Sign in to follow this  
seh2000

Question for Mike

Mike,

When new projections are downloaded, you always note your changes as a D (down) or U (up). Some may be obvious, but do you ever attach a note to that cell as to the reasoning for the change?

Just a thought, if you think it's valid try it for next year if this year doesn't make it.

Thanks.

We would love to expand our projections and rankings to have comments for all players, but unfortunately we don't have the resources quite yet to do that. We are getting there though as we've already made big strides this year splitting up the work better. Great suggestion. We will see what we can do to achieve this in the future.

Will the RB load article by San Nicolas affect ranking in the upcoming projections? I notice that Tiki is still (way) ahead of Portis in my scoring scheme.

Will the RB load article by San Nicolas affect ranking in the upcoming projections? I notice that Tiki is still (way) ahead of Portis in my scoring scheme.

I'm sure Mike Krueger will take the arguments set out by Tony in his article under consideration, but really they are two separate people's lines of thought.

Mike I like this Idea also....even some upgrade or downgrade are obvios to most....Injury or wahtever....some are not so obvious....like waht someone sees in camp or whatever...I like to think I am up on most of the player news there is alot I miss....its a good suggestion and one I would like to see

Something else I would like to see is under the by team tab....Instead of one color....Purple can we color code each position....its minor I know....and also on the cheatsheet pages can we add another color for a 4th and maybe a 5th position??? instead of just 3

It's too bad that the U / D only shows up on the 100% FFToday projection. I mean, I understand why, because if you're using a combo allocation (I do 50% FFToday, 50% Site B ), then it doesn't really know whether someone dropped. Knowing that, though, it's still nice to have a record of which players have gone up or down.

In fact, you know what, I'm going to edit the formulas in mine so that they show up no matter what the allocation.

Plus, then I can use the change column as a two-character note feature (maybe put a + if it's someone I want to draft, or a - if it's someone that I would rather avoid).

I have a question for Mike or 2 questions

1. What are OVERALL RANKINGS / CUSTOM BASELINES?

2. What are AVERAGE PROJECTIONS / ALLOCATION KEYS?

I'm not Mike, but I can help with that.

The OVERALL RANKINGS / CUSTOM BASELINES section of the setup tab is for changing either the overall ranking method (in the drop-down box) or changing the baselines themselves (the baseline adjust factor). Unless your rankings look out of whack, you shouldn't have to change either of these. The Compiler Recommended ranking method works very good for most drafts, while the Last Player Drafted ranking method is better at giving dollar amounts for auctions.

The AVERAGE PROJECTIONS / ALLOCATIONS KEYS section of the setup tab is for telling the compiler how to figure out its projections. Unless you have entered projections into Site B or Site C, FF Today 100% is probably the only one you should use. FF Today 100% means that the only projections used to decide how many points each player will score are the FF Today projections built into the compiler.

I'm not Mike, but I can help with that.

The OVERALL RANKINGS / CUSTOM BASELINES section of the setup tab is for changing either the overall ranking method (in the drop-down box) or changing the baselines themselves (the baseline adjust factor). Unless your rankings look out of whack, you shouldn't have to change either of these. The Compiler Recommended ranking method works very good for most drafts, while the Last Player Drafted ranking method is better at giving dollar amounts for auctions.

The AVERAGE PROJECTIONS / ALLOCATIONS KEYS section of the setup tab is for telling the compiler how to figure out its projections. Unless you have entered projections into Site B or Site C, FF Today 100% is probably the only one you should use. FF Today 100% means that the only projections used to decide how many points each player will score are the FF Today projections built into the compiler.

You are much more concise than me <_<