Sign in to follow this  
manola

How can I improve my team?

12 Team Dynasty League:

I've made many trades in the last month, including trading away players like Tomlinson, Cadillac, Stephen Jackson and Chad Johnson.

My team was young before, but I think I've managed to make it younger without losing too much talent.

I want to try to improve it anyway I can though, so any advice on how you would improve it is appreciated.

We Start:

QB, RB, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB

PPR scoring, and passing TDs are 4pts - all others 6 pts

We have our rookie draft coming up in 2 weeks, and I've loaded up with early picks.

My Roster:

Kurt Warner,

Philip Rivers,

Portis,

Westbrook,

Moats,

Greg Jones,

Michael Turner,

Justin Fargas,

Antonio Bryant,

Nate Burleson,

Mark Clayton,

Keary Colbert,

Kevin Curtis,

Chris Henry,

Vincent Jackson,

Randy Moss,

Roddy White,

Roy Williams,

Johnathan Vilma,

Osi Umenyiora

Rookie Draft Picks:

#1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.10, 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, and then a bunch of later picks through round 10.

Anybody have any advice on how to improve this team?

I know it's a long post, so please let me know if you want me to help you with something.

Thanks!

Why in the hell did you trade away all of those players? They are all young and accomplished. From the looks of your roster you must have gotten picks for them.

I can't see anyone on your roster (except maybe Portis) that I would have traded any of Tomlinson, Cadillac, Stephen Jackson, or Chad Johnson for. You talk about getting more youth but all of the players you traded away are reasonably young. My only advice to you is build a time machine so you can go get your players back.

:mad:

I got Portis by trading away Stephen Jackson - I think that's an upgrade.

I traded Chad Johnson and Roethlisberger, and some backups for Westbrook, Moats, and Pick 1.4 in the draft (Probably Maroney).

I traded Cadillac for Randy Moss, Pick 2.1 and Pick 1.2 in the draft. I figure Cadillac is worth Moss, (DWilliams, or Maroney), and a Greg Jennings type player.

I traded Tomlinson for Pick #1.1 Roddy White, and Vincent Jackson.

This was obviously a gamble, but I've had Tomlinson the last 3 years and lost in the playoffs when he put up low numbers. My thinking is that the carries may be starting to take a toll late in the season, and that every year from now on his trade value will decrease some since it's a dynasty. If I hold onto him much longer I'll have to ride him out until he retires. Why not give him up when there's a phenom like Bush available at #1.1?

In the Draft, I expect to Add:

Reggie Bush,

D'Angelo Williams,

Maroney,

Jay Cutler,

And Greg Jennings

Ultimately, I ended up trading:

Tomlinson,

Caddy,

Stephen Jackson,

Chad Johnson,

And some backups

For

Portis,

Westbrook,

Moats,

D'Angelo Williams,

Maroney,

Randy Moss,

Reggie Bush,

Vincent Jackson,

Roddy White,

Greg Jennings

Make more sense now?

I got Portis by trading away Stephen Jackson - I think that's an upgrade.

I traded Chad Johnson and Roethlisberger, and some backups for Westbrook, Moats, and Pick 1.4 in the draft (Probably Maroney or Addai).

I traded Cadillac for Randy Moss, Pick 2.1 and Pick 1.2 in the draft. I figure Cadillac is worth Moss, (addai, DWilliams, or Maroney), and a Greg Jennings type player.

I traded Tomlinson for Pick #1.1 Roddy White, and Vincent Jackson.

This was obviously a gamble, but I've had Tomlinson the last 3 years and lost in the playoffs when he put up low numbers. My thinking is that the carries may be starting to take a toll late in the season, and that every year from now on his trade value will decrease some since it's a dynasty. If I hold onto him much longer I'll have to ride him out until he retires. Why not give him up when there's a phenom like Bush available at #1.1?

In the Draft, I expect to Add:

Reggie Bush,

Joseph Addai,

either D'Angelo Williams or Maroney,

Jay Cutler,

And Greg Jennings

Make more sense now?

