Sign in to follow this  
CTBucky

Keeper trade advice: RB Depth vs WR corp

Having a tough time deciding which way to go on this:

Background

- 3 or 4 (previous yr rooks are 'free') player keeper (draft pick forfeited for keeper)

- Pretty standard scoring; no PPR

- Can start 2RB, 3WR/TE or 1RB, 4WR/TE

- Current keepers: LT2 (3rd), Caddy (2nd), Palmer (6th), A.Bryant (7th)

Given the above, I have my 1st round pick, #2 overall and my 4th, #37 to fill in my WR position. RB depth wouldn't come until 5th/6th (#60/61 picks) round and then it wouldn't be much. Having the option to start 1RB, 4WR helps.

I have an offer on the table where I give up #2 and #37 picks and receive C.Taylor (11th), #7 pick and #55 pick. If I accept the deal, I'll no longer be able to keep Palmer or Bryant.

So the question is: Is RB depth more important than a more solid WR corp?

Right now I'm leaning towards declining the deal. These guys should be available @ #2: Harrison or CJ (guy has to drop one), R.Moss (I'm dropping him), and TO (scary pick).

Thanks....

Leave a link and I'll help out where I can....

It shouldnt hurt you to drop Bryant, and would certainly help out your running. Does that leave you the option to get any decent WR's though? If you can get the three mentioned RB's and a standout WR you should be fairly well set, but Receiving is apparently very important in your league. My gut says look for a backup RB in the draft and grab some star WR's, you'll need some consistant catchers on your team.

I could really use some help here.

build your core team. decline the trade and get a WR. i guess i am saying create a strong WR corp.