Sign in to follow this  
leftyguitar

the great deion branch debate. when to take the gamble?

Hey Guys,

Haven't seen much talked about on here about Deion Branch. He is still hangin around in my draft. everybody's nervous about his holdout. with good reason i guess. We're going into round 11 and he is still on the board. Should I take the risk and grab him? my team so far is in my sig. I need one more WR who will be playing in week 6 to cover wayne and driver's byes... do you think branch will be back by then? if at all? or do i play it safe and take someone like laverneous coles, kennison, reggie brown, one of the claytons? those are the calibur of WR's left. IF branch plays he will be better than them all, but its a big if. Team so far is in my sig.

thanks guys leave me a link and i'll try to help you out with your questions!

well, at this point, I'd guess everyone is now drafting backups.

I dont think you can lose by taking him now. He went in the 7th in our draft.

and hes got more value than the average backup cuz if hes in the lineup and healthy, he may even be a starter for you.

take him

Lefty,

What other WR are available? Just give us an idea of who you are comparing Branch with?

Woah that's crazy I drafted Wayne and Driver as my starting WRs too. I'd say Branch is worth it in round 11.

the best alternateive WR's to branch still left in my league are: coles, bruce, kennison, reggie brown, mike and mark clayton... the lower end 2nd wr's. Guys like housh, keyshawn, stallworth, evans are all gone.

the only thing thats concerning me, is even if branch comes back, his bye is also week 6, so that means driver, wayne, and branch all out for me. i'd need still another backup WR to cover those byes. ARGH!

Tough to pass up the opportunity to get Branch in the 11th, if not for your team possibly for potential trade bait. Maybe you could even move one of the other guys. The only other guy that I would consider that you listed would be Reggie Brown. And the only reason I would consider Brown is the system that he is in.

well, at this point, I'd guess everyone is now drafting backups.

I dont think you can lose by taking him now. He went in the 7th in our draft.

and hes got more value than the average backup cuz if hes in the lineup and healthy, he may even be a starter for you.

take him

:thumbsup:

He went in the 7th in my league as well. I was supprised, but I think at 11 it could be a huge steal. If not, not a bad pick to gamble with.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=223204

one team has been talking about taking him soon... i want to get my definate bye week backups squared away but i'd hate to miss the chance at getting his value so cheap... argh!

Don't worry about bye weeks at this point. You can pick up a guy who can fill in a bye week later (you will only play this guy one week anyway).

Branch would be an absolute steal in the 11th if he does show up (I think he will)

I however would suggest that you take Houshmanzadah instead of Branch. Houshy will put up better #'s than a lot of #1 WR's. He was targeted in the red zone twice as much as CJ, He is the saftey valve for first downs, and Palmer loves to throw him the ball.

Thanks for your help.

Oops, I just glanced over who was available and missed the all gone part. :unsure:

The only guy left I like besides Branch Is Michael Clayton (TB). I may consider him instead of Branch, but if you don't really like that option, Branch would be a great pick in the 11th.

I say no go on Branch. Given the bye week mess, you're simply not the guy to be dealing with him. Personally, I think late round WR should be young guys who might bust out. Perhaps Michael Clayton fits the mold, at least if Chris Simms can start looking at someone other than Galloway.

well, Housh, is good, he went around the same time as kennison in my draft.

if Kennison can repeat the season he had last year, he may be worth a shot too.

As far as clayton goes... he went late in my draft... I got him in the last round. He's worth a gamble too. apparently he lost weight and came into camp in great shape. I havnt seen any reports since to say how hes done.

but if drafting him, I'd also check to see how sims has looked in camp first. if He looks terrible, I'd pass on him.

yea dude, take him in 11. you don't need wrs so i would discourage you from reaching, but 11 is great value. thanks for taking mine.

If you are in a keeper league, hedge by taking Deion Branch in the 12th round, and then take Chad Jackson in the 13th round.