Sign in to follow this  
Bugs Bunny wuz here

Greg Jennings

Will this kid produce in his rookie season? We've seen a few receivers go over 1000 yards with 7-8 TDs in recent years. Two years ago had several productive rookie wideouts. Is Jennings the guy this year? I saw he was promoted to the #2 spot, so I'm thinking about grabbing him.

Will this kid produce in his rookie season? We've seen a few receivers go over 1000 yards with 7-8 TDs in recent years. Two years ago had several productive rookie wideouts. Is Jennings the guy this year? I saw he was promoted to the #2 spot, so I'm thinking about grabbing him.

I grabbed him, giving up Cedrick Wilson, my #6 WR (a tossup between the two with jennings having more upside in my TD ONLY league.) I wouldn't take him over established players in earlier rounds, but as my last rostered WR, he has huge potential. GB's going to be passing this year, even if it means Favre is eating grass while doing so(eating, not smokin') Plus Favre's schedule is easier for the pass this year compared to last, I think.

He is the #2 WR in the GB offense, take it from there. I think he has alot of up side but would expect at least 700 yards and 5-6 TDs.

I like the kid. Had him as my #5 but bumped him as a start for week 1 over M Clayton(TB) and A Bryant.

I see him more as a Derrick Mason type. ALot of Receptions and Yards. Not as many TD's.

Maybe 80 REC for 900 yards with 4-5 td's and 2 of them being 40+yards. On that team in the red zone it will be the TE or Driver. but for the big play and 3rd down they will look for Jennings.

I like the kid. Had him as my #5 but bumped him as a start for week 1 over M Clayton(TB) and A Bryant.

I see him more as a Derrick Mason type. ALot of Receptions and Yards. Not as many TD's.

Maybe 80 REC for 900 yards with 4-5 td's and 2 of them being 40+yards. On that team in the red zone it will be the TE or Driver. but for the big play and 3rd down they will look for Jennings.

You got the rookie going against the Chicago defense? Please...explain your situation. I'm in a similar predicament. I have him as well and I'm ponder on whether I should start him, Ernest Wilford or Troy Williamson as my 3rd WR.

You got the rookie going against the Chicago defense? Please...explain your situation. I'm in a similar predicament. I have him as well and I'm ponder on whether I should start him, Ernest Wilford or Troy Williamson as my 3rd WR.

Sounds like you and I drafted the same guys...I'm thinking Williamson over Jennings but If Chicago gets a big lead then garbage time might get Jennings some good numbers.

Sounds like you and I drafted the same guys...I'm thinking Williamson over Jennings but If Chicago gets a big lead then garbage time might get Jennings some good numbers.

Chicago never has a big lead.

I love this kid but I cant bring myself to drop I. Bruce for him. What do you guys think? The kid is still on the wire in my league.
I think Bruce is washed up and no longer the 2 wr for his team. Jennings is the real deal and Greenbays 2 wr. Hmm would I take a old age wr on the downside of his career or would I take a young wr with alot of upside ?

I like him alot as well and would take him over I. Bruce but would start Ernest Wilford before I would start the kid (at this point in the season especially against the Bears D).

Bryant is going up against the card's D, while Jennings is against the bears' D. I think Jennings will have one game-breaking catch in his game, but I think over-all Bryant will have a better day.

I think Bruce is washed up and no longer the 2 wr for his team. Jennings is the real deal and Greenbays 2 wr. Hmm would I take a old age wr on the downside of his career or would I take a young wr with alot of upside ?

This is a redraft or it would be a no brainer, Do you think he'll outproduce this year? I would have already rolled the dice on this one but I have Holt as my #1 and Bulger :wub: Bruce if Holt takes a dive. It's just a close one for me, thinking of doing it just to offset a heavy bye week 7 for me.

I'm cautiously optimistic with Jennings ......... there are very few rookie WR's who are productive fantasy wise in there 1st season. Right now he's more hype than anything, lets see if he holds on to the ball now that it's for real. I wouldn't start him on any fantasy roster yet.

i think all you can say about jennings is he is better than robert ferguson. that is about it.

