PlatinumBalla

fair trade?

I Give

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

I Get

Marc Bulger

Steven Jackson

this trade was just vetoed but i dont think it was warranted...what do you think

Also if we were to do the trade again it might have to be Brees instead of Bulger...should i do that?

I Give

Trent Green

Ronnie Brown

I Get

Marc Bulger

Steven Jackson

this trade was just vetoed but i dont think it was warranted...what do you think

Also if we were to do the trade again it might have to be Brees instead of Bulger...should i do that?

if i was you, i would thank them all for rejecting that! Green is much better than Bulger and more durable, R.brown should have a huge year now that he is the man in miami, plus, why would you want both players from the same team? stick with what you have man!! :cheers:

No reason to veto that trade. The only reason to veto a trade is collusion, and there is no way that there is collusion in that trade, you are trading 2 first round RB and 2 middle of the pack QB. I SEE NO COLLUSION.

Ask them why they felt that it was unfair enough to veto.

well i had green last year and he just didnt get TDs...also I think SJax will have a huge year as well...moreso than ronnie...and then i was talking to a few members...and they said they wouldnt let me have any trades because I won last year...and they dont want me to improve...awesome!

Seems like a fair trade.

Brown and Jackson are going to have big years.

Bulger is better but not that much better as to warrant a veto.

I had Green last year in a TD favoring league, and he obviously didn't do much for me

The ONLY reason a trade should be vetoed is if there is collusion. period :D

Also, the idea of a league wide vote on every trade is not the best way to go, IMHO.

Seriously, the rest of your league should not be able to build your team and set your line-up..

I don't see collusion here, so this trade should not have been vetoed. I would be interested to find out why it was.

no veto on this. its kinda a meaningless trade anyway. all players involved should put up similar stats. kind of a strange trade, since its for the same position players, but nothing sketchy looking.

That seems like a real shady league, if the other guys in your league will not allow you to make trades. That is crap, you have every right to try to make your team better, just like everyone else. Basically if you find a willing trade partner, and make a deal, there is no reason for anyone else in your league to turn it down, unless you are trading LT2 and LJ for Charlie Frye.

If it were me I might consider finding another league... What next because you won last year you can't do any drop/add transactions. There is no reason for you to have a handicap this season, because of what you did last season.

I agree.

NO VETO.

I'd say green is the better talent at QB, but Bulger is younger, has better receivers and is in a more pass oriented offense. so I'd say that's more or less a wash.

As far as the RB's go, Brown is not quite as good(I expect less yards this season, but not a lot less) but Brown has more upside and could possibly have a big breakout year. I'd say its pretty close too.

while the trade isnt 100% even, not many trades are.

I've seen a lot worse trades go through. and if this is a keeper league then I'd say the guy getting Ronnie brown will make out like a bandit 1 or 2 years from now.

I think it's more likely that whoever wants to veto has sour grapes cuz they wanted one of the players involved and they're pissed they couldnt get him.

-----------------

I also agree that vetos should ONLY be used if it looks like collusion. (thus, you look at the situation and determine if the trade makes sense)

Example: a team in rebuilding mode(finished last this year) has Shaun Alexander and no other good players. He drafts Reggie bush with his #1 pick and maybe he trades Alexander to a contender for Ronnie brown.

Collusion?

No

The trade makes sense because hes trading today's stud for tomorrow's stud and building for the future. while I wouldnt be keen on it because he could have done better... I wouldnt veto the deal.

Why?

Alexander has a couple more good years left and Brown is on the rise. (possibly one of the big 3 RB's 2 years from now) and the tandem of brown and reggie bush would keep his team competitive for years to come.

in that case, I would not vote to veto either because the trade at least makes some sense to both teams.

and to me, that is where I draw the line. if you can see the logic, then you should not veto. Even if the trade is a little lopsided.

so what if one team is playing to win this year, and the other team plays for next year? this stuff happens in real life, and should be allowed in the league as well.

well it's a league with all my friends...but yeah its ridiculous...the reason we were doing the trade is because the other guy had his backup (Brees) with the same bye as Bulger...my motivation was to get a little more upside at QB with similar numbers at RB (even though I like SJax better)

Now it makes even more sense and there is LESS reason to veto. I would really recommend trying to get everyone together to discuss this, because if it continues to handicap you this way, the league is not being fair. Sounds like they just want to make sure that you can't do anything to better your team.

Let me guess you are last on the waiver wire too... :doublethumbsup:

dude, like the rest said, these guys in your league are "handicapping" you. And if there is any "collusion" involved in this deal, it's the league "vetoing" this trade.. Find a new league...

This is ridiculous. Even with collusion, how does this affect the integrity of the league? These are all quality players. It's not like you are swapping lower tiered players for studs. If anything, the collusion lies in your other league members trying to keep you from what you think is best for your team. If my league handcuffed me like this, I'd be gone. Good luck.

That seems like a real shady league, if the other guys in your league will not allow you to make trades. That is crap, you have every right to try to make your team better, just like everyone else. Basically if you find a willing trade partner, and make a deal, there is no reason for anyone else in your league to turn it down, unless you are trading LT2 and LJ for Charlie Frye.

If it were me I might consider finding another league... What next because you won last year you can't do any drop/add transactions. There is no reason for you to have a handicap this season, because of what you did last season.

i agree with fbh. i call b.s. on the veto and i call double b.s. on the reason they gave. having jerks like that in a league would take all of the fun out of it for me (i have a bunch of drunks and we have a lot of fun).

I'd bail if i were you.

Yes, rejection of this trade makes no sense at all. The players are all literally equals at this point, so I have no clue why it would be voted down.

A league wide vote should not apply to each trade. An owner should have to make a complaint to the commissioner, with a good reason, and then send it to vote.

So many leagues play with some f'd up rules out there.