Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

Hey Porkchops...you're up!

pickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpick

ickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickp

ckpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpi

kpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpic

pickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpick

ickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickp

ckpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpi

kpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpickpic

ickpickpickpickpickpickpick

Sorry guys and gal but the old bones couldn't take anymore and hit the sack early. It was far too early for me to predraft. Hopefully we will finish this up today. Zap when will waivers start?

Zap when will waivers start?

Already willing to dump your draft picks, eh?

When the draft finishes, rosters are loaded when I click a button. I believe I get an option to open waivers and free agency. It's pure free agency in the preseason, and I open them immediately.

Already willing to dump your draft picks, eh?

When the draft finishes, rosters are loaded when I click a button. I believe I get an option to open waivers and free agency. It's pure free agency in the preseason, and I open them immediately.

This has come up in 2 of my leagues, and I have a suggestion:

Pick a time/date to do it. Either that, or use the option to have a 2 day waiver period in reverse order of draft for the initial opening of the WW.

Reason: both leagues I refer to above, commish loaded rosters, clicked "go" and cherry picked the 1st guy off the WW within seconds.

Not really cheating, but it is pretty much crap since commish controls the timing and no one else knows when it's up. I'd say go Sunday at 12:00 noon with a 12-> 1 WW. Or pick another day - I don't care. But it shouldn't be a free for all right when you load the league because it undoubtely givesyou an advantage for whoever you want to add when you drop Holmes. lol

Just a suggestion - it completely avoids any appearance of impropriety. :banana:

But it shouldn't be a free for all right when you load the league because it undoubtely givesyou an advantage for whoever you want to add when you drop Holmes. lol

Just a suggestion - it completely avoids any appearance of impropriety. :angry:

:wacko:

My sleeper wr is safe and sound. I loaded the rosters and haven't checked the WW, nor would I, as commish, take advantage of that advantage. I load them first chance I get upon completion and sit back. The quick responders have an advantage here, albeit miniscule, but I don't join them. Besides, there's no one I want to drop yet!

I agree with Scooter. There shuld be a specific day and time so that we all have an equal shot at FA's. And I think it should be in the evening so that working stiffs aren't affected. Unless you are a shift worker? :angry:

I agree with Scooter. There shuld be a specific day and time so that we all have an equal shot at FA's. And I think it should be in the evening so that working stiffs aren't affected. Unless you are a shift worker? :angry:

That's fine, but we'll have to live with what LM just did when I loaded rosters. Sorry. I can see the need for some time during the season, but really, it's a mucho minor thing after 25 rounds of picking. People should be more apt to fix their errors asap than later, so go do it and tell me if it worked. I cannot tell if FA is open, because I don't want to drop anyone today.

Yep FA is open... Fixed one of my 2 drafting mistakes...

You scared me. I figured you needed a wide, and I also figured you'd be the first on it considering the unfortunate KRob situation. I also think you deserved first pick in FA because of it, so this works out fine. But, you didn't nab my wr! :shocking:

A pretty good shot too.

And no Tex, Baskett is not my WR. :thumbsdown:

I did however have him in the first round of my first NFL mock draft. How that cat went undrafted is just nuts.

A pretty good shot too.

And no Tex, Baskett is not my WR. :doublethumbsup:

I did however have him in the first round of my first NFL mock draft. How that cat went undrafted is just nuts.

Baskett will probably end up starting and he catches everything that comes close to him. I followed him in college a bit. He is a phenomenal athlete. Hopefully he will be a good pickup for me.

Baskett will probably end up starting and he catches everything that comes close to him. I followed him in college a bit. He is a phenomenal athlete. Hopefully he will be a good pickup for me.

Yeah, I saw Baskett live in Qualcomm last year. He and Jeff Webb put on an amazing display of NFL quality WR plays. Baskett took over towards the end and handed his team the win. He reportedly struggled at the Senior Bowl and ran a little slow at the combine, but no way he should have gone undrafted. The way the Eagles landed him was probably larceny.

I put Priest on IR, and handcuffed Ahman. I nearly drafted Najeh instead of Priest, then the stinkin' Packers feature Najeh tonight so I couldn't wait on this slightly controversial move. If you guys have a big stink with it, I think you're sissies. :ninja:

I put Priest on IR, and handcuffed Ahman. I nearly drafted Najeh instead of Priest, then the stinkin' Packers feature Najeh tonight so I couldn't wait on this slightly controversial move. If you guys have a big stink with it, I think you're sissies. :clap:

I nearly drafted Davenpoop with my last pick.

Then I remembered that the Packers suck balls, and will probably only have 5 first downs all year, and realized that Nijah could be the starting RB for an NFL team and still be entirely worthless.

Dang it, had to take a shot...

Hmmmmm

Well, I couldn't wait as long as I hoped. My mystery WR is Bobby Engram. We'll see how this works out. I couldn't wait because what's been whispered all through camp has recently been publicized and people are starting to talk. I really need bye week coverage in week 3, and Engram gets the Giants crappy secondary (but fierce D-Line). I love the rest of his schedule which vaulted him over other week three matchups in consideration. I expect him to come out of the gates the way McCardell did for me last year. Burleson is struggling with the new system, QB timing, and drops. Jackson, while near studly, is nursing a bad knee that may be worse than expected. This offense moves the ball and puts up points.

What's the whispers and story? Well, Bobby showed up bulked up and faster, not that he is a speedy wr. He has struggled with health off and on for a couple years and for the first time in awhile he's been 100% to work hard for a long time. He has been catching everything, and with Stevens and Jackson not around, he has been the star of the receiving corps, by a wide wide margin. The recently publicized tidbit referred to all the Seattle QBs sitting around for 40 minutes discussing how amazing Engram is. A few weeks ago it was a couple DBs saying they couldn't cover him. Eh, like I say, we'll see, but this is who I was targetting, and I scooped him up in numerous survivor/mocks over the summer.

Scooter, It was a tough call, but Poop is available. :dunno:

I have way too much manlove for Norwood and Mewelde. :dunno: