Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

When is Antonio Gates going in 10 team drafts?

With the potential of a few valued WR's falling to later rounds, would I be crazy to take Gates in the third? Or will he already be gone?

I felt like because there is such a drop off after the top 1 or 2 TE's, unlike WR's, it may be a good strategy? I could always trade him to a team that has a few solid WR's if he doesn't have the numbers.

With the potential of a few valued WR's falling to later rounds, would I be crazy to take Gates in the third? Or will he already be gone?

I felt like because there is such a drop off after the top 1 or 2 TE's, unlike WR's, it may be a good strategy? I could always trade him to a team that has a few solid WR's if he doesn't have the numbers.

www.antsports.com, check the average draft position

I've been in two 10 team drafts, and he's gone early 3rd round in both. I like the idea of getting points at a position where you don't usually get too many. If you do your homework, you may still be able to get good value at WR in the 4th and 5th. I got Roy Williams in the 4th and Derick Mason in the 5th. Unfortunately Gates wasn't there for me in the 3rd. :banana:

www.antsports.com, check the average draft position

Thanks! Great tool. :dunno:

He didnt go that early in our draft. I got him early in the 5th. I had the 7th pick and got Roy Williams in the 4th and took Gates early in the 5th. But we dont have to start a TE either. We have and option position WR/TE so that might be why he dropped to th 5th round.

got him late 3rd but i could not see him coming all the way around to you at the end of the 4th so if you want him i would take im with pick 3.