Sign in to follow this  
Keyser Sose

DeShaun Foster Opinions

What is your take on this strategy? (Picking #5 slot in a 12 team redraft league)

Rd. 1: Stud RB

Rd. 2: Stud WR

Rd. 3: Semi-stud WR

Rd. 4: Target Deshaun with a Rd. 8 Handcuff Deangelo

I can see a lot of value to getting 2 hot WRs with Deshaun/Deangelo as my RB2 slot.

Deshaun is scary w/ injury risk, but with the handcuff, I feel great about either of those 2 runners as my RB2, plus I get the bonus of a strong WR corps.

If Deshaun stays healthy, I love him as a breakaway runner and a great Rd. 4 pick. Am I drinking too much Kool Aid? I've been burned by him before, but I just believe in the kid, and I love the Carolina offense.

I got #5 and fully expect to go RB/WR/best available, even Gates. If I don't get a RB in the 3rd...someone is bound to slip. A Willie Parker, Chester Taylor type talent.

I think it could be rbbc with him and Williams. For one Williams wasn't drafted in the first to warm there bench. Teams do that with 1st round rookie qbs but rarely happens with 1st round rookie rbs. Second with his injury plague career I can't see Fox letting him carry the full load.

The only problem with doing that is Deangelo is going early-mid 7th in most mocks and even occasionally in the 6th. To handcuff Foster or Dillon you have to burn probably a 6th/7th rounder for a possible rbbc situation. I'd rather grab another rb than burn up a 6th/7th round pick on a handcuff.

Aimed for and got Deshaun in the 5th.....VERY HAPPY!!

Had the option to take Deangelo or Mike Bell in the 6th, and went for MBell......CONFIDENT as I can be.

I will be trading for DWill very soon.

Panther Homer here and I'll give you my take on the Carolina RB situation. I've been to the one home Pre-season game and will be at the one in Prime-time this upcoming Thursday against Miami, plus I've been to traing camp down in Spartanburg 4 times so far. Would have been 2 more times but camp was cancelled after the J'ville victory.

Foster is running Very well this year. He is healthy and Fox is very pleased with him thus far. Foster has gotten himself labeled as an injury prone back (probably warranted) BUT this is year I do not believe he will go down with a major injury. He has trained hard during the offseason from all reports and from the way he looks at camp. Foster is a good #2 RB at a #3 RB price tag!

D Williams is going to be the future of the Panthers of that we all have no doubt, but he has not gotten a feel for the offense yet and has run timidly and indecisively so far. While Fox has been patient with him, he has not shown the willingness to put much of a load on his rookie. Williams will not see much playing time this year UNLESS Foster goes down. Even then he will split time with Goings. He just is not ready to be an every down back at this point and as long as Foster remains healthy(which I think he will) Williams will not be a factor.

Good luck and I hope your RB WR WR startegy works well for you because that is my strategy as well.

I am probably in the minority here, but I think that this is the year that Foster stays healthy all year and produces good numbers. He has shown flashes of stardom, but can't seem to stay healthy for a full season. I think Foster plays well enough to force Fox to give him a bulk of the carries, while mixing in Williams too. I think he represents good value for his ADP.

:doublethumbsup:

Read my sig! I'm targeting the guy this year except it's going to be in the third round. I'm not waiting to see if he's around in the 4th.

I drafted at #7(out of 10) and went RBrown,TO,Boldin and planned to go Foster but KJones was still there(nobody wanted him). Next guy took Foster and I may regret it but then Dillon came around on the back side(to my suprise)! First year going away fromm RB,RB and I think it turned out good.

What is your take on this strategy? (Picking #5 slot in a 12 team redraft league)

Rd. 1: Stud RB

Rd. 2: Stud WR

Rd. 3: Semi-stud WR

Rd. 4: Target Deshaun with a Rd. 8 Handcuff Deangelo

I can see a lot of value to getting 2 hot WRs with Deshaun/Deangelo as my RB2 slot.

Deshaun is scary w/ injury risk, but with the handcuff, I feel great about either of those 2 runners as my RB2, plus I get the bonus of a strong WR corps.

