Sign in to follow this  
Creepin'Camel-Toe

Partnering up at the draft

My friend and I have the 11th and 12th pick.

I'm thinking of going along with the idea of starting a trends on the turns.

Is it ethically wrong to work with someone in this kind of format? Control the draft IF it works?

I'm thinking it's not. Who said FF has to be completely individualist?

colluding with other owners is cheating & frowned on...

if the other owners found out, they may punch you in the face or gut.

I would.

How is this cheating?

We're not drafting less in order better one team.

We're trying to control where there is a run. AKA a WR run on the second round.

If it's cheating I don't see it. That doesn't mean I'm right.

I'm just trying to view this from all angles and maybe you guys can help me see what I'm missing.

I don't really see the damage in a draft. For every player you and your friend make - you are not only giving up potentially better picks (in the "take the best player available model) and leaving them for your opponents but possibly shooting yourselves in the foot for reaching too soon.

If two teams wanted to do that in our league - I guess I would say: "have at it".

Personally I don't see how someone else's draft picks would influence my picks, especially with other teams involved. I mean if there is a player that I want on the board I am going to take him regardless of what someone ahead of me picked.

If you are trying for collusion, it is a pretty weakass attempt. :shocking: I don't usually care for owners working together, but I fail to see anything unethical here. If the other owners are stupid enough to fall for it than it is on them.

I say for you to pretend you are going to go along with the plan and then fock him over during the draft.

If he ends up doing that to you, go to his house and punch him in the face in front of his family.

No holds barred, man

I could care less what anyone else does in the draft and I think most would feel the same. Trying to "start a run" only means that you are not drafting the best players for your team. Have at it. See you in the TB.

what or how is it you plan to 'control the draft' then?

Our league seems to fall for "Runs" on a position.

A few level headed owners never fall for this. I'm sure every league is the same.

I think if we were to pick WR - WR at the begining of the second it would cause a lot of our owners to start reaching for WR for the rest of the second and into the third.

Therfore, we would have the choice of basically the same tier RB in the 3rd as we would of gotten in the second but we would also have a top tier WR.

I could care less what anyone else does in the draft and I think most would feel the same. Trying to "start a run" only means that you are not drafting the best players for your team. Have at it. See you in the TB.

:shocking:

I dont let others influance my draft.....I pick I want to pick where I want to pick them.....so this wouldnt matter to me

A few level headed owners never fall for this. I'm sure every league is the same.

I think if we were to pick WR - WR at the begining of the second it would cause a lot of our owners to start reaching for WR for the rest of the second and into the third.

Therfore, we would have the choice of basically the same tier RB in the 3rd as we would of gotten in the second but we would also have a top tier WR.

if all your doing is agreeing to go WR/WR at 1.11, 1.12, 2.1, 2.2, then have at it... its your funeral...

I was under the impression that the two of you would be making some arangement to select particular/specific players or not select particular/specific players so one or the other can stack their team...

either way, if you decide to go thru with your little caper I hope it backfires in your face.

do keep us posted how it works out.

if all your doing is agreeing to go WR/WR at 1.11, 1.12, 2.1, 2.2, then have at it... its your funeral...

I was under the impression that the two of you would be making some arangement to select particular/specific players or not select particular/specific players so one or the other can stack their team...

either way, if you decide to go thru with your little caper I hope it backfires in your face.

No we we going to go RB - RB for 1.11 1.12 then WR - WR at 2.1 2.2

There is now way I'd ever go WR - WR for my first 2 draft picks.

BTW I have no Idea who he's targeting or he any idea of my draft players.

This plan only applies for the position and only for the first turn.

So far I'm hearing what I feel.

"Good owners won't fall for it, Average owner's may but that's their fault"

Oh and, "I should be punched in the face for considering it"

"or gut." I think he gave you an option in case you wore glasses.

I dont get it....most likely most guys in your league will go rb rb wr wr.....what does this plan even do?...It just makes no sense... :shocking: I dont get the point.....most likey there will be plenty of WRs drafted before your 3rd pick so how are you starting a run?.....there will be plenty of RBs picked before your picks how are you starting a run?

In my big money league there would be a line of owners giving you the choice of face or gut...

My friend and I have the 11th and 12th pick.

I'm thinking of going along with the idea of starting a trends on the turns.

