Sign in to follow this  
capmeo

6th pick in a 12 team redraft

Scoring- 4 pts pass TD/6 pt rush-rec/1 pt every 10 yrds rush-rec/1 PPR

With the 6th pick, who would you target and in what order?

Tiki

L.Jordan

R.Brown

S.Jackson

E.James

R.Johnson

C.Williams

Also, what would you target in the 2nd round?

A WR or RB

Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing Tiki will be gone at least, but here's the order I'd pick them:

Tiki

S Jax

R Brown

L Jordan

R Johnson

E James

C Williams

In the 2nd round, I'd go with the best available RB. Although I'd be cautious with injury risks like D Davis or Westbrook, if they're your options then I might go WR. I drafted today and had the first pick (S Alexander) in a 10 team league, and was still able to pick up R Brown in the 2nd round, and then J Jones in the 3rd.

Good luck, please see mine thanks!

I guess it depends on how risk averse you are. If you want consistency I would go Jordan because he will be in a power running game offense and will get guarantee touches. Also if Oakland is playing from behind, Jordan can still catch passes out of the backfield. If you want the potential homerun power I would go Ronnie Brown. I think his upside potential is greater than Jordan. I really think he is going to explode this year because of the possible explosiveness of that offense under Culpepper. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

In order Portis, Brown, Tiki, Edge, Jordan since this is ppr.

J

Portis, Clinton

Jordan, LaMont

James, Edgerrin

Barber, Tiki

in that order. 2nd round 14th overall pick look at wr unless these Rbs are available:

Jackson, Steven

Brown, Ronnie

Johnson, Rudi

Williams, Cadillac

the next tier goes from mcgahee all the way to ahman green, full of RBBC, injury risks, starters getting replaced, starters who suck.

Great input. I do appreciate it.

I was leaning toward Ronnie Brown also, however with 1 PPR, I starting to think about L.Jordan, I believe I saw a stat where he caught something like (70) catches last year. I do feel strong about Brown though and believe he could really break out. I do not see him being available 2nd round.

I'm in the exact same spot - 6th pick in a 12 team redraft. Here's my take

Portis - will be gone. I've seen him ranked 4th RB quite a bit and a 'skins fan is in the 4 hole.

Rudi - guy picking 5th already said he was passing on Tiki and possibly targeting Rudi

Tiki - Too many carries over the last 2 years (300+ both years), wrong side of 31.

Edge - the Cardinals O-line sucks bad

Which leaves me with trying to decide between Jackson and Brown. If I trade down Brown will be gone by 9 ('phins fan is in the 9 hole). I've read very good things about Jackson's role this year. I'm just going to keep a close eye between those two. I think Jordan and Williams are below both of those guys.

As for the 2nd round, I'm at a toss up there too. I'm leaning WR, depending on who's available.

I'm in the exact same spot - 6th pick in a 12 team redraft. Here's my take

Portis - will be gone. I've seen him ranked 4th RB quite a bit and a 'skins fan is in the 4 hole.

Rudi - guy picking 5th already said he was passing on Tiki and possibly targeting Rudi

Tiki - Too many carries over the last 2 years (300+ both years), wrong side of 31.

Edge - the Cardinals O-line sucks bad

Which leaves me with trying to decide between Jackson and Brown. If I trade down Brown will be gone by 9 ('phins fan is in the 9 hole). I've read very good things about Jackson's role this year. I'm just going to keep a close eye between those two. I think Jordan and Williams are below both of those guys.

As for the 2nd round, I'm at a toss up there too. I'm leaning WR, depending on who's available.

Cowboysfan,

Would you take Rudi if he fell to you?

Also is your league a PPR league? That is the only thing making me consider L.Jordan, but maybe I am putting too much emphasis on PPR.

Thanks

No, we're not a PPR league. I had Rudi 2 years ago and his lack of receiving yards hurt considering most of those other guys get a fair amount.

The more I research this, I like Ronnie Brown more and more. If you look at Miami's SOS against the run this year, it is one of the best in the league. They have some stability at QB this year which also helps, he could be prime for a breakout year worthy of a #6 pick.

You must be reading the exact same stuff that I am. Unless something changes between now and our draft, I'll take Brown. If he's gone, I'll take Jackson.

i'm also @ #6 in a 12 team, redraft, non ppr. picking #6 in a 12 teamer means your #2 pick is #19 overall. the tier 1 backs are gone. you will be looking @ k. jones, j. jones, fwp, jamal, c. taylor, droughns, dillon. wr's should be c. johnson, fitz, r.moss, marvin, anquan, chambers, wayne.

head to head, i like the wr options better & if there were an equal # of the same quality rb's left as wr's, i'd go wr here in the 2nd. however, decent rb's will soon drop off the face of the earth. good wr's can be had. right now, i'm leaning toward taylor or dillon as my 2nd pick, depending on what happens between now & 8/26, my draft.

by the way, as the @6 pick, i'm in a stuper going s-jax/brown, brown/s-jax. i wish something would happen to break this tie in my mind before the whole damn thing breaks my mind.

cowboysfan, when do you draft? if it's before the 26th, please post your team & i'll just submit your list to my commish. then i can drink more beer & not get a headache staring at this tube.

larrymcirish, we draft on the 30th. Too bad I can't help you out. Instead, I'll have you send me your team list and I'll just enter it in as I'm the commish in my league.

I think if you go WR #19, you'll still be able to get a quality RB in the 3rd. In my league based on trends over the past 3 years (yes, as commish I keep good records of who drafted what, each year, etc.), the guys at the end of the 2nd, start of 3rd begin taking WRs and a few QBs. Only a handful of RBs seem to go in the 3rd in our league (you know your guys and their trends, so your league may vary). I'm counting on picks before me taking Steve Smith and Chad Johnson at the least. I plan on getting either Harrison, Holt, or Fitzgerald at #19. In the 3rd, I'll try to snag either J or K Jones. I'll probably go back to WR picks in the 4th & 5th, grab a RB in the 6th and still get a decent QB in the 7th. At least that's my plan for the time being.