Sign in to follow this  
atxff

Where to go in the 1st/2nd Round

Ok in this 10 tm league we can keep 4 guys a round above where we picked them last year. We start 1/2/3/1 DEF/K. I am keeping the following:

Steve Smith in the 9th

Thomas Jones in the 11th

Nate Burleson in the 12th

I can also keep either Deion Branch in the 6th or DeShaun Foster in the 3rd. I pick 5th, so right in the middle of each round.

By the time it gets to me with that 5th pick, I will have the following to pick from:

Brian Westbrook

Willie Parker

Chester Taylor

Domanick Davis

Corey Dillon

Jamal Lewis

Ahman Green

Deuce McAllister

Fred Taylor

I am thinking that I should keep DeShaun in the 3rd since that will at least guarantee me a decent RB in that round. Then I have 2 options really:

Pick Manning with my first pick and the best available RB in the 2nd

-or-

Pick the best RB in the 5th spot and take a top WR in the 2nd

Better to take the best QB on the board when this level of RB is relatively equal? Or do I need to get a RB with my first pick b/c the talent pool is so shallow?

Or I could keep Branch, giving me a pretty good WR start, and go RB/RB in the first two spots?

Also if I keep DeShaun, where should I expect to pickup DeAngelo Williams? I can't imagine he'll be there past 8?

Oh and since I'm def keeping Steve Smith, is it a bad idea to keep DeShaun in the 3rd? I'd hate to HAVE to handcuff him with DeAngelo and own 3 Panthers.