Is it ethically wrong to work with someone in this kind of format? Control the draft IF it works?

I'm thinking it's not. Who said FF has to be completely individualist?

collusion = cheating.

This would be morally, ethically and every other "ly" wrong.

Not to mention a major violation of the dude rule. Chicks partner up to piss...men draft alone.

HTH

:blink:

if I'm the guy in the 12 hole i'm trying to convince you to go WR WR so I can double up on 2 of the top 12 RB's (assuming someone snagged manning)

Im still not sure what or how you think you'll 'control the draft' by going rb/wr...

most every mock Ive seen has the 11 & 12 spots going rb/wr...

oh and...

collusion = cheating.

Not to mention a major violation of the dude rule. Chicks partner up to piss...men draft alone.

HTH

word.

Uh, except it could also easily backfire - bigtime. You two sit there with your 4 WRs, and others see the talent you overlooked at RB. So the next 5 picks, 4 are RBs and one's Manning. Then a run starts on RBs and you're doubly screwed on the way back.

Considering you're taking the 4 WRs who generally get taken in the mid-late 2nd, you leave them no alternative - you think you're pushing them towards WRs, but I think you're pushing them towards RBs.

Uh, except it could also easily backfire - bigtime. You two sit there with your 4 WRs, and others see the talent you overlooked at RB. So the next 5 picks, 4 are RBs and one's Manning. Then a run starts on RBs and you're doubly screwed on the way back.

Considering you're taking the 4 WRs who generally get taken in the mid-late 2nd, you leave them no alternative - you think you're pushing them towards WRs, but I think you're pushing them towards RBs.

That was my point as well. I just don't see it. If I were drafting online, I would think there were a couple of rooks in our league.

It would be easier to punch myself in the face... I think... More leverage that way

wrong again...

Id get way more leverage stepping into the punch than you ever could.

Please explain to me how this starts a "run." On what? K's because neither of you drafted one?

My plan is to go RB -RB in the 3rd and 4th. The other guys plan I couldn't tell you.

I'm hoping by starting a RUN on WR to get other guys to reach.... Not me.

I'm thinking if I get the #1 or #2 WR in the second then I can get the same tier/points RB in the 3rd that I would of taken in the 2nd anyway. Except now I have a top tier WR as well.

It might not work. But I don't see really how I'm really hurting myself.

This whole Idea came up because we were shooting the sh!t and he let slip he was going to take S. Smith on the turn. I thought well if I also take a WR, knowing our league, people will be stretching for WR through the 3rd round.

wrong again...

Id get way more leverage stepping into the punch than you ever could.

My physics manual says you are correct sir!

collusion = cheating.

HTH

:P

Um, yeah. All of this "good owners wouldn't fall for it..." crap is just that. Why is that even coming up? The point is that you win on your merits. Focking cheat the IRS or something that nobody cares about. Any collusion like you are describing is just wrong. May god have mercy on your soul.

Sorry, if you have such a need to post a new topic, try to do better, this is so totally bogus. How does one start a run when 2 Wr's and 2 Rb's are taken at the turn? Please try to do better. This is nothing but a couple of rook's talking after 1 too many.

I don't think this will work. Those top Wide Receivers are being drafted in the 2nd round anyway. Plus, after the top 7 or 8 wide recievers, running backs will fly off the board, and you'll essentially be giving someone with a great #1 RB from their early first round pick, McGahee or Westbrook as their #2.

Awesome idea - see if you can also get the other fools in your league to go on that Kicker run in the 4th round. I'll bet that will work. Give it a whirl :P

Thanks for your input.

Once again, I can see my logic was flawed.

In the aspect of causing a run that is.

One of the things everybody likes is to do is cause a run on TE, K, DEF. I was just trying to take it 1 step further. I think 3 in a row might cause a panick but you're right about 2.

On collusion I'll have to give that more thought. Right now, I'm having a hard time getting that impression. If 2 companies gang up on thier competition in order to better their sales this is normal business practice. There's nothing illegal about it. I'd be surprised it doesn't happen in pro sports on some level all the time. Baseball before the trading deadline comes to mind.

I'm going to punch myself in the face for good measure anyway.... Just to be safe.

Thanks for your input.

One of the things everybody likes is to do is cause a run on TE, K, DEF. I was just trying to take it 1 step further. I think 3 in a row might cause a panick but you're right about 2.

