Sign in to follow this  
tmoney1224

5th, 6th or 7th Pick

9 team non-keeper leage, ppr. I've got my eye on both Lamont Jordan and Clinton Portis and would really like to pick up both. I have a choice of the 5th 6th or 7th pick in the draft. What would you choose?

9 team non-keeper leage, ppr. I've got my eye on both Lamont Jordan and Clinton Portis and would really like to pick up both. I have a choice of the 5th 6th or 7th pick in the draft. What would you choose?

probably 6th so u can take Jordan... Portis will go 4th

9 teams? How does schedueling work?

Big3 then Portis then Tiki so if you want a guaranteed shot at Lamont, take #6.

If you think there is a VERY good chance Lamont slides, take #7 since the 2nd round is KEY this year, IMO, and your pick will come sooner.

probably 6th so u can take Jordan... Portis will go 4th

I'm not set in stone with those 2 guys, wishful thinking I guess. What I am really worried about is my 3rd rounder if I choose 6th or 7th and I might end up with crappy receivers, which could really hurt since its a ppr league. Would you consider taking a top receiver 2nd round

Would you consider taking a top receiver 2nd round

Not in a 9 team league. There will be plenty for you in Rnd 3.

I'm not set in stone with those 2 guys, wishful thinking I guess. What I am really worried about is my 3rd rounder if I choose 6th or 7th and I might end up with crappy receivers, which could really hurt since its a ppr league. Would you consider taking a top receiver 2nd round

no. its only a 9 team league, you can grab lamont in rd 1 then either rudi johnson, westbrook (PPR), maybe even ronnie brown in round 2 and then in rd three there is a good chance a guy like holt harrison or Fitzgerald will fall to you.

9 teams? How does schedueling work?

Big3 then Portis then Tiki so if you want a guaranteed shot at Lamont, take #6.

If you think there is a VERY good chance Lamont slides, take #7 since the 2nd round is KEY this year, IMO, and your pick will come sooner.

Its actually a 18 team league but we have two conferences of 9 teams each. We have a bye week somewhere in there not sure yet. We don't draft for another couple weeks, but I have to choose my draft position today.

5th. Take Barber/Portis. Jordan if you insist, but I think that's ill-advised.

Why, he gets a lot of throws to him, and was the number 7 RB in our league last year. I can't see him doing any worse, unless he gets hurt (knock on wood). I'm not saying take him as a 1st rounder, hopefully a second rounder. I was looking at Westbrook too as my number 2, but I have a hard time trusting that guy not to get hurt and philly to actually get the ball to him

5th. There's a mini tier of Portis/Barber after the big 3. Barber in a PPR league should do very well, and Portis is also poised to have a big year. I've heard Jordon doesn't figure to catch as many passes this year under the new coaching staff.

5th. There's a mini tier of Portis/Barber after the big 3. Barber in a PPR league should do very well, and Portis is also poised to have a big year. I've heard Jordon doesn't figure to catch as many passes this year under the new coaching staff.

Really, I hadn't heard that, Thanks for the info

Alright just called my commish and I am picking at the 5th spot, hopefully I will pick up Portis. Thanks to all that offered advice. :rolleyes: