Sign in to follow this  
JasperisOK

GEEK POKER SUPERSTAR! Season 3!

Here's the deal. Firstly, I had a hard drive crash a couple of weeks ago and I've lost everyone's email that I once had. If anyone's interested in participating in the best of geek poker, hit me up with your address by either emailing me at jazper2121@yahoo.com or PMing me at thedanzone.com

- The competition will take place over the course of six grueling weeks starting Sept. 8. The first four weeks will consist of eight $5 SNG tournaments that will run every Friday and Sunday night at 9PM EST. For any tourney to be legal, it must have at least 5 players.

- Gettting points will be based on a 40% ratio of how many players actually play. Broken down, it will work like this:

5-6 players = 2 players will get points (10 or 7)

7-8 players = 3 (10, 7, or 4)

9-11 players = 4 (10, 7, 4, or 1)

12-13 players = 5 (13, 10, 7, 4, or 1)

14-16 players = 6 (16, 13, 10, 7, 4, or 1)

17-18 players = 7 (19, 16, 13, 10, 7, 4, or 1)

19-20 players = 8 (22, 19, 16, 13, 10, 7, 4, or 1)

- After the first eight tournies, the *top ten players* based on points will be designated to play a series of four $10 tournies to determine the overall champion. You can play as many of the first eight tournies as you wish but only your top four point finishes will count towards your total. You also have to keep in mind that you will be required to play at least four of the $5 buyins in order to make your point total eligible to move on to the championship round. Any ties in points standings that need to be settled will be determined by a ranking of your "% of players beat" in all of your tournies played.

- The championship round will consist of four $10 buyin SNGs that will also take place on Friday and Sunday nights at 9PM. Points will continiue to be awarded in the same fashion as the $5 buyins with one difference. If less than 5 players show up, then only the winner will get points (10).

- **The top ten is based on having participated in at least four of the $5 buyins. This is important because in the past we have had top ten qualifiers not bother playing any of the $10 buyins. We want ACTIVE players!

Come get your poker fix and see how you stack up against the geeks. Have some laughs, maybe make a few $$$$ along the way and possibly win your way into GEEK POKER STARDOM (ask Strike how that feels). This has had pretty good success for the first two seasons and am hoping for a big geek turnout once again!

Thanks! Jas :rolleyes: