Sign in to follow this  
kbrown

Advice! In auction draft with FLEX

Hey, hoping i could get some feedback for my upcoming auction draft.

we run an unusual lineup of:

1QB

1RB

3WR

1 RB/WR FLEX

1TE

1DE

<b>***thing is, when drafting, everyone in our league tends to treat it like we have a 2RB/ 3WR league, as is the standard.</b>

we use an Auction draft ($100, 16 positions)

and standard scoring with 2 point bonuses for 100 yard games and 40+ yd TDs

Past drafts tend to follow general cheat sheet and projection rankings from the various sites, with RB expensive, and good bargains found at WR2 and WR3

<b>So, Im thinking of drafting 1 stud RB (Alexander etc) and 4 solid WRs...

my reasoning being...</b>

for $15-16 or so, i can get a larry fitzgerald/ torry holt type receiver for my flex, who average 12 + FP per game

(the 100 yd and 40+ TD bonuses seem to favour the WRs a bit)

for $15-16 i can get a jamal lewis, Brian Westbrook (if im lucky) or Julius Jones caliber back,

who will probably get me 10 FP a game.

(and consider eddie kennison avergaed 9 FP/G last season and i can prob get him for $$5)

And since our league always always big bargains at WR2-3, i can 3 very solid WRs to round out my core.

Plus, instead of spending $5-9 on a couple insurance backup RBs, i can just grab a few $2-3 WR2/WR3s as insurance for the flex position and WRs and handcuff alexander for a buck.... so my RB spending is extremely efficient.

ANY THOUGHTS?

bascially, the flex postion should make WRs a bit more valuable and RBs a bit less so, but no one in our league seems to follow that when auction drafting, so I see an opportunity to gain some value...

Thanks!