Sign in to follow this  
wnyjbc18918

** Official College Football Wagering Thead **

Thanks Ohio State for the two fumbles in the red zone. I didn't need those three points to cover the over or anything.

I hope that's your last victory of the season.

Guys, Memphis-Mississippi tomorrow, the total is 39 1/2. Worth going for the over since you don't know what the offenses/defenses will give you in Week 1, or are there stronger plays.

Only have TCU -6.5 so far tomorrow.

Already marking Cal a loss!! :argue: :first:
I just got back from Neyland Stadium!!The Vols showed CAL what SEC football is all about.

YTD- 3-1

Repost:

Cal +1 LOSS

Auburn -14.5 WIN

Ga Tech +7 WIN

USC -8 WIN

Oklahoma -22 LOSS

Hawaii +17 WIN

BYU +6.5

TCU -7

Louisville -22.5

Florida State +3

Added:

Houston -14.5 LOSS

Pittsburgh -4 WIN

Wisconsin -10.5 WIN

Utah +3 LOSS

Rutgers +4 WIN

Cal/Tenn over 42 WIN

Florida -20.5 WIN

ND/GaTech under 50 WIN

WSU/Auburn under 50 LOSS

East Carolina +12.5 WIN

USC -3 2nd Half WIN

Houston -7.5 2nd Half WIN

Teaser Card: LOSS

Auburn -1.5

Houston -1.5

Oklahoma -9.5

Texas Tech -13.5

Teaser Card #2: WINNER!!!!

Oregon +1

San Jose St +30

Idaho +39.5

Ohio St -4

Teaser Card #3 WINNER!!!!

EC/Navy under 62

Rutger/NC under 54

Oregon/Stanford under 65

My card looks like a Phillybear card!!!

As of right now I am +$220 on the day. That is getting it done! Great day, thank to everyones help!

15-6 Today

18-7 YTD

Remaining

BYU +6.5 (winning)

TCU -7

Louyville -22.5

Florida St +3

What are yous goin to do? I am going to punch in for work and bet some college football. Going with 12 games in week #1. Winning 9+ games in the first week is nearly impossible. So I am pulling for a 7/8 win opening weekend. $25 a play:

Thursday

Boston College -12 over Central Michigan

*BC is 9-1 vs. outside of conference opponents in their last 10 games. 8-2 on turf. I have them power ranked (a combo of 5 college mags) at #34. I have Central Michigan at #92. I got BC.

Friday

Nevada +12 over Fresno State

*Last year Fresno State lost by 3 at Nevada and this year I think they win 35-34 which puts this game total in the 60s and the game to be close. +12 is enough points for me to go with Nevada. FSU new QB, NR will start Jeff Rowe who threw for 3,000 yards last year.

Saturday

California +1 over Tennessee

*I hate the Volunteer program and not enough respect is being given to just how good Cal is. I think Cal can go undefeated so I am putting alot of faith on that in week #1. Tennessee was 5-6 last season and only have 9 returning starters in this game total. I just like Cal, alot!

Auburn -14.5 over Washington State

*I am going to call this one. Auburn will KILL the COUGARS! Last year WSU was 5-5 ATS and Auburn was 8-1-1 but I don't take stock in those numbers often. How about a power ranking of #8 vs. #61. This game reminds me of the beating Georgia put on Boise State last year.

Georgia Tech +7 over Notre Dame

*Let me the first one to officially end the Notre Dame buzz. I will take Reggie Ball and Calvin Johnson right now over Brady Quinn and all the hype. I am going to ignore this line and take the +7 right now. Which means Philly will be taking the Irish. This one is between me and Notre Dame.

USC -8 over Arkansas

*Someone smack me. Is this line a joke? All I have heard so far is that John David Booty can play, the Trojans have a ton of talent reloaded, and Arkansas going to be better this year. If I a laying money in week #1 I will go with a huge program getting minimal respect. Arkansas was 4-7 ATS last year.

Oklahoma -22 over UAB

*This pick for me is strictly due to Adrian Peterson and the rest of the Oklahoma team looking to put the scandals behind them and get out on the right foot. The Sooners are more than capable of blowing out UAB. Almost the entire Sooner defense is returning too.

