Sign in to follow this  
AwwPhooey

Should I keep Tight End position mandatory?

Hello-

Are there any definitive articles available, old threads, or any opinions from you folks, which discuss the pros and cons of requiring a TE position in a fantasy league?

As commish, I'm getting feedback from some owners that they want to drop the mandatory 2 WRs and 1 TE requirement, and have a 3 WR option instituted instead.

Thanks much!

:banana:

Phoo

poll your whole league. In all my leagues we use the mandatory TE. The guys who don't draft a top-flight te early are usually the guys who complain, especially if they can't find a decent one later. I usually wait cuz i don't like to use a 3rd or 4th rounder to secure a top te and just hope i can get a sleeper later. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just gotta make sure that whoever i choose in those rounds doesn't bust

my humble opinion is that i want it to be as much like i am coaching a real team as possible. we use no idp so it's only offense, but a real team has a tight end. if somebody wants to get rid of te's now, the next guy will want to get rid of kickers, then the defense. play the game the way it is supposed to be played or go just qb's, rb's & wr's and call it fantasy nerfball.

Thanks, I feel the same way myself. We'll see what happens. I know there must be stats that argue whys and why nots, but i haven't seen them.

Yeah, I guess I could extend it a bit.

Tell them to stop whining!! how bout fantasy with all RB's, cut QBs and WR's, def, te's and k's. LOL

But I like starting 3 WR and 1 TE.