Sign in to follow this  
DaddyDC650

Which rb is better?

I have the opportunity to land Tiki Barber if I choose to give up Ronnie Brown but I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do. Tiki is getting older and Brandon Jacobs seems to be slowly taking over the primary rb role for the NY Giants. Ronnie Brown has tons of potential now that he's not sharing carries with the pothead and he also has Dante as his qb. It's a NO ppr/NO keeper league btw. Any thoughts???

You have a team that could make a run now, so I would do it for this year. But remember, Tiki is already talking about retirement.

Tiki is better (than Brown) right now, and we don't necessarily know what Brown will do this year. This could be his big year, and it might be worth waiting for that to happen. You would really kick yourself if you pull the trigger and then Brown has a huge year!! So, since it is keeper league, I would probably stay with what I've got.

Good Luck!!

You have a team that could make a run now, so I would do it for this year. But remember, Tiki is already talking about retirement.

Tiki is better (than Brown) right now, and we don't necessarily know what Brown will do this year. This could be his big year, and it might be worth waiting for that to happen. You would really kick yourself if you pull the trigger and then Brown has a huge year!! So, since it is keeper league, I would probably stay with what I've got.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the reply but I want to note that I'm NOT in a keeper league. Thanks again. Any more suggestions?

Get with Tiki. easy choice. Jacobs is still far away. the rankings on the front page have Tiki at #4 and Brown at #9.

I'd keep brown.

I'm not as high on Tiki because I think given his size and age, he is more likely to wear down and get injured over the course of the season.

I think Brown will have a big year this year.

last year he played basically with no QB and put up good numbers on a team that was running against defenses who were stacking the box due to the lack of a passing game.

the arrival of Culpepper will open up the running game and I expect his numbers will be a lot better.

Agreed there is always some risk to taking a young player, but he got nearly 1000 yards last year and shared carries with Ricky Williams. projected over a full season I think his numbers arent that much worse than Tiki's.

He aint your regular young player.

Keep him!!!

According to your sig you already have Tiki on your team, so I'm a little confused here, but I'd say if that's your team keep it! If you already traded Brown for Barber, I think it's a good move since it's not a keeper league. This year IMHO Tiki>Brown, but naturally Brown's the choice for the future...

Thank you for the replies. I accepted the "Tiki 4 Ronnie" proposal about 2 days ago. I'm glad you guys think I made the right choice. Thanks again folks.

definately tiki, ronnie may have more upside but in a redraft, tiki is the man this yr. you know what your goinna get

id go with Brown

as you say, Jacobs will cut into Tikis value where there is nobody taking from Brown

Tiki would be the lock if this was ppr but as it is not id go with Brown

id go with Brown

as you say, Jacobs will cut into Tikis value where there is nobody taking from Brown

Tiki would be the lock if this was ppr but as it is not id go with Brown

^

I totally agree.

Plus, I think Tiki had what was (and will be) the best season of his career last season. I dont think there is a lot more upside there.

Ronnie Brown has barely touched the tip of the iceberg in terms of what he can do.

I expect big things from him this year.