Sign in to follow this  
Diesel07

wow - Donald Driver/Brett Farve looking good

Interceptions are a killer in this system. Favre will get you 23 one week and -4 the next. If you start him over Hasselbeck, I'll laugh, but his good game will tempt you. Enjoy.

Yea, its going to be hard to decide on Hasselbeck & Farve. Ill probably pick the wrong one, becasue thats how it usually goes. I was going to take Sims, i like him, but they're backups...Farve will do just fine.

you may have noticed I took Chris Simms over Brett Favre. That was a statement. :lol:

:cheers: Yes it certainly was, but not all interpretations of that statement will be the same ;)

:banana: Yes it certainly was, but not all interpretations of that statement will be the same :banana:

we'll see at season's end. I'm not denying old Mr Madden Manlove won't score you a big night here and there, but he's bound to provide the opposite extreme as well...30 picks = -buku points in this heavy punishment scoring...give me Simms steady production behind center all day over Favre's wild extremes. Consistency pays. Sure, you might blow out the competition one week....but Favre will lose it for you the next with a 120 yd 3 Int performance.

Hey, don't get me wrong...I love the guy and respect the hell out of the way he plays the game...he's a living legend in a league of youth. I believe he'll go down with a rock solid reputation/legacy and he'll walk right into the HOF on the 1st ballot. After my homerific Montana/Young favorites, I think Favre is right up there. Just a tough as nails, hard nosed football player who gives you his all game in & game out.

But I'm not drafting him in FFB this year regardless of where he falls to me. The team around him sucks and don't want him to lose a week for me and I'll hate him for it. :banana:

we'll see at season's end. I'm not denying old Mr Madden Manlove won't score you a big night here and there, but he's bound to provide the opposite extreme as well...30 picks = -buku points in this heavy punishment scoring...give me Simms steady production behind center all day over Favre's wild extremes. Consistency pays. Sure, you might blow out the competition one week....but Favre will lose it for you the next with a 120 yd 3 Int performance.

Hey, don't get me wrong...I love the guy and respect the hell out of the way he plays the game...he's a living legend in a league of youth. I believe he'll go down with a rock solid reputation/legacy and he'll walk right into the HOF on the 1st ballot. After my homerific Montana/Young favorites, I think Favre is right up there. Just a tough as nails, hard nosed football player who gives you his all game in & game out.

But I'm not drafting him in FFB this year regardless of where he falls to me. The team around him sucks and don't want him to lose a week for me and I'll hate him for it. :dunno:

If Favre stays healthy, and I think he truly can, then I think he just might put up some pretty good numbers this year. He is falling so far that one should be happy to get him where he is landing.....IMHO.

I think he has one more year left in the tank.... :thumbsup:

Scooter, your acting like im going to start him EVERY week. I may only start him week 16 againt Minn.