Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Tony Kornheiser on Monday Night Football

IMO, another in a long list of blunders by MNF producers. I have a feeling I'll be longing for the days of Joe Theismann's wisdom after tonight. :thumbsdown:

Dierdork is lookin like a stud. :thumbsdown:

I disagree here. I like Kornheiser. I enjoy thye back and forth banter between he and Wilbon, on PTI. I think he'll do fine on MNF.

I disagree here. I like Kornheiser. I enjoy thye back and forth banter between he and Wilbon, on PTI. I think he'll do fine on MNF.

Yeah, Korn washed my dad's jock in high school. Real pro. :doublethumbsup:

I didn't realize he was almost as tall as Gary Coleman :unsure:

They all just seem so bland.

They can't all be Dandy Don.

1) During the opening, Tirico's head was wayyy too close.

2) The score thingy should be lower and to one side.

3) Get rid of the sluts on the sidelines. Put some people down there that know football, not needlepoint.

HTH

i like kornheiser, and think he's great on pti. i just don't think the booth is big enough for three broadcasters, especially when two of them don't have any background in football.

but i think if they have to have a third person, they should go with lawrence taylor. that would be good tv.

The announcing of a Pre-season football game...

...I guess I would be bland too. :thumbsdown:

I watch baseball until football starts for real. I can't watch practice.

Guest tiki_gods
Tony = ;)

Theisman = :thumbsup: :banana:

Tirico = :huh:

Right on! :first:

This group has absolutely no chemistry, and it's pretty obvious Kornheiser hasn't stayed up past 9 pm since about 1985. I didn't like Tirico at first, but his knack for understatement grew on me as the game went on.

This group has absolutely no chemistry, and it's pretty obvious Kornheiser hasn't stayed up past 9 pm since about 1985. I didn't like Tirico at first, but his knack for understatement grew on me as the game went on.

I only watched a little of the game, but I like that Kornheiser didn't let idiotic Theisman comments slide, he actually challenged him and the like.

:(

1) During the opening, Tirico's head was wayyy too close.

2) The score thingy should be lower and to one side.

3) Get rid of the sluts on the sidelines. Put some people down there that know football, not needlepoint.

HTH

Agreed. :(

They are f'ing up a good thing. Funny how ESPN seems to to that alot.

I only watched a little of the game, but I like that Kornheiser didn't let idiotic Theisman comments slide, he actually challenged him and the like.

:huh:

:thumbsup:

Tony shouldn't be judged the first time out.

I liked when Theisman said he didn't wear any cologne, and Tony said you might want to start thinking about using some.

:banana:

i like kornheiser, and think he's great on pti. i just don't think the booth is big enough for three broadcasters, especially when two of them don't have any background in football.

but i think if they have to have a third person, they should go with lawrence taylor. that would be good tv.

LT :thumbsup:

LT and Matt Vasgersian..that was a better announcing duo while doing Toughman..than the MNF crew has now..

howard cosell must be spinning in his grave...

i think tony will be fine..i just hope that espn doesnt make him do dumb things..trying too hard to put their mark on the telecast...trying to separate it from the abc stuff...

if chris bermans heart explodes, thats an improvement to the show...

I thought it sucked. The whole thing. The scoreboard sucked. The announcers sucked. The damn game sucked. I miss ABC already. Give me my Al Michaels back.