On collusion I'll have to give that more thought. Right now, I'm having a hard time getting that impression. If 2 companies gang up on thier competition in order to better their sales this is normal business practice. There's nothing illegal about it. I'd be surprised it doesn't happen in pro sports on some level all the time. Baseball before the trading deadline comes to mind.

I'm going to punch myself in the face for good measure anyway.... Just to be safe.

Then...not to be sarcastic this time, FF is part game, part business. On the business side there is nothing immoral about teaming up to weaken the competition, other than a few antitrust laws. On the game side, most the time we are in leagues with friends. This thread makes me think someone has watched too much Survivor. When I enter into a league, every team is my competition and I don't want to help out anyone unless it makes me stronger then them too. Your concept seems to have some strategic logic. But, it really seems designed for later rounds with QBs, TEs and Ks. Its cheesy but in the scheme of fantasy transgressions, Ive seen much worse than this.

Thanks for your input.

Don't apply these rules to the business world. Apply them to sports.

Take a couple owners from the draft. Say they sit down together and decide that they'll both pay their top draft choices an exorbitant amount of money, in order to make everyone else have to pay above market value for their picks. That's collusion.

i love it when people reach for wrs in the first two rounds, leaves more rbs for me to draft, but if the two of you have an agreement of which players you want and the other agreeing not to take them, then that is collusion, punch, face, family etc...

collusion = cheating.

HTH

:lol: Scooter I'm going to use that line on two guys in my league. I'll give you credit.

This thread makes me think someone has watched too much Survivor.

Hmmm, that hurt. Really because I hate that shows and all like them. I've only seen about 3 shows of survivor its first season but that doesn't mean you're not right.

The reason I started to reach for this idea is I want to repeat. No one in our league has every done so in 11 years.

When I got the #11 pick I guess my mind went into a whole new gear. I'm scared at what I would do IF we were playing for $1M....

BTW guys don't ALWAYS piss alone. Sometimes you just gotta go the same time your buddy does. :(

you should go ahead and punch everyone in your family in the face too while your at it...

Um, yeah. All of this "good owners wouldn't fall for it..." crap is just that. Why is that even coming up? The point is that you win on your merits. Focking cheat the IRS or something that nobody cares about. Any collusion like you are describing is just wrong. May god have mercy on your soul.

:pointstosky:

Hmmm, that hurt. Really because I hate that shows and all like them. I've only seen about 3 shows of survivor its first season but that doesn't mean you're not right.

The reason I started to reach for this idea is I want to repeat. No one in our league has every done so in 11 years.

When I got the #11 pick I guess my mind went into a whole new gear. I'm scared at what I would do IF we were playing for $1M....

BTW guys don't ALWAYS piss alone. Sometimes you just gotta go the same time your buddy does. :P

wait you have been playng FF for 11 years and you come up with this rookie scheme? :thumbsdown:

:lol: Scooter I'm going to use that line on two guys in my league. I'll give you credit.

:banana:

I felt like it was an instant classic when I thought of it. Tempted to add it to my sig, but I've got too much there already.

lol

I'm thinking a giant beer can is going to fall on both of you.

I felt like it was an instant classic when I thought of it. Tempted to add it to my sig, but I've got too much there already.

lol

:cheers: definitely a classic!

My plan is to go RB -RB in the 3rd and 4th. The other guys plan I couldn't tell you.

I'm hoping by starting a RUN on WR to get other guys to reach.... Not me.

I'm thinking if I get the #1 or #2 WR in the second then I can get the same tier/points RB in the 3rd that I would of taken in the 2nd anyway. Except now I have a top tier WR as well.

It might not work. But I don't see really how I'm really hurting myself.

This whole Idea came up because we were shooting the sh!t and he let slip he was going to take S. Smith on the turn. I thought well if I also take a WR, knowing our league, people will be stretching for WR through the 3rd round.

Yeah, but even if you start a run on WRs in Round 2, you won't pick again until the end of the third. Do you really think a run is going to last through two rounds? Once the top five or six WRs are gone, guys are going to start taking RBs again. You can't possibly help yourself with so much distance between your 2nd and 3rd picks.

Regardless, this smacks of collusion to me, and you shouldn't do it, IMHO.