Sign in to follow this  
IHEARTFF

1st time poster, longtime reader, 10th Pick!

I pick 10/12 teams in a non ppr league.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

6 pts all TD's, 1 pt for 10 ru/rec yds, 1 pt 25 pass yds

What would be your strategy picking 10th overall. I would like to get 2 RBs & a stud at WR or QB out of my top 3 picks. But I am open to other strategies. Since we could start 3 RB's, going RB, RB, RB is not out of the question either. Any advice. Certain players you like at 1.10 or 2.03, etc?

Also, there will most likely be 9 RB's taken before I pick. There is a slim chance of Manning or SSmith going ahead of me.

I am in the same situation as you 10/12. I am thinking about taking the best available RB (Ronnie Brown, Caddy, or an outside chance of Sjax or Lamont). Then in the 2nd round take Torry Holt, Larry Fitz, Cj or Marvin. Then in the 3rd round take a Reggie Bush or Chester Taylor. I would then take a Warrick Dunn, Jamal Lewis, Corey Dillon 4th. Then in the 5th take a stud TE like Todd Heap or Jeremy Shockey. Then come back in the 6th and take the best available WR maybe a Donald Driver. I would then get a high upside QB in the 7th like Eli Manning. In the 8th get your handcuff (Mike Anderson or Laurance Maroney). Then in the 9th I would take my 3rd WR. 10th go with the most solid, reliable QB you can find any one of these would be great. (Jake Delhome, Marc Bulger, Jake Plummer, Kurt Warner, Drew Brees, Brett Favre). There you go, I just did the 1st 10 rounds of your draft. That's ^^ what I am looking to do. Should have a great team.

I would like to get 2 RBs & a stud at WR or QB out of my top 3 picks. But I am open to other strategies.

Good, since this is EVERYONE'S STRATEGY. . . :thumbsdown:

Ok, so #10 will probably leave you a choice of these to pick from (in no particular order/ranking):

Peyton Manning

Steve Smith

Cadillac Williams

Brian Westbrook

Terrell Owens

Chad Johnson

Torry Holt

Domanick Davis

Willis McGahee

Your pick should be Cadillac at 1.10. If you have a chance at Edgerrin James, LaMont Jordan or Rudi Johnson then you could take one of them here instead.

1.10. Cadillac (assuming other 3 taken)

1.11. Westbrook

1.12. McGahee

This assures your next pick as a player from this group:

Peyton Manning

Steve Smith

Chad Johnson

Torry Holt

Up to you to decide who, but I would lean towards Holt, Manning, Johsnon then Smith.

The RBs that would be avail to you in round 3/4 will be a good RB2:

Willie Parker

Corey Dillon

Warrick Dunn

Chester Taylor

Jamal Lewis

Reuben Droughns

And the WR2 has great depth. You could end up with your next two picks being Jamal Lewis/W Dunn and Chambers/Driver/Wayne.

I don't think you should come out of the 2nd round without a bona-fide Non-RBBC.

I agree that's probably the pool of players I am looking at for 1.10. RB, WR, RB, WR would be a solid way to draft 1-4. Or start with Cadillac or Rudi, etc if they slip, and then just get best available player after that. I feel like the top 5-7 WR's are very close this year. None of them will be available when I pick 3.10, so if I want one of them, I gotta get them at 2.03. Anyway, if I could get C Williams, T Owens, J Lewis, R Wayne, I think that would be a great start.