Sign in to follow this  
chris_dub

8 Team-Keeper league draft coming up

I got a spot in a private keeper league this year. I know a few of the guys in it, including the commish. There's 8 total teams - 5 returing GM's, 3 new ones. The 5 teams from last year each got to select a keeper, then us 3 new ones have a "Expansion keeper draft" before our real draft commences. This is to even up the rosters before starting the draft, since us 3 new GM's weren't in the league last year.

The league scoring looks like this:

Offensive Scoring

TD Thrown: 5 Points

TD Rush/Rec: 6 Points

Field Goal: 3 Points

Extra Point: 1 Point

**Points double on plays over 50 yards.

QB Total Yardage Bonuses:

200+ Yards: 2 Points

300+ Yards: 4 Points

350+ Yards: 6 Points

400+ Yards: 8 Points

450+ Yards: 10 Points

500+ Yards: 12 Points

WR/RB Total Yardage Bonuses:

100+ Yards: 2 Points

150+ Yards: 4 Points

200+ Yards: 6 Points

TE Total Yardage Bonuses:

75+ Yards: 2 Points

100+ Yards: 4 Points

125+ Yards: 6 Points

150+ Yards: 8 Points

Starting Rosters

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF

Bench

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF

Anyways, the 5 keepers from last year are:

-Peyton Manning

-LT

-LJ

-Edge

-Steve Smith

I have the 3rd (last) pick in the expansion draft, before the draft begins. I'm assuming SA goes 1st in the expansion draft, then Tiki or Portis 2nd. Which leaves me at 3rd, obviously grabbing a RB. With LT, LJ, Edge off the board already...and most likely SA/Tiki or Portis gone I should be ok. What would you do with that pick?

Then the real draft starts. And of course I get the last pick at #8. With a RB in the expansion draft, I plan to go RB at #8 then WR at #9. Anyways I'm looking for what people think I should be able to grab, drafting from this spot. This is my first 8-team draft, so I'm expecting the talent pool to be a little greater with this many teams. Anybody have some experience from 8-team drafts they've done already & what I can realistically be looking at to grab from this position? Thanks.

first of all, 8 team league is like a coin flip. you'll all be stacked, it is just who wins the coin flip that week.

are SA, tiki, and portis going to be available in expansion draft? if so, there is your pick. if you want to focus on the future and maybe get a keeper, maybe ronnie brown or cadillac over tiki.

these are the RBs you should probably target with the 8th pick, if they are gone, go WR WR and come back with a RB. Maybe get Bush, it is a keeper league and he probably won't be there.

Jordan, LaMont

Jackson, Steven

Brown, Ronnie

Johnson, Rudi

Williams, Cadillac

Well a bit of a curve-ball this morning. The guy took reggie Bush #1 in the expansion draft. So that leaves with sitting at 3rd choice with: LJ, LT, Edge & Bush off the board. Obviously SA is on my radar now with a 50-50 shot at him. But if he goes #2, then I'm left with a decision. Tiki is old & I don't think he can put up another solid season like last year...and the Portis injury does worry me. Ugh this will be tough if SA goes #2. I'm left with a crap load of tier 2 RB's.