Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

league eval topic is up on the mange forearm

Just based on my limited look at the teams I'd say its between Zap and I...again. Of course thats just a first impression and thats why we play the games...Good luck everyone.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I am having serious buyer's remorse on several of my decisions. I think I see a key weakness on every team in this league, mine included. But it's usually those key strengths that matter the most, and we just have to wait and see who hit the homeruns.

Should be a fun and interesting season. It's going to take some luck along the way for whoever prevails. Everybody has different projections/rankings/expectations, but I'll agree with DocJ. His team has some serious potential yet again.

Just based on my limited look at the teams I'd say its between Zap and I...again. Of course thats just a first impression and thats why we play the games...Good luck everyone.

now I know you're high.

As always, my squad gets zero respect.

Despite potentially having the best 1-2-3 WRs in the league, despite mr Consistent Tiki Barber and either the Jax or Den RB, and despite having the best DL and DBs in the league, you all overlook me yet again.

I hope DocJ and I meet in the playoffs again - that way y'all will know it was no coincedence that I won my last 7 and beat J to get to the championships.

:huh:

I replied.

I thought everyone did pretty well and hopefully the result is a very competitive season for everyone. I liked the mix of "safe" drafters and "risky" drafters. I liken myself to a more high-risk drafting style, but this year my participation in the IBL tempered that a bit.

I replied.

I thought everyone did pretty well and hopefully the result is a very competitive season for everyone. I liked the mix of "safe" drafters and "risky" drafters.

Acreed. But, I think for the most part we all took significant risks.

Scooter, I don't overlook your team, but you "outfrothed" Deisel during the draft, and I'm not so sure I agree with some of your opinions stated as facts.

As an example. When we added the weight to solos, Peppers tumbled in my rankings. It was simple math based on projections. He played 16 games last year and didn't have 40 solos. He is a bit like Champ Bailey, probably the best in the league at his position, but it doesn't necessarily translate to fantasy dominance. DL 16 in this system last season. In fact, my late pick, James Hall, outscored Peppers last year based on PPG. He missed three games, and Peppers outscored him by a point and a half on the season. Every season is a fresh start. I wouldn't proclaim any team as tops in any category just yet.

Scooter, I don't overlook your team, but you "outfrothed" Deisel during the draft, and I'm not so sure I agree with some of your opinions stated as facts.

As an example. When we added the weight to solos, Peppers tumbled in my rankings. It was simple math based on projections. He played 16 games last year and didn't have 40 solos. He is a bit like Champ Bailey, probably the best in the league at his position, but it doesn't necessarily translate to fantasy dominance. DL 16 in this system last season. In fact, my late pick, James Hall, outscored Peppers last year based on PPG. He missed three games, and Peppers outscored him by a point and a half on the season. Every season is a fresh start. I wouldn't proclaim any team as tops in any category just yet.

See, I have him as the #1 DL this year.

Last season's numbers do you a severe disservice when projecting his 06 numbers because last season the defensive team around him was decimated with injuries, allowing opponents to double team him, severely limiting his ability to score.

This year his defense is healthy around him, and I think his solo tackles will jump to near double of last year's numbers, plus a dramatically increased number of "plays of opportunity" like FF, DFR, DTDs, passed defended and sacks.

You're dead on about last year - but last year was last year. I have my opinions, of course - and time will tell if I am right or wrong - but I think you are being severely shorsighted on Peppers outlook.

Dropped towards the bottom? That's insane. He's a top 3 DL - bank on it. :pointstosky:

Unless Peppers gets about 25 sacks this year, theres no way he is #1 DL. He just doesn't get enough tackles.

Unless Peppers gets about 25 sacks this year, theres no way he is #1 DL. He just doesn't get enough tackles.

well, true - in this league sacks aren't as hearty as tackles in this league, but he gets enough opportunistic plays a year to balance it out IMO. Forces fumbles, has a nose for the ball...

I concede he's not #1 in our scoring system, but I am a fan a and I think he's plenty valuable enough, so I'm happy with the pick.

:pointstosky:

It was nice to see risks taken across the board, but no one team went "all-risk" which i hope translates to balance.

Recently I was reviewing some of the situational issues and found myself really wondering about a bunch of the QB's. Injuries, some are coming in with things that concern me, others are a hit away from retirement. It gives me the heebie-geebies regarding a bunch of the WR's.... :pointstosky: :ninja: