MM

TE - $1.0MM

K - $1.0MM

D - $5.0MM

You keep all of your players (you can drop players you don't want) and then we have the option to go after players in the free agency period, which is between the end of the season and the rookie draft. For example:

You have P. Manning at $2MM. I can offer $4MM for him for next year. You can either match the offer or let me have Manning for $4MM. Keep in mind that you have to stay under the cap. Also, our cap rolls over from year to year, so if you started this year at $35MM cap, and say your team was worth only $30MM based on the above stats for each position, you would start this year at $40MM and could spend that on your team for the year. Once the opening game of the season starts, you pay your players their salary for the season. We have a 5 round draft each year to pick up rookies and other available players who were dropped into the draft (after that you can still pick up if you need to to fill your roster).

Hope this helps.