Hawaii +17 over Alabama

*I think Bama will win but not by more than 2 TD's. Hawaii has 9 returning offensive starters which will be enough to put up a fight.

BYU +6.5 over Arizona

*I have BYU ranked slightly higher and the points are enough for me to play. BYU is returning there top skill players with John Beck throwing for 3700 yards last season. Arizona will struggle to win 4 games this year.

Sunday

TCU -7 over Baylor

*Again I see a huge difference in rankings and you have to look at that in week #1. I have TCU #17 and Baylor at #71. So on paper this should be a blowout. TCU QB Jeff Ballard is 8-0 as the starter.

Louisville -22.5 over Kentucky

*I am predicting 46-14 in this one with Louisville just having way too much for Kentucky to handle. Louisville has 15/22 starters back and Bush/Brohm. They will roll. Big.

Monday

Florida State +3 over Miami

I hate this game so much but I can't stay away. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from LSU blowing out Miami last year. And I am starting off against them this year.

BC -12

Nevada +12

Cal +1

Auburn -14.5

Ga Tech +7

USC -8

Oklahoma -22

Hawaii +17

BYU +6.5

TCU -7

Louisville -22.5

Florida State +3

6 Dogs

6 Favorites

Talk about hit or miss. I was dead correct on Auburn, USC, Hawaii and Ga Tech. Dead wrong on Cal/Oklahoma.

Congrats to all that made money today and for those of you who didn't there is always next week.Some really good cappers in here so if you listen up and soak in the info you could make some cash.

I see a few teams that I may fade until they prove me otherwise or the line is just too much to risk.

As for tomorrow I'm leaning with Baylor getting the points at home and Ole Miss at this point.

The Louisville/Kentucky game is one I will steer clear of or may make a small play on the total.

6-2 so far this weekend with FSU +3 on Monday. Shot most of my money on UTEP getting +2.5 over SDSU. Won big on that. Tenn +3 over Cal was an "easy" watching game, sometimes you need that for your betting nerves. Bucks, Wisc, USC and someone here on the board talked about E. Carolina should hang with Navy. That was a winner. Thx to whomever made that a great pick.

Two losers 'Bama -17 and Rice actually made it a game and covered. The Duffman is up 350/ 7 units.

Thx to all for some great insight. looking forward to next week. :argue: :dunno:

Saturday

N. Illinois +17 LOSER

N. Illinois +17.5 LOSER

Nebraska -21.5@-123 WINNER

Hawaii +16 3 units WINNER

California -2 2 units LOSER

Utah +3.5@-124.5 2 unitsLOSER

Washington St. +14 2 units LOSER

Georgia Tech +6.5 2 units WINNER

Baylor +7 2 units LOSER

Miami -3@-124 2 units

overall 4-8 -6.52 units

2+ unit plays 3-4 -1.89 units

Go Miami! Help me salvage something this weekend!

Repost...

Overall College YTD: 5-6; +.15 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 2-1; +2.65 units.

Card subject to change. All for 1 unit unless indicated othewise. In time order.

Saturday Early

Michigan (-25.5) LOSER

No Illinois (+17.5) LOSER

Penn St (-17) WINNER

Stanford (+12) LOSER

Rutgers (+4.5) WINNER

Nebraska (-22) WINNER

Florida Atlantic (+32) LOSER

East Carolina (+12.5) WINNER

Utah St (+12.5) LOSER

California (-2) for 3 units LOSER!!!!!!

Indiana (-6) WINNER

Florida (-20) WINNER

Saturday Night

Wisconsin (-10.5) WINNER

Hawaii (+16) for 3 units WINNER

Hawaii 2nd H (+6.5) for 3 units WINNER

Utah (+3.5) for 3 units LOSER

Pittsburgh (-3.5) WINNER

Arkansas St (+5) WINNER

Washington St (+14) LOSER

Houston (-14,-15) for 3 units LOSER

Houston (-7) for 2nd H for 3 units for 3 units WINNER

Parlay

Houston (-7) for 2nd H and Miss (-3) 2 units to win 4.92 units for 2 units WINS 1.67 units

Good luck to all.

Overall College YTD: 18-15; +3.32 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 6-4; +3.42 units

CFL: 7-5; +3.85 units

If not for a couple of key 2nd H wagers, it would have been a miserable Saturday. It's not that the big plays lost. The games weren't even close, with the exception of Hawaii. Not a particularly good start to the season. Very disappointed with the backdoored push on Ole Miss. I played Saskatchewan yesterday, which won, and Baylor, which lost. But they weren't posted before the board went down.

Monday

Miami (-3.5) for 1 unit

(3:00PM EST)Calgary (-7.5) for 1 unit WINNER

Just waiting for my lines. Good luck to all.

Fellas:

Having a fine first weekend 6-3-1. I had LV about eight ways to Sunday and they all cashed.

:clap:

Miami-FSU:

In 05, 04, 02 this game either went into OT or was decided by a FG or less.

Give me the Noles plus 3.5 and I'lll take my chances.

Gl to all.

GT is a borderline top 25 team who has faired very very well in early season games lately. They took out Auburn 3 years ago and last year to open the season. I think this is a trap game for ND -- Jon Tenuta, GT's defensive coordinator, is one of if not the best defensive coordinators in the nation. He's definitely got the smarts to match Charlie and ND. On top of that, ND hasn't seen a WR as good as Calvin Johnson -- not even when they played against Dwayne Jarrett.

I'm not saying GT will win, but I'd take GT and the points.

When will you people just listen to me.

:o

5-0 so far this year and I am liking a lot of favorites today. That is never a good thing. Each of these bets will be for $1.

WV vs Marshall: WV -22

This game is a clear overmatch and with the speed that WV has at the skill positions, this game will get out of hand early. You will see at least 3 TD's of 40 or more yards by WV in this game.

OH ST. vs NIU: OH St.-17

Oh. St has a look buy game with Texas next week, but Jim is master at having his team ready to play. Smith will be the difference in this game as you will see one of the best QB's is the country shred a NIU defense. Wolfe is an oustanding rusher for NIU and when healthy is one of the best in the country. If Oh St. cant get out to an early start, then this game could be close. In the end I expect NIU to have to throw alot more then they would like.

CAL vs Ten: Cal -2

Phili summed up this game pefectly. Ainge is a TERRIBLE QB. I live in ATL, so SEC football is in my blood. Ten is a proud team, but Ainge and Fulmer are on their way out and this game will be one of the nails in the coffin.

UTAH vs UCLA: UTAH + 3

My lone underdog today... WOW... UCLA lost most of their skill position players and will be evenly matched in this game. The 3 point spread is for home field advantage only IMO. I'll take the points. One of these teams will win by 3.

WIS vs BG: Wis -10 1/2

BG high powered offense is only returning one starter with signifigant playing time. The spread offense they run is now being headed by a redshirt freshman. This will be Wisconsin first game without Alvarez and I believe they will come out ready to play. This is another mismatch game skill wise. BG scored 35 first half points against the Badgers last year... Expect the Badger D to come out fired up...

ND vs GT: ND -7

GT defense is impressive, but their one weak spot is a defensive back. We all know how potent the ND air attack is and you will see it in this game. GT will have to rely on Calvin Johnson as he is there only real offensive threat. I dont expect ND to shut Reggie Ball or Johnson down all game, but GT cant match up with ND where it matters. I am going to this game and fully expect ND to win eaily.

Added:

*** Hawaii + 17 ***

Will update before 11:30 if I see any more games I like... Good Luck! :o

4-3 is this session, but I did win Lou and TCU yesterday bringing me to 11-3 on the season... + 780

A great first week! :banana:

I like Mia under the total of 40 for tonight.... I might do Mia - 3 1/2 and under 40 for $1 parlay... That would get me over my mendoza and allow me to collect the 1st week. :banana:

UCLA & UTEP were my no-brainer picks.....Since the "U" has been working (Ucla/Utep) we're sticking with "The U".

Forget wide right, forget wide left...won't matter...forget -3.5.......Miami wins this one easy. Miami is flatout the better team and they have a nasty defense this year. Oh...the game is at Miami, BIG advantage!

Take Miami -3.5. Another easy pick.

YTD College Football: 21-7

Tonight: Florida State +3

Both teams have good defenses but the coaches have to improve on offense to conted for the national championship. I see this game going 27-20.

21-7 on opening weekend. I want some props!

East Carolina +12.5 vs Navy $200 WINNER!

What a weird game...Navy had only 6yds passing but over 400 rushing. ECU had about 300 passing and about 70 rushing....Pirates are much improved from last couple years, nice way to start off the wagering season!

As a sidebar to college football, I noticed the line dropped like a bomb on Thursday's NFL game between Pittsburgh and Miami. Roethlisburger's injury made the home field favorites, Pittsburgh, drop from -4 to +1. They are actually the underdog now.

Listening to the heard this morning and he said there is now a 85% chance of bad thunderstorms for tonights game.

I am taking miami and the under

Season total: 8-6-1 +2.15 units

All 1 unit picks:

CFL:

Calgary -7.5

Hamilton +7.5

NCAA:

Miami -2 after the 1st half

I notice everyone likes the under in tonights game. I wouldn't bet any under in college football in the 30s. Right now this game is 38.5 for the total and with thunderstorms likely means that line could drop some more. I stay lay off the game total tonight.

Still like FSU with the points.

21-7 on opening weekend. I want some props!

Very nice Ditka.

Thoughts on the Labour Day games?

I am on Florida State becuase of the way Miami ended last season getting blown out by LSU. They have supensions to deal with. To me this has the makings of a Miami meltdown.

I like FSU to win by a touchdown. Staying away from the under because the line is too low for me, don't like the over because this game should showcase two very good defenses.

Listening to the heard this morning and he said there is now a 85% chance of bad thunderstorms for tonights game.

I am taking miami and the under

New-Guru, thanks for the weather tip. I agree with Hirricane that unders in college are scary in the 30s because of clock stoppage and all, but this should in no way go over especially with weather on your side. Anytingh can happen with these 2 powerhouses, but im goin under baby!

Starting slow too. Took Baylor and Mississippi yesterday which lost. Took Louisville the last game of the night which coved. YTD -1.6 units. Miami Tonight

little fyi...

by my count the favorites won the weekend 23-18-2.

probably why i did so poorly.

hopefully the favorite follows suit tonight.

All 1 unit picks:

CFL:

Calgary -7.5 WINNER

Hamilton +7.5

NCAA:

Easy cover for Calgary. 44-23 final score.

I like FSU for some reason. Im not a dog bettor at all, I hate betting the dogs, but I really like the Noles tonight. Had a good weekend, hoping to continue.

Under 38.5 for $1... I hate watching a game when I bet then under... Hopefully we wont see any of this :thumbsup: tonight! :huh:

Big game tonight, but I'm passing. Seems it could go either way. Seems like the board is pretty well split on whether it will be FSU or Miami coming out on top.

In the tennis world, I'd bet Gasquet 25th seed to beat the 15th seed Leyton Hewitt, but Gasquet kind of got screwed by having to play yesterday in a 5 set winning performance because of Saturday rainout. I wonder if playing the previous day, would make for tired legs. Well, tired or not, I'm going on gut instinct here and betting Gasquet +124.

Good luck all with the college football game.

Edited to add that Gasquet is serving only 80mph on some serves. I could return those. Gasquet got his serve broke 3 times in the 1st set, and twice in the 2nd set losing both sets 6-4. Ugly.................and it ain't over........ I should've went with the football game.

All 1 unit picks:

CFL:

Calgary -7.5 WIN

Hamilton +7.5 LOSE

NCAA:

Come on Miami :first:

My Miami 1st half bet paid off. They look much better than FSU right now and with a 2nd half line of only .5 I dropped 2 units on Miami.

Def. Not liking the Miami FSU game right now. FSU has all the momentum. This is for a positive week. LETS GO MIAMI !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Sweet, they managed that game like a bunch of Donkeys!!!!!!!

wow if coker survives this season i'll be amazed. the mistakes made in this game just blew my mind. awful.

least the yanks came back tonight so i won't lose too much money.

overall 4-9 -9.00 units :banana:

2+ unit plays 3-5 -4.37 units :lol:

close the book on this nightmare week