This is a redraft or it would be a no brainer, Do you think he'll outproduce this year? I would have already rolled the dice on this one but I have Holt as my #1 and Bulger :wub: Bruce if Holt takes a dive. It's just a close one for me, thinking of doing it just to offset a heavy bye week 7 for me.

I would take him over Bruce in any type of league. Like I said in other post about Jennings I think he will have a Michael Clayton 04 type year.

Well I had A Bryant in but Jennings had looked good . I just remember what a fast reciever (Jennings ) can do against CHI. I remmeber last year when Bryant burnt them for 2 long bombs. Probally CHI only weakness is covering speedy reciver ( they did do a good job gainst S Smith) . Its a #3 wr call and I may change it back to Bryant . ( I am waiting to see how Clayton is before commiting to him as a #3) . i was debating it all week and saw that 86 yard catch and run that Jennings did Thursday against TENN and I said Ok maybe he deserves the start.

I your situation , might be sort of the same. Dont know what to expect from Williamson and wilford is a question mark( but i agree he may be a better start ). Go with your gut instincts. They are usually right.

I would take him over Bruce in any type of league. Like I said in other post about Jennings I think he will have a Michael Clayton 04 type year.

Sufficently convinced

Now I'm just going to need your address and what time your wife and kids are home if this doesnt work out. :dunno:

really though thanks for the advice.

If it's gunslinger Brett Farvrevere throwing the ball coming from behind all year long, as usual, Jennings has plenty of upside as WR2 in the system.

Problem is, if BF goes down or implodes, Driver and GJ will be hurting, and this could all happen come playoff time for your fantasy team.

But if GJ is wavier wire fodder, no reason not to lock him up.

Probally CHI only weakness is covering speedy reciver ( they did do a good job gainst S Smith)

no they did not.... he had 13 receptions for 167 yards in the first game during the regular season, and in the playoffs he had 220 yards receiving 2 tds, and 20 yards rushing against Chicago.. and how is that doing a good job against S.Smith again????

i think all you can say about jennings is he is better than robert ferguson. that is about it.

:lol: :mad: :mad:

He will have to be a play maker on Green Bay, I expect Brett to look his way many times this year and he should put up some good numbers. He is a free agent steal. :cry:

i would drop ike bruce for him im a ny minute.....bruce already has a hammy issue , curtis is about to take that job..that i would bet on.

Depends who you have to drop to get him. I'd take him if I had to redo my draft over B Edwards in the 15th, but it's tough whether I'd take him over E wilford in the 14th. Ad as far as dropping someone to get him it's tough. Like I could drop L White to get him as a gamble but should I? I don't know. Probably a good move since Jennings is a starter and white is not, but in the end will white bust out when.if C Brown goes down.???

Jennings is a stud, but no more than 5-6 tds this year.

See this I have a L. White v. V Davis issue http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...=228173&hl= :thumbsup:

no they did not.... he had 13 receptions for 167 yards in the first game during the regular season, and in the playoffs he had 220 yards receiving 2 tds, and 20 yards rushing against Chicago.. and how is that doing a good job against S.Smith again????

You are correct sir ,Sorry about that I was thinking of something else. Even makes my example a little better. CHI has one weaknes on D and it is the deep ball against fast recievers. Never will I comapre the talents of Jennings to Steve Smith but if you have seen Jennings run he his a very fast reciever.

from the 15 practices that I saw, he was the best Packer rookie WR in years...

my only fear is...the packers cant find a punt returner..and yes, greg does that well..i have a bad feeling he will also return kicks..maybe thatll help him get into the flow of the game..maybe he gets dinged up..who knows..

im drafting in a local draft wed and yeah..everyone is high on jennings..plus we all know that consistantly, over 3 guys are going to catch tds..driver, franks and jennings...

but to say how many...who knows?...

if the pack gets close..thats franks area...but from further out, he can break it..

to me, hes corey bradford..not as fast..but much better hands..

plus ferguson is 1 more tackle from another IR stint..

