Sign in to follow this  
fucrew

Chad Johnson or Marvin Harrison for Keeper league

I have Peyton Manning as my QB locked up for 3 more years. Do i draft Marvin with his age or Chad with the team issues. I've asked this before....i'm leaning towards Chad even with the team issues, but today i read that the bengals have a really tough schedule and also play teams with really good DB's. Plus with Carson being a question mark....i may talk myself into taking Marvin and have the QB-WR combo.

I could also draft Tiki Barber, but from my other post, i hear he might retire, which isn't good news for a keeper league. I already have Portis and Julius Jones.

My keeper league is set up a bit differently from most.....we sign players to multi year contracts. so if they start sucking, retire, get hurt..etc...then you are screwed because you are stuck with them. Many of the other good players are already under multi year contracts, so the best is what i'm already telling you.

I would take CJ if I were in your position. Reason #1 is Marvins age. While still undoubtedly a top wideout in the highest powered offense in the league, the emergence of Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, and Dalls Clark in the passing game have given Manning more options, especially with D's focusing on Marvin most of the time. Reason #2 is the fact that CJ is the first, second, and third option for Palmer who I only see continuing to improve despite injuries. Palmer-to-CJ is the next Peyton-to-Marvin and you could definitely benefit from having Manning AND CJ racking up TD's for you every week for their respective teams.

I would take CJ if I were in your position. Reason #1 is Marvins age. While still undoubtedly a top wideout in the highest powered offense in the league, the emergence of Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, and Dalls Clark in the passing game have given Manning more options, especially with D's focusing on Marvin most of the time. Reason #2 is the fact that CJ is the first, second, and third option for Palmer who I only see continuing to improve despite injuries. Palmer-to-CJ is the next Peyton-to-Marvin and you could definitely benefit from having Manning AND CJ racking up TD's for you every week for their respective teams.

Take CJ. He was just fine even before Palmer got there.

gotta give Johnson the nod if for no reason other than age. both players put up similar numbers right now but in a year or two that might not be the case with all the options Manning has. Housh is the only one thats going to suffer with Palmer out. Johnson will be Wright's only real option.

Chad Johnson for sure! Marvin is awesome but is gonna start winding down, where Johnson is just winding up!