Sign in to follow this  
c_Weezie

10th Pick out 12

In recent days I have seen many people that have been drafting WR WR in the first two rounds....and they are starting to convince me. I know that the guys at the top of my league cant wait to get a top 5 RB and top 5 WR, I think I could start a WR run by taking 2. I just love the idea of having any two of Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Larry Fitz, Marvin Harrison.....

I am walking into my draft with this strategy. My main question is this, What guys at RB would just be too good for me to not take ?? I would like no of about 4-5

Caddy, Rudi, Ronnie....

**I know that Peyton, and possibly TO or Steve Smith will be taken ahead of me. And I could probably snag Corey Dillon / Jamal Lewis / KJ / (maybe Willis or Rueben) in the 3rd and Chester Taylor / FWP / Thomas Jones in the 4th. I know those arent the top RBs....but neither are Dom Davis, JJ, or Westbrook.

Caddy, Rudi, Ronnie....

add in jordan and s-jax depending on how the draft goes...you never know

if you could start out ronnie/marvin or sjax/chad, that's pretty friggin tight for the first two rounds....i personally wouldnt go WR-WR but if you're feelin' lucky...

if you could start out ronnie/marvin or sjax/chad, that's pretty friggin tight for the first two rounds....i personally wouldnt go WR-WR but if you're feelin' lucky...

I think you're right. That would make my team a lot more balanced. I am going to take the best available running back at 10, but I am going to talk to the guys after me to get a feel of who they are targeting. But if I cant get a Caddy or Ronnie on the way back, What WR should I target ???? (I know Steve Smith and TO will be gone)

Which WR should I go w/ ??

Torry Holt

CJ

Larry Fitz

Marvin

In recent days I have seen many people that have been drafting WR WR in the first two rounds....and they are starting to convince me.
WR-WR does not make sense in 12 team leagues since teams start 3 WRs and only 2 RBs. 2RBs x 12 teams = 24 RB starters. With only 32 teams in NFL, this is about 2/3 of ALL starters NOT INCLUDING all the 2nd heads of the Two-Headed RBs.

In order for this to work, your RB1 NEEDS to be something solid. And that means he CANNOT be RBBC. I ask you, which RBs will be there for your 3rd pick? Prob DeShaun Foster, Corey Dillon & Tatum/Mike Bell. Or a rookie (Addai).

THEN YOU NEED ANOTHER RB! And he HAS to be a sleeper because all the "sure things" (meaning 5+TDs) ARE GONE. :dunno: AND he has to contribute IMMEDIATELY to your roster since this is RB2 EVERY WEEK.

This sounds good in theory until you pull the trigger in Round 4 and see who your RB2 is. Then its mayhem. :pointstosky:

I bet EVERY ONE of these owners are trying to work a trade for their 2nd WR pick for a RB like McGahee right now.

Gotta go, I think I hear my phone ringing. . . . . . .

WR-WR does not make sense in 12 team leagues since teams start 3 WRs and only 2 RBs. 2RBs x 12 teams = 24 RB starters. With only 32 teams in NFL, this is about 2/3 of ALL starters NOT INCLUDING all the 2nd heads of the Two-Headed RBs.

In order for this to work, your RB1 NEEDS to be something solid. And that means he CANNOT be RBBC. I ask you, which RBs will be there for your 3rd pick? Prob DeShaun Foster, Corey Dillon & Tatum/Mike Bell. Or a rookie (Addai).

THEN YOU NEED ANOTHER RB! And he HAS to be a sleeper because all the "sure things" (meaning 5+TDs) ARE GONE. :wall: AND he has to contribute IMMEDIATELY to your roster since this is RB2 EVERY WEEK.

This sounds good in theory until you pull the trigger in Round 4 and see who your RB2 is. Then its mayhem. :thumbsdown:

I bet EVERY ONE of these owners are trying to work a trade for their 2nd WR pick for a RB like McGahee right now.

Gotta go, I think I hear my phone ringing. . . . . . .

You are right. I think I talked myself into going RB-WR then RB-WR. A team like Ronnie Brown, Torry Holt, Chester Taylor, and Reggie Wayne/Plaxico looks much better than Steve Smith, Larry Fitz, Chester Taylor, Deshaun Foster.

You are right. I think I talked myself into going RB-WR then RB-WR. A team like Ronnie Brown, Torry Holt, Chester Taylor, and Reggie Wayne/Plaxico looks much better than Steve Smith, Larry Fitz, Chester Taylor, Deshaun Foster.

K9tofive gave some excellent advice and it sounds like you are on the right track now

K9tofive gave some excellent advice and it sounds like you are on the right track now

Yeah. Any other advice on what I should do at the 10 /12 spot ???

Yeah. Any other advice on what I should do at the 10 /12 spot ???

Try not to be locked in on "I have to go RB-WR" or similar.

Aside from Manning, Antsports ADP has Marvin Harrison(!!), Chad Johnson(!) and Reuben Droughns (!!!) also being picked in the 1st round of 12 team mocks so ANYTHING can happen - you could be looking at some HUGE potential RB combos in the 10 & 15 spot.

Just be prepared - luck is the residue of design.

Try not to be locked in on "I have to go RB-WR" or similar.

Aside from Manning, Antsports ADP has Marvin Harrison(!!), Chad Johnson(!) and Reuben Droughns (!!!) also being picked in the 1st round of 12 team mocks so ANYTHING can happen - you could be looking at some HUGE potential RB combos in the 10 & 15 spot.

Just be prepared - luck is the residue of design.

Not sure what the !! mean :cry: . But I do see what you are talking about, not locking in on one cement strategy but instead to see how the draft goes. 1 thing I know is that most of my league is not too high on Ronnie Brown, so I will probably pass on him with the #10 and I am about 90% sure I can get him at #15. I'll just see how the draft pans out instead of stressing out about what to do now. Thanks for the good advice. :bench:

Exclamation points were my surprise at the high picks some of these players are going in mocks.