Sign in to follow this  
FFBGuy

With Pick #3 in the third round...

We're drafting off-line this year and I've secured L.T. and Westbrook with my first two picks from the #3 slot (10 team, redraft). We start a Flex (WR/RB) so I can go WR or RB with my third pick (or even TE?). Here's who I am considering:

RB: Reggie Bush, Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, Kevin Jones, Chester Taylor

WR: Randy Moss, Chris Chambers, Anquan Boldin

TE: Antonio Gates

Who would you go with??? Thanks!

Nonkeeper (6 points/all TDs, 10 yards rush&rec/pt, 25 yards pass/pt, -2 pt/fumble or INT, NO PPR)

QB-

RB-L.T.

RB-Westbrook

WR-

WR-

Flex-

TE-

K-

DEF-

I would go Anquan Boldin. As tempting as it is to take Randy Moss...he just tooo unpredictable. I had him last year and it was very upseting, b/c every week you didnt know if he was going to get 1 TD and 100 yards....or 8 yards and 0 pts. I think Anquan should be very solid this year. If you just hate taking a #2 WR, I would then go Randy Moss b/c he will have something to prove this year. Its your choice: either Anquan or Randy...I would Anquan but that may have something to do with the type of year I had last year with Randy. But something else to remember is that Randy Moss will have more trading value....so in my book these 2 are even....

Since you can start a flex, I would tend to lean towards RB here. The WRs remaining all have some questions marks (Moss-injuries, Boldin-presence of Edge/Fitz, Chambers-probably in the next tier of WRs and C-pep's health). Plus, I don't see Gates as head-and-shoulders above the other strong TEs this year (Shockey, Gonzalez, Heap).

Right now I have McGahee ranked highest among the RBs remaining, but keep an eye on the rest of the pre-season to see how things shake out with Parker (goal-line carries?) and Kevin Jones (every-down back?). And Bush would be pretty darn tempting for a flex position too. Good luck!

Moss or Boldin, McGahee will get you yardage, not sure about how many td's he'll score in this new look offense. Bush wont get enough carries to merrit his selection before any of those WR's, KJ could be a decent pick but Martz has a tendency to air it out and forget about the running game.

Chambers will have a very good year with Culpepper throwing to him, but i'll say personal preference between Boldin and Moss.

I think you go McGahee or Moss. Neither is a bad choice. Boldin is not far behind Moss, IMO. I'd probably do Moss, to get a stud WR...depends who else is around.