Sign in to follow this  
Bassgroover76

4th pick

So i am getting the 4th pick this year and i am torn between these two. Both are a huge part of their offenses, I was wondering who everyone would pick for their fourth pick if you had to choose one of the two and why. Let it rip!

6 points for throwing rec., or running tds, 1 point per 10 and 1 pt. per 25 passing

I think if you don't get PPR, I'd go with Portis. Brandon Jacobs is still a factor at the goal line and Tiki's getting on in years; chances are that he'll probably be fine this season but I'd hate to spend a 1st round pick on an RB to have it be the year he starts breaking down. Portis is clearly the full-time option in Washington and Gibbs loves to pound the rock...

I think if you don't get PPR, I'd go with Portis. Brandon Jacobs is still a factor at the goal line and Tiki's getting on in years; chances are that he'll probably be fine this season but I'd hate to spend a 1st round pick on an RB to have it be the year he starts breaking down. Portis is clearly the full-time option in Washington and Gibbs loves to pound the rock...

I have the same issue at #4, Tiki or Portis. Our league gives 1 pt per rec so I was leaning towards Tiki but now there are reports out of DC that they are going to be throwing the ball to Portis more. That's the Al Saunders effect I guess. My concern with Tiki is he had a HUGE year in 05, don't think he can repeat those numbers. Plus, Porti is the MAN in DC. Might have to go with Portis

I have the same issue at #4, Tiki or Portis. Our league gives 1 pt per rec so I was leaning towards Tiki but now there are reports out of DC that they are going to be throwing the ball to Portis more. That's the Al Saunders effect I guess. My concern with Tiki is he had a HUGE year in 05, don't think he can repeat those numbers. Plus, Porti is the MAN in DC. Might have to go with Portis

Tough call between Tiki and Portis ......... maybe you should look at Manning if you get 6pt./TD for QB's

Tough call between Tiki and Portis ......... maybe you should look at Manning if you get 6pt./TD for QB's

This is the dilemma I am in. We DO get 6/pts per TD for QBs, and the Compiler has the following Top 10:

Larry Johnson

Shaun Alexander

LaDainian Tomlinson

Peyton Manning

Tiki Barber

Steven Jackson

LaMont Jordan

Rudi Johnson

Clinton Portis

Ronnie Brown

4th is a TOUGH call this year. . .

Never, ever, do you take Manning, or any quarterback for that matter that high in a draft.

I'd look to stay away from Tiki. Jacobs scares me a little bit this year and I don't like the fact that Tiki's talking about retirement. I have the #5 pick in my draft and I'm deciding between Portis and S. Jackson. My decision might be made for me depending on who goes at #4.

Anyway, I think your decision is easy if you're deciding between those 2 guys. Take Portis.