Sign in to follow this  
Bottles

Drafting from the #1 slot

I've done a lot of 12 team mocks. I'm starting to believe that after your first 7 picks (which is basically 3 rounds of drafting decisions, b/c you take your SA/LJ first, then you have a decision at 2.12/3.1, 4.12/5.1 and 6.12/7.1) you have only 3 options for how your team can look.

I think your team at this point must have

3 RBs

3 WRs

1 QB

or

3 RBs

3 WRs

1 TE

or

3 RBs

2 WRs

1 TE

1 QB

Can anyone show me a mock where they had a good team after their first seven picks had something else? Does anyone think you can have only 2 RBs after these 7 picks, or any other variation? After your 7, you don't pick again until 8.12

The best RBs usually available here are Marion Barber, Greg Jones or Sam Gado. Not a good RB3 spot, IMO. I just did a mock and got Kevin Barlow in this spot

(Best WRs are Coles, Stallworth, Terry Glenn - I think these are more serviceable WR3s, although not ideal, your strength at QB/RB/TE should make up for this, if you go with option 3)

Thoughts?

I've done a lot of 12 team mocks. I'm starting to believe that after your first 7 picks (which is basically 3 rounds of drafting decisions, b/c you take your SA/LJ first, then you have a decision at 2.12/3.1, 4.12/5.1 and 6.12/7.1) you have only 3 options for how your team can look.

I think your team at this point must have

3 RBs

3 WRs

1 QB

or

3 RBs

3 WRs

1 TE

or

3 RBs

2 WRs

1 TE

1 QB

Can anyone show me a mock where they had a good team after their first seven picks had something else? Does anyone think you can have only 2 RBs after these 7 picks, or any other variation? After your 7, you don't pick again until 8.12

The best RBs usually available here are Marion Barber, Greg Jones or Sam Gado. Not a good RB3 spot, IMO. I just did a mock and got Kevin Barlow in this spot

(Best WRs are Coles, Stallworth, Terry Glenn - I think these are more serviceable WR3s, although not ideal, your strength at QB/RB/TE should make up for this, if you go with option 3)

Thoughts?

In ESPN leagues you can get Muhsin Muhammad in the 8th b/c they have him ranked #100+ in all positions. I have also seen Derrick Mason go in the 8th. Imo, you can survive with only have taken 2 WRs after 7...but I wouldnt. I am going to take 3 RB in the first 4-5 rounds b/c there are no good #3 RBs after the 5th and you can still get good WRs and QBs much later.