I would be more excited if GB brought in Peter Warrick, then I would taking Ferguson...

would i start him vs the bears? MAYBE as a last spot WR if i was set everywhere else...the grass is the best right now, weather should be good..maybe he lights up the Bears like Steve Smith did? :ninja: :cheers:

Have to disagree with those that talk about his speed. It's not great, but actually, very average. That said, there are some guys that play fast in pads and he does. His strengths are smooth, polished route running and YAC ability as evidenced by his punt return ability. GB will be behind this year and I like the kid. Don't think I would start him vs Chi but I would love to have him on my bench. Unfortunately, he was drafted around 9-11 in all my leagues.

I love this kid but I cant bring myself to drop I. Bruce for him. What do you guys think? The kid is still on the wire in my league.

same thing for me, i have meshawn and jennings is available. i want him but cant get myself to drop the key.

same thing for me, i have meshawn and jennings is available. i want him but cant get myself to drop the key.

There's no way I would drop my Keys for Jennings unless Johnson was injured or had 3-4 weeks of zilch and jenning was starting to blow up.

Jennings is the real deal, but he is also a rookie and the Pack are one big question mark this year. If you are in a league that awards points for return yardage however and are willing to gamble on a #5,#6,#7 WR to ride the bench as a gamble he is your guy.

I took him with the last pick of the draft two weeks ago. When I saw of him play this preseason and then saw the highlight of that 89 yard catch he kinda reminded me of Sterling Sharpe. Then I read that he will be the first Rookie WR to start for the Pack since Sterling Sharpe making me like taking him even more.

my thinking is this...

if u are looking at picking him up to depend on him and save your team, you didnt draft that well..the season hasnt started yet...unless u are looking at a bench player-turned starter, you shouldnt have to consider making moves..

patience....

that being said..the packers will struggle..but they wont be shut out..

favre has no real confidence in ferguson..but he loves jennings..

if the pack only scores twice per game..theres a decent chance that itll be to jennings..

MY only question mark is...

how will Mccarthy and the new staff run the offense? mike sherman was boneheadly too predictable..

in training camp, i saw much more use of the tight ends..

i dont see many bombs to jennings..the packers cant afford a lot of low % plays..but he has shown he can break a long one on a short pass..thats something Ferguson hasnt shown...

and the bear game is JUST week 1...sit him on the bench..or ignore him but keep an eye on him...

after the bears, its saints, lions, eagles, rams...thats not murderers row..

what will u care if favre throws 3 picks? the thing youll love is..you have #85 and favre wont stop throwing to him..youll grow to love the gunslinger mentality and chances...

you get a top wr on the bears, muhammed..he may score..he may not..theyll win, but if u arent a bears fan, you wont care..youll hate that the team cant throw..or shuts it down and refuses to...

with jennings..itll be like pulling the slot machine recklessly and waiting for the big one to hit...

I have T.O, Driver, & Kennison as my starters. Im thinking of pickin up jennings in case driver goes down!! Out of Jenkins, Cedric Wilson or Mike Williams. Its like picking the fat girl instead of the ugly skinny ones :D

from the 15 practices that I saw, he was the best Packer rookie WR in years...

Having drafted a GB rookie WR, what, 4 years ago who turned out to be pretty handy - I'd be impressed if you're right...

Its like picking the fat girl instead of the ugly skinny ones

:banana: Take the fat chick: she can always diet whereas you can't change an ugly broad.

I grabbed him off the waiver wire. I think he is a good sleeper that has a lot of potential. I don't think you start him at this time, but I think he could add some good debt and become a viable backup.

The preseason that he had, suggest that he is capable of doing the same in the regular season.

You are correct sir ,Sorry about that I was thinking of something else. Even makes my example a little better. CHI has one weaknes on D and it is the deep ball against fast recievers. Never will I comapre the talents of Jennings to Steve Smith but if you have seen Jennings run he his a very fast reciever.

hah its cool man, i think Jennings will kick some butt this year too good for 900yds receiving 6-7 tds, heck i got him on my roster on my profile lol

Bruce is over the hill dude.

i think all you can say about jennings is he is INFINITELY better than robert ferguson. that is about it.

Fixed. :rolleyes:

Grab him if you can especially for dynasty leagues.

There's no way I would drop my Keys for Jennings unless Johnson was injured or had 3-4 weeks of zilch and jenning was starting to blow up.

Jennings will already be gone by the time you realize you should have pulled the trigger.