If Deshaun stays healthy, I love him as a breakaway runner and a great Rd. 4 pick. Am I drinking too much Kool Aid? I've been burned by him before, but I just believe in the kid, and I love the Carolina offense.

I just don't see Foster still there at your pick in the 4th round. That's the 44th pick in the draft, which will probably be the 27-28 th RB. If you want him...take him in the 3rd, then still get a semi stud WR in the 4th. It'll be easier to get that WR then Foster. :cheers:

I just don't see Foster still there at your pick in the 4th round. That's the 44th pick in the draft, which will probably be the 27-28 th RB. If you want him...take him in the 3rd, then still get a semi stud WR in the 4th. It'll be easier to get that WR then Foster. ;)

This must be W. O. N.

I think it could be rbbc with him and Williams. For one Williams wasn't drafted in the first to warm there bench. Teams do that with 1st round rookie qbs but rarely happens with 1st round rookie rbs. Second with his injury plague career I can't see Fox letting him carry the full load.

do you have any historical evidence to back up your assumption?

FamousB did the calculations and your "assumption" is completely incorrect...In fact, most 1st round RB's ride the pine as well...

here's the historical data- http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry2608452

He was drafted to develop into their starting RB. That's not gonna be this year unless Deshaun gets hurt, bet on that...

way to go out on a limb...IF HE GETS HURT, is about 90 percent of the problem.

That's a joke - I'm not scared to take him regardless of his history.

even with the injury history i am high on him. getting him in the late 3rd early 4th is nice value. even seen him go later on occasion. fox is run first and foster will get every opportunity to be the guy. until he fails, deangelo will be nuttin more than a spell man.

even with the injury history i am high on him. getting him in the late 3rd early 4th is nice value. even seen him go later on occasion. fox is run first and foster will get every opportunity to be the guy. until he fails, deangelo will be nuttin more than a spell man.

This is another misconception about the Panthers this year. They are not a run first team anymore. They have way too many good targets for Delhomme to hit and Delhomme has become a great passer. With Smith, Key, Colbert, and the sensational rookie Drew Carter along with Mangum, Carloina will pass the ball alot more this year.

Take the opening drive against Buffalo the other night(the only drive Delhomme played) a total of 8 plays ending with a TD strike to Drew Carter. Foster ran the ball once during that drive and that was a nice gain but the only rushing play of the scoring drive.

Carolina will be passing all year and this is one of the reason I believe Foster will stay healthy. He will get his carries. Say 20 to 25 a game.

I think this thread is giving D. Foster too much credit. He just went in round 7 tonight in my live draft. I was going to pick him then because he slipped, but Gore was available and I was higher on him. Then, I find out Barlow was traded :doublethumbsup: .

Anyway, Fosters potential to injury ratio is about even and he is generally going mid-5th rounder. Take a more featured/durable back like K. Jones, C. Taylor, W. Parker, W. Dunn around the 3rd round and just see if Foster slips. I think this thread is mostly posted by people really high on Foster and not taking the injury and RBBC possibilities into account.

This is another misconception about the Panthers this year. They are not a run first team anymore. They have way too many good targets for Delhomme to hit and Delhomme has become a great passer. With Smith, Key, Colbert, and the sensational rookie Drew Carter along with Mangum, Carloina will pass the ball alot more this year.

Take the opening drive against Buffalo the other night(the only drive Delhomme played) a total of 8 plays ending with a TD strike to Drew Carter. Foster ran the ball once during that drive and that was a nice gain but the only rushing play of the scoring drive.

Carolina will be passing all year and this is one of the reason I believe Foster will stay healthy. He will get his carries. Say 20 to 25 a game.

i'll take 20-25 a game for a second back and i believe that would be a pretty balanced offensive attack. i know you are a homer but i gotta disagree with ya. we will see in a few weeks. i still keep my opinion for now.

love the strategy. unfortunately for me, i have the #4 pick in one of my drafts and the #6 pick in my other draft so i guess this thread isn't any help to me. damn the luck.