Sign in to follow this  
redskin777

Pick #12 and #13?

Non Keeper league....should i go with WR 2x, then get the rbs later....

I would try for Cadillac and S Smith/Holt.

Seeing some mock drafts, if you wait, you will be left with Dillon/Foster/Dunn as #1RB - and thats not too good. . .

Non Keeper league....should i go with WR 2x, then get the rbs later....

Not unless you plan to trade a WR for a RB. RBs are too valuable...you need to take at least one.

I would try for Cadillac and S Smith/Holt.

Seeing some mock drafts, if you wait, you will be left with Dillon/Foster/Dunn as #1RB - and thats not too good. . .

I agree with this post. In fact, it may take someone ahead of you taking Payton or Smith in order for you to get a Caddy type. The rb's drop after this first group. You might even think about 2 rb's because there will be more decent wr's than rb's in later rounds.

I see 11 RBs worthy of a 1st round pick (in no particular order):

LT

LJ

SA

Portis

Barber

Jackson

Caddy

James

R. Brown

Jordon

Rudi

MAYBE you could make a case for Westbrook.

If those 11 are gone, I'd probably go for Manning and either Westbrook or Steve Smith (or whoever you have as your top rated WR). The next group of RBs aren't much better than what you'd get in the 3rd/4th.

MAYBE you could make a case for Westbrook.

I think you HAVE to take a HEALTHY Westbrook here at the 12/13 spot along with S Smith/Holt. Otherwise, you will be HURTING because I may out produce your #1 RB when you have to choose from what is left.

Some mock drafts I have seen for 12 team leagues have 31 (!) RBs going in the first 3 rounds - that is almost ALL of them. And there are prob only a dozen that have more than a 60% chance of being the "go-to" guy.

I see 11 RBs worthy of a 1st round pick (in no particular order):

LT

LJ

SA

Portis

Barber

Jackson

Caddy

James

R. Brown

Jordon

Rudi

:bandana:

Not unless you plan to trade a WR for a RB. RBs are too valuable...you need to take at least one.

I agree with the 2 RB's instead of the 1 WR. I'm in the same position - 12 & 13 and I think I'm looking at taking Caddy/Westbrook and McGahee. I figure that I am going to get McGahee who will get all of the carries even though he is in a bad offense along with Caddy who may lose carries at the goal line, but could be a star otherwise. Kind of balances out. I am more scared to get Caddy and Westbrook because both have some questions on durability and I think McGahee is solid.

I say screw that....to picking RB/RB. Please. Someone ahead of you picks a top 10 RB, you get leftovers for your first pick anyway, so a mediocre RB. Then you take another mediocre RB (if your lucky) and the guys on the way up get a top 10 WR. So, they have a top 10 RB and a top 10 WR; you have two mediocre RB's at best. They'll put up more points and you'll be so, so. With last pick, take the player that's gonna put up the most points.

I'd much rather have a mediocre RB, great WR and maybe another great WR in the 3rd and a poor RB in the 4th than have a 4 mediocre players. Unless you luck out and get 2 exceptional RBs, it's been my experience that the teams winning their championships have multiple top tier players. No way that would happen drafting 2 RB's at 12/13 and ending up with Muhammed or Reggie Brown as your #1 WR.

Give me McGahee, Westbrook, Parker, C Taylor and L Fitzgerald, Owens, Smith, Harrison over a combo of McGahee and Parker and day. However, McGahee and Westbrook or C Taylor may not be so bad.

I say screw that....to picking RB/RB. Please. Someone ahead of you picks a top 10 RB, you get leftovers for your first pick anyway, so a mediocre RB. Then you take another mediocre RB (if your lucky) and the guys on the way up get a top 10 WR. So, they have a top 10 RB and a top 10 WR; you have two mediocre RB's at best. They'll put up more points and you'll be so, so. With last pick, take the player that's gonna put up the most points.

I'd much rather have a mediocre RB, great WR and maybe another great WR in the 3rd and a poor RB in the 4th than have a 4 mediocre players. Unless you luck out and get 2 exceptional RBs, it's been my experience that the teams winning their championships have multiple top tier players. No way that would happen drafting 2 RB's at 12/13 and ending up with Muhammed or Reggie Brown as your #1 WR.

Give me McGahee, Westbrook, Parker, C Taylor and L Fitzgerald, Owens, Smith, Harrison over a combo of McGahee and Parker and day. However, McGahee and Westbrook or C Taylor may not be so bad.

Not sure if I understand you or not. Are you saying that Muhammad or Reggie Brown would be your number 1 receiver if you drafted 2 rb's first?

I just went to the most recent mock draft which is going on right now and the 12th pick in the first round ended up with Caddy, Westbrook and Reggie Wayne through 3. Look at all of those receivers still available in the 4th - Driver, Javon Walker, Roy Williams, Darrell Jackson. Plaxico often falls to the 4th as well.

Here is the mock I'm talking about. It is a little sloppy, but you can see the players.

Round 4

Pick Overall FS Rnk* Manager Player

1 37 41 blue balls Williams, Roy (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, DET)

2 38 34 Matt Hasselbeck Jackson, Darrell (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, SEA)

3 39 35 lickemloin Brady, Tom (QB, NE)

4 40 58 robot727 Mason, Derrick (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, BAL)

5 41 36 imjeffwismer Dunn, Warrick (RB,RB/WR, ATL)

6 42 46 doa Driver, Donald (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, GB)

7 43 51 WhyNot Walker, Javon (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, DEN)

8 44 55 Stinkerbombs Hasselbeck, Matt (QB, SEA)

9 45 38 shane Shockey, Jeremy (TE,WR/TE, NYG)

10 46 42 Lofa Tatupu Palmer, Carson (QB, CIN)

11 47 43 Marcus Trufant Bush, Reggie (RB,RB/WR, NO)

Round 3

1 25 32 fantasy mike 18 Lewis, Jamal (RB,RB/WR, BAL)

2 26 21 Marcus Trufant Moss, Randy (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, OAK)

3 27 23 Lofa Tatupu Boldin, Anquan (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, ARI)

4 28 29 shane Droughns, Reuben (RB,RB/WR, CLE)

5 29 39 Stinkerbombs Moss, Santana (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, WAS)

6 30 33 WhyNot Jones, Kevin (RB,RB/WR, DET)

7 31 28 doa Taylor, Chester (RB,RB/WR, MIN)

8 32 25 imjeffwismer Gates, Antonio (TE,WR/TE, SD)

9 33 30 robot727 Ward, Hines (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, PIT)

10 34 37 lickemloin Burress, Plaxico (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, NYG)

11 35 26 Matt Hasselbeck Jones, Julius (RB,RB/WR, DAL)

12 36 31 blue balls Wayne, Reggie (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, IND)

Round 2

1 13 19 blue balls Westbrook, Brian (RB,RB/WR, PHI)

2 14 15 Matt Hasselbeck Smith, Steve (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, CAR)

3 15 12 lickemloin Davis, Domanick (RB,RB/WR, HOU)

4 16 24 robot727 Parker, Willie (RB,RB/WR, PIT)

5 17 14 imjeffwismer McGahee, Willis (RB,RB/WR, BUF)

6 18 18 doa Owens, Terrell (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, DAL)

7 19 16 WhyNot Johnson, Chad (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, CIN)

8 20 40 Stinkerbombs Dillon, Corey (RB,RB/WR, NE)

9 21 27 shane Chambers, Chris (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, MIA)

10 22 17 Lofa Tatupu Holt, Torry (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, STL)

11 23 20 Marcus Trufant Harrison, Marvin (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, IND)

12 24 22 fantasy mike 18 Fitzgerald, Larry (WR,RB/WR,WR/TE, ARI)

Round 1

1 1 2 fantasy mike 18 Alexander, Shaun (RB,RB/WR, SEA)

2 2 1 Marcus Trufant Johnson, Larry (RB,RB/WR, KC)

3 3 3 Lofa Tatupu Tomlinson, LaDainian (RB,RB/WR, SD)

4 4 5 shane Portis, Clinton (RB,RB/WR, WAS)

5 5 8 Stinkerbombs Brown, Ronnie (RB,RB/WR, MIA)

6 6 4 WhyNot Barber, Tiki (RB,RB/WR, NYG)

7 7 9 doa Jackson, Steven (RB,RB/WR, STL)

8 8 11 imjeffwismer Manning, Peyton (QB, IND)

9 9 7 robot727 Jordan, LaMont (RB,RB/WR, OAK)

10 10 6 lickemloin James, Edgerrin (RB,RB/WR, ARI)

11 11 13 Matt Hasselbeck Johnson, Rudi (RB,RB/WR, CIN)

12 12 10 blue balls Williams, Carnell (RB,RB/WR, TB)