Sign in to follow this  
DaddyDC650

Need some trade help.....

I was offered Tiki Barber & Julius Jones for Da Caddy & Randy Mcmichael. I was also offered Tiki Barber str8 up for Ronnie Brown. I honestly think that Ronnie Brown and da Caddy will be top 10 rb's this year and that Tiki is getting up there in age and that Jacobs will be taking away a lot more carries especially at the goal line. Jones might be injury prone and I heard that he will be sharing carries with M. Barber III. Any thoughts??

Tiki for Ronnie is possible, but it would be foolish to trade Tiki and JJ for a Caddy and a tight end

Tiki for Ronnie is possible, but it would be foolish to trade Tiki and JJ for a Caddy and a tight end

So if I traded away Caddy and Mcmichael for Tiki and Jones I would be getting the better end of the deal right?

I was offered the same trade and I took Tiki. I would highly recommend that you post these type questions to the "Wildman Wednesday Session" at the top of this message board. He responds quickly with great, fact-driven advice. Here is what he said that sold me on accepting the trade:

I'd much rather have Tiki Barber. I know it's a keeper league, but I think you're taking a very long term approach. This is a fallacy of many dynasty/keeper league owners. Making transactions with an eye towards the long term is okay, but don't get too enamored with building a team that you hope will be great every year for years to come because the problem can be taking too many players that are unproven while giving up players that seem to get it done every year. Barber should be nearly as good this year as he was last. I look at this straight up trade as a trade down for you. If you offer Barber he should still command more than just a 2nd year back with great potential in return.

Keep in mind that there was confusion and he thought I was wanting to trade Tiki for Ronnie, which is why it is worded critically at the end. However, you get the point as to why trading for Tiki could be a benefit. Also, it's important to note that I am in a point per reception league and have Lamont Jordan as my 2nd back. Therefore, even if Tiki retires or loses steam next year, I can build on Lamont.

Your getting the better end of the deal unless you are in a keeper leagus. Tiki said he might retire at years end.