Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

help in keeper league

My keepers are LT, Donovan McNabb, and Kurt Warner. (we are allowed to keep only 3 from 1 year to the next)

we start 2 RB's 2 QB's 3 WR's 1 TE, 1 Kicker, and 1 Defense.

with first overall pick, my best options appear to be:

for RBs:

Julius Jones

Joseph Addai

Willis McGahee

Reggie Bush

Kevin Jones

For QB's

Bulger

Eli Manning

Culpepper

For WR's

Moss

Driver

Boldin

I'm leaning toward taking a RB because I wont get another good shot at a RB later

but I'm not too keen on Julius Jones (due to his risk of injury) and there are risks with all the others.

Reggie Bush and Addai are tempting and if they turn into top notch RB's I'd have a duo of RB's (along with LT) who will make my team very tough for years to come.

Advice would certainly be welcome.

PS. its a 10 team league.

Why are you keeping Warner?

But I'd go with Moss or Willis

But if you get to keep your pick Bush wouldn't be a bad one ethier.

1.Moss

2.Willis

3.Bush

i'm going a riskier route...

KJ or Boldin...

both are young, both have huge potential for this year and future years...

Boldin missed 2 games and still had over 100 catches, and finished #8 WR overall...

KJ was a dud last year, but has a new HC and OC, and a whole new system around him. The kid was a stud in college, and had flashes of brilliance before Mooch killed him...

I'm also perplexed by keeping Warner. It would be nice to see the rest of your team so that we can weigh the overall ad vs. disad of picks, but I'd say either snag McGahee, who is still young and has upside despite being on a poor team, or Bush who could be big, especially in a PPR league. Moss is tempting, but I'd go with RBs as pickings seem slimmer there, and I'm sure you'll be able to choose a servicable one later on...

well, that is all of my team. had a couple of retirees/injuries. (ahman green and priest specifically)

3 keepers only. I dont have the option to change my mind on keepers as the deadline to declare them is long gone.

keeping warner was the plan only because at the time another team decided to leave ronnie Brown unprotected.

At the time, the plan was to keep Warner instead of KJ, Take Ronnie Brown. but the guy changed his mind just before the deadline and I was out of town and unable to adjust my keepers in time. Otherwise I woulda kept kevin Jones.

I kinda got burned there.

however it's worth noting that QB's are more valueable in this league because each team STARTS 2 QB's and should have a decent QB as a backup. As such, all the starting QB's and most of the good backups are on someones roster all year long.

some teams will draft 4 or 5 QB's so that other teams cant even have a backup QB.

Either way, I was considering Reggie Bush because I can use him as a keeper for future years. Moss is tempting too.... but I have questions about his durability.

skeptical on Addai that high, Bush i wouldn't have such a problem with though

imagine your team having LT and Bush for years to come

i think you almost have to commit ASAP to a 3rd RB doing this though as Bush may not have as big a role as you would like out of a RB2

id stay away from either Jones with the #1, i like Keving better but not that much

Boldin is your next best bet IMO

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=218845

skeptical on Addai that high, Bush i wouldn't have such a problem with though

imagine your team having LT and Bush for years to come

i think you almost have to commit ASAP to a 3rd RB doing this though as Bush may not have as big a role as you would like out of a RB2

id stay away from either Jones with the #1, i like Keving better but not that much

Boldin is your next best bet IMO

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=218845

I would have to say no brainer with Reggie Bush, only because of your circumstances. In a keeper league, it can be VERY beneficial to get a rookie and just hope he explodes (hence LJ). I say Reggie for sure.

well, what is the scouting report.

Is McAllister having a decent camp?

I heard he had some swelling in the knee.

so depending on how bad it is... bush may get more playing time than initially thought.

guys, just as an FYI:

in the end my team ended up okay. a little weak at receiver... but there is potential.

feel free to rate it if you like

RB

LT(keeper)

Reggie Bush (#1 overall)

Julius Jones (2nd round)

QB

Donovan McNabb(keeper)

Kurt Warner(keeper)

John Kitna (7th round)

Alex Smith

WR

Reggie Wayne(3rd round)