Nope. Dynasty or not you can't trade away all your studs for a bunch of "what if's". I understand how Dynasty works and the importance of youth but you can't build a team thinking "3 years from now if everything pans out I'm gonna win it all". You need to build your team around the future but still allow yourself a chance to win it all now. Will Reggie Bush be a huge star in the NFL, who knows. I wouldn't doubt it but I'd definitely prefer to have a 27 year old LT2 who I KNOW is a STUD. Portis for Steven Jackson is pretty much a wash/personal preference imo. The CJ trade I can see your reasoning but I still think your lost out on the Cadi trade. If you had a contending team this year then I might of liked it but Moss only has a few productive seasons left in the tank and your team is a few years away from contending imo.

Nope. Dynasty or not you can't trade away all your studs for a bunch of "what if's". I understand how Dynasty works and the importance of youth but you can't build a team thinking "3 years from now if everything pans out I'm gonna win it all". You need to build your team around the future but still allow yourself a chance to win it all now. Will Reggie Bush be a huge start in the NFL, who knows. I wouldn't doubt it but I'd definitely prefer to have a 27 year old LT2 who I KNOW is a STUD. Portis for Steven Jackson is pretty much a wash/personal preference imo. The CJ trade I can see your reasoning but I still think your lost out on the Cadi trade. If you had a contending team this year then I might of liked it but Moss only has a few productive seasons left in the tank and your team is a few years away from contending imo.

You don't think the below starting offense will be able to contend this year in a 12 team league?

Kurt Warner,

Portis,

Westbrook,

Reggie Bush (Or Maroney or DWilliams),

Roy Williams,

Randy Moss

Of course you don't know the teams in our league, but I think that lineup is one of the top 3 in the league. The wild card is obviously the 3rd RB spot, but I like the odds of one of them being a legit #3 RB.

You don't think the below starting offense will be able to contend this year in a 12 team league?

Kurt Warner,

Portis,

Westbrook,

Reggie Bush (Or Maroney or DWilliams),

Roy Williams,

Randy Moss

Of course you don't know the teams in our league, but I think that lineup is one of the top 3 in the league. The wild card is obviously the 3rd RB spot, but I like the odds of one of them being a legit #3 RB.

It's bang or bust I guess. I just think you took on alot more risk then you needed to. You might make the playoff's with that roster and on paper is looks pretty good. I'd be more surprised if atleast 3 of those 6 guys didn't end up going down at one point or another this season.

I'd rather have.

Warner

Tomlinson

Cadi

SJax

CJ

Roy

It's all guesswork anyways man. You made the moves you felt you needed to make. I personally don't like them but that doesn't mean crap. If Bush ends up a super stud then you made the deal of the century. That's why Dynasty leagues are so challenging to manage.

I'd be the first to admit that I tend to fall in love with rookies (that's how I got SJax and Caddy), so it's not unreasonable to think I may have overvalued some of those draft picks.

I really think that Bush is going to be great, which was a real driving force in making the Tomlinson trade, as well as giving me to confidence to trade away other players. Of course, he could tear his ACL tomorrow and now I'm screwed.

Should be fun to watch all these rookies develop though...unless, of course, they all suck.

I like the Portis/SJax trade, but after that I question the trades. I don't understand how you trade a number one pick (arguably), two top ten picks, and a reciever who's in the top 15 overall for a bunch of "potential"? I understand the hype around Bush, but do you believe his numbers will be significantly different from LT? If he even puts up big numbers. Rookies NEVER make that much of an impact. And for you to hold onto Caddy for a year to trade him off his sophmore year is just crazy! You're team wasn't old by any stretch...

Do you honestly believe the roster you have assembled will put up bigger numbers than the previous one? I don't see it...

Warner/Roethlisberger

LT

Portis

Caddy

C.Johnson

Roy

You're blaming last years loss on LT. I think you need to re-evaluate your QB's. None of them had over 20 TD's last year. That's the only change you need to make. Other than that, you're team WAS vicious.

This has to be a joke!

This is the worst set of trades I've ever seen. You had a perfectly good starting lineup.

Were you drug'd? Has anybody been messing with your suitcase? I mean Christ.

This has to be a joke!

This is the worst set of trades I've ever seen. You had a perfectly good starting lineup.

Were you drug'd? Has anybody been messing with your suitcase? I mean Christ.

:bandana: :clap: :o :cry: ........ :lol: