Sign in to follow this  
Bananarama

Vernon Davis Vs. Kellen Winslow Jr.

I have both, and I've already considered dropping Vernon Davis, only because it doesn't "seem" like his freak talents will be used much this year. Couple that with a bad offense in general and I dont know, it just seems like rookie draft hype for the future as opposed to an immediate impact. I'm in a 12 teamer 25 round IDP draft by the way, so it's not like we aren't a deep league.

I want to pick up winslow cause i have davis right now, but i dont' know who to drop...it would be between norwood or lundy but they both seem to be headed in the right direction...or i can give up on VD altogether...

I have both, and I've already considered dropping Vernon Davis, only because it doesn't "seem" like his freak talents will be used much this year. Couple that with a bad offense in general and I dont know, it just seems like rookie draft hype for the future as opposed to an immediate impact. I'm in a 12 teamer 25 round IDP draft by the way, so it's not like we aren't a deep league.

Niner fan here...Davis will come on later in the year....week 5-7....he'll be picked up and will be a late season pickup by someone and he'll score some TDs. But I agree that he won't be more valuable then Winslow this year. Eric Johnson is a sleeper...shhhhhh :)

Niner fan here...Davis will come on later in the year....week 5-7....he'll be picked up and will be a late season pickup by someone and he'll score some TDs. But I agree that he won't be more valuable then Winslow this year. Eric Johnson is a sleeper...shhhhhh :)

Yeah, with Alex Smith throwing, EJohnson will definitely be a sleeper throughout the year. Somebody please wake him up when the season is over :first:

Yeah, with Alex Smith throwing, EJohnson will definitely be a sleeper throughout the year. Somebody please wake him up when the season is over :doh:

Hrm...sometimes when you pay attention to homers, you get good late value picks, smartarse. Man, what is wrong with people? And some wonder why I get irritated with people sometimes.

Facts:

Eric Johnson is 100%

Despite VD's high draft, EJ is about 100 times more experienced, and moreover he can block while VD is still learning this. EJ has been a favorite target all preseason and Alex Smith has raved about how happy he is to have him as an out.

With Rattay behind center, Eric Johnson managed to pile up 82 receptions for 825 yds and 2 TDs.

This Niners team will throw a lot. Eric Johnson is a great TE2 in deep leagues, 12, 14, 16...I think he'll have better production than Davis early on, while Davis learns to play the position as something other than an oversized WR.

I love Davis and think he's a future star. But right now the TE I'd want to own on the Niners is Eric Johnson...you can get him way late and he's a good target - 6'3, 252 lbs. He sure doesn't have 4.3 speed, but while Davis is drawing the coverage, EJ will be reeling in catches.

Personally I didn't draft any Niners this year, because I think they'll all be too inconsistent, though I do covet Bryant in my PPR league.

I think it wuz on NFL live today or yesterday but they said that Davis has been having difficulty picking up the offense and may not be ready to contribute for a year... :doh: Take it for what it's worth, he is extremely gifted though and i am a 49er fan so i hope it clicks and